DBWI: Rohm doesn’t launch a coup

What it says on the tin: what if Hitler actually stays in power? I mean, the man was batshit crazy and I kinda wonder what would’ve happened if he didn’t get the very literal boot after the Nazis took power.

Rohm did so when he learned Hitler planned to assassinate him as a political rival and go to him first. It was a pretty surprising move since it meant a lot of diplomacy stuff go thrown out the window.

Rohm did help promote a lot of homosexuality rights, but he was still a Nazi. The ethnonational bent, the autocracy and the overemphasis on military and tradition were all large problems that led to the decline of the Nazi party’s popularity. Then he tried to solidify power after throwing the rest of Hitler’s flunkies to the jails and start some wars to regain land.

Hitler was a madman, so he would’ve done worse

Well, Hitler probably tries to kill gay people along with the disabled/ Jewish/ Romani population. Hitler was also on drugs and at least a little insane, so Germany might've started falling apart once the Allies got more of a foothold. I still maintain that Hitler would've been worse than Rohm, he wrote some crazy shit in Mein Kampf.

Dolan

Banned
Well, Hitler probably tries to kill gay people along with the disabled/ Jewish/ Romani population. Hitler was also on drugs and at least a little insane, so Germany might've started falling apart once the Allies got more of a foothold. I still maintain that Hitler would've been worse than Rohm, he wrote some crazy shit in Mein Kampf.
Ah yes, the gay clause Rohm make that effectively tolerate Jewish people as long as they are visibly gay.

The European Jewry survived Rohm's madness mostly intact, but they were all scared by how every Jewish men was forced to pretend they were gays.

Ah yes, the gay clause Rohm make that effectively tolerate Jewish people as long as they are visibly gay.

The European Jewry survived Rohm's madness mostly intact, but they were all scared by how every Jewish men was forced to pretend they were gays.

You know that’s old Soviet propaganda, right? They made that up as something they found when Stalin curbstomped the Germans six ways to Sunday and did his little March to the Rhine. While some German Jews did that, by and large that just wasn’t the case for every single Jewish man, nor did the law explicitly protect Jews so long as they were gay. It was propaganda to exaggerate how hellish Nazi Germany was (even though it WAS awful). Fuckin tankies man, gotta get your heads out of Moscow sometimes...

Deleted member 94680

OOC: Really?

Dolan

Banned
You know that’s old Soviet propaganda, right? They made that up as something they found when Stalin curbstomped the Germans six ways to Sunday and did his little March to the Rhine. While some German Jews did that, by and large that just wasn’t the case for every single Jewish man, nor did the law explicitly protect Jews so long as they were gay. It was propaganda to exaggerate how hellish Nazi Germany was (even though it WAS awful). Fuckin tankies man, gotta get your heads out of Moscow sometimes...
No Comrade, Comrade Stalin won't lie a such ridiculous lie! Do you think the mass murder of two million Gypsy and hundreds of thousands of Jews in those death camps is Soviet Propaganda too?

OOC: Really?

OOC: Just go with it, I think we pivoted that one away successfully

No Comrade, Comrade Stalin won't lie a such ridiculous lie! Do you think the mass murder of two million Gypsy and hundreds of thousands of Jews in those death camps is Soviet Propaganda too?

The thing is, we have actual documentation of those atrocities. We’ve see the death camps, we’ve heard the testimony of the senior officials at those camps, we’ve seen government documents proving it true. What we haven’t gotten for the Gay-Jew defense is any of that. A handful of Jews did in fact provably do that, but for the most part the absurd claim that everyone did it seems to have no basis in reality, just that a couple hundred out of the millions rounded up tried it.

Rohm did help promote a lot of homosexuality rights

OOC: Would he actually have done that? I know he and at least some of the SA leadership were gay, but I had the impression that he and his ilk were just fine with general reactionary nastiness as long as they personally were shielded from any repercussions - basically 'I got mine, sucks for the rest of you'.

OOC: Would he actually have done that? I know he and at least some of the SA leadership were gay, but I had the impression that he and his ilk were just fine with general reactionary nastiness as long as they personally were shielded from any repercussions - basically 'I got mine, sucks for the rest of you'.
OOC: No clue actually, though he was a genuine leftist on some stuff. I’m guessing he would justify it by noting how the Spartans and other ancient warriors were with homosexual relations