DBWI: Riots in Germania

Well, its 2006, and it looks like the decline of the Nazi Empire in Europe is boarding a fast train to total collapse.

For those of you who missed the news, riots have broken out in Germania (Berlin), Stuttgart, Munich, and CNN and Reuters got out pictures of masked protestors torching effigies of Fuhrer Stahl. Of course, what makes this different then the food riots of 2004, and the rebellion in Ostland and SS Burgundy.

Well, SS Police Brigades and deployed SS Troops have, at least according to rumors, refused to fire on the demonstrators this time. Of course, we dont actually know what triggered the riots, but if this spreads, it could be the end of the Nazi Empire.

Breaking News-Also, apparently UN Ambassador Vostrakov of the Union of Soviet Technocratic Republics has filed a resolution demanding the Nazi's open up to democratic elections and allow in Weapons Inspectors, so we will see were this goes.

(OOC:The Nazi Empire was decaying 5 years after the war, but showed serious decline by 1970 after it retreated from European Russia. By now, the average German makes as much as an average Moldovan in OTL, and its basically a massive pariah state with an aging nuclear arsenal and a shitty but bloated military. The Soviets went transhumanist and kind of weird, and have a Per Person Income roughly equal to South Korea. They are technically free, but their government is very opaque.)

First off, AD, I like this new project of yours, reporting OTL news stories like they're the set-up for a DBWI, it's neat.

As to the Germans: if the SS has really refused to fire, that might be it for them. If it's SS from the cities, then they might just be refusing to shoot their neighbors and friends, so I expect them to try again with troops from elsewhere in the country, probably rural units, who don't know these people.

That might be the case actually. Really the reports I am hearing are from Aloud (OOC:Twitter), and people are talking about specifically SS-Florian Geyer and Jugend refusing to fire on Berliners. However, Aloud is also talking about SS Liebstandarte Adolf Hitler might be rolling.

If they are, it wont end well for the demonstrators......

I saw on MSNBC that the giant statue of Hitler in Germania has been torn down, but tanks rolled in and the crowd dispersed soon after. I guess they somehow took control of a very large crane or something, because that statue was massive. I can't find any video of it on youtube.

German opposition leader Angela Merkel is expected to take questions in London (where she of course has been exiled for six years) at a press conference. Should be interesting.

However, Aloud is also talking about SS Liebstandarte Adolf Hitler might be rolling.

If they are, it wont end well for the demonstrators......

Ugh. I vaguely remember what they did back in '04. Wasn't there a bunch of people trying to get it's commander charged with crimes against humanity?

Liebstandarte isn't going to desert the regime but not all the SS is like Liebstandarte. This isn't granddads SS that conquered Europe, outside a few elite units most of the SS is indistinguishable from any of the other armed forces in terms of loyalty. The big question is what the other armed forces are going to do. Man for man the Luftwaffe ground troops are among Germany's best and Navies marines aren't completely useless, add to that the various Gauliters local security forces and the other armed groups and there are a lot of people in Germany with guns.*

*I'm guessing a surviving Nazi Germany will, like real Nazi Germany, have lots of different forces under arms.

Well, it's about damn time the Nazi Empire started falling apart! They've been on the fast track to implosion for decades.

I wonder if they'll finally confirm all those rumors about what happened to the Jews, Poles, and Roma that were in their borders?

We "know" what happened, they were resettled in the "East". Quite what part of the "East" they are in has yet to be determined :(

Ugh. I vaguely remember what they did back in '04. Wasn't there a bunch of people trying to get it's commander charged with crimes against humanity?
I know he is on a list of people the International Criminal Court in Singapore would love to get their hands on after his tanks shelled a university common building filled with demonstrators.

Thoresby- Its a good point that you have, though the Kriegsmarine has generally pretended its above doing what the other services do.

Hopefully the allies don't muck it up like they did when the Italian Empire collapsed. Uegh.
Well, the peacekeepers have finally gone home, and supposedly the Pope is considering leaving Mexico City.

We "know" what happened, they were resettled in the "East". Quite what part of the "East" they are in has yet to be determined :(

The Soviets didnt find any of the Jews when they rolled back into Moscow and St.Petersburg, but as for what happens in Ostland, General government, or God help us, SS Crimea, well...who knows.

I saw on MSNBC that the giant statue of Hitler in Germania has been torn down, but tanks rolled in and the crowd dispersed soon after. I guess they somehow took control of a very large crane or something, because that statue was massive. I can't find any video of it on youtube.

German opposition leader Angela Merkel is expected to take questions in London (where she of course has been exiled for six years) at a press conference. Should be interesting.

OOC: Ugh....I hate DBWI's.

Oh for god's sake, I'm sick of hearing all this crap about the Jews disappearing or whatever. Enough with the BS conspiracy theories.

OCC: Staunch Nazi nationalist :p

Kongzilla

Banned
I here they're restarting their old death squads the Einzatgruppen to round up anyone they think might have been responsible for starting the Riots.

Bah, these riots come and go like the seasons. Sadly, this blight will remain over europe for decades more to come, if not longer :( I heard that the leaders of the riots have already been caught :(

And according to various sites on the holonet martial law has been declared. Also evidently the regional governmental offices of Silesia have been stormed in Breslau by protesters.

Did you saw the garrison in Paris joined the protester waving Free France flag.:eek: It seem shit really hit the fan.

I'm not sure this is the endgame everyone's talking about. Hitlerite Germany has cracked down on various demonstrations in the 80s and 90s with few problems. Part of the problem is that Germany is a major nuclear power; the events of 1997 have shown that Fuhrer Eckhardt was willing to use nuclear weapons against his own people.

In the end, only the offshore warning proved necessary. But I think Stahl is as bloodthirsty as his predecessor. I'm concerned that if that decision is made, we are looking at a humanitarian crisis far worse than either the collapse of the Italian state in the 70s or even that of the Soviet Union in the 1940s. In neither instance were nuclear weapons used; in neither instance was the rest of the world unable to send aid and get people out.

As for free and fair elections: It's hard to see what would emerge given the eight decades of Hitlerian perversion. We try that road, we may well get a Strasserite or a Aryan Solidarity in charge. This nation has opted to re-enslave millions, deliberately kill gays, political dissidents. Even the so-called moderates aren't so moderate; promoting unity by promoting Aryan Supremacy? A return to absolutism by a chosen few?

The best we can possibly get is a regime that agrees to accept outside help, and one whose top leadership is at least interested in a transition towards normalcy. Maybe that Merkel woman is interested in that, but I doubt Germany would ever accept a disciple of Jewish Science in charge.

CNN is reporting the the USS Robert F. Kennedy battlegroup, along with the 24th and 26th Marine Expeditionary Units are being ordered to the Mediterranean to "protect western interests in the region". The Royal Navy already has had the Ark Royal battlegroup there already for a couple of weeks. The Allies are getting worried.

Well it is official. Stahl has stepped down due to "his health preventing him from being a person worthy enough to deliver Germany from this momentary crisis".

Obviously the military is going to start running things, but which part of the military...