DBWI:Piast Poland

What's with all the mixed spelling? Can we use the Krakovian Orthography or not at all.
So:
Elžbieta or Elzzbieta
Długoš or Dlhugosz
Pliča or Plicza etc
If you only know the Anglicised alphabet just recall that a +h is a dash (´) and a +z a dip (ˇ). And you probably already know a tittle (˜) is a nasal.

[OOC: well of course the orthography will be different!]
Good point. Considering the fact, that bishop of Cracow who invented Krakovian Orthography was illegitimate son of Popielid king of Poland thete is no way Polish orthography would look the same with different dynasty on the throne. Perhaps older spelling, with square letters for hard consonants and round letters for palatalized consonants and with letters borrowed from Greek alphabet to represent some of Polish fricative consonants would still be used? Imagine these weird letters in unicode.

Good point. Considering the fact, that bishop of Cracow who invented Krakovian Orthography was illegitimate son of Popielid king of Poland thete is no way Polish orthography would look the same with different dynasty on the throne. Perhaps older spelling, with square letters for hard consonants and round letters for palatalized consonants and with letters borrowed from Greek alphabet to represent some of Polish fricative consonants would still be used? Imagine these weird letters in unicode.
Or even the weird Ardelian mix of Latin and Greek with a dash of Ruthenian!
Or is that Latin and Ruthenian with a dash of Greek?

krieger

Banned

Well, there is also simplified ortography introduced by communists after 1917 revolution and it is still used. It is part of legacy of Piłsudskis's government.

Elzzbieta
OC: you can get three z in a row with that ortography like zzzuć, zzząć, zzzerać, zzzyć, zzzymać - not to be confused with zzuć, other zzuć, zząć, zzerać - ok, never heard anyone using that one, and zzyć respectively.

(I don't know how you get ć in that ortography)

Would the Piasts have a different emblem to the Polish Phoenix? Perhaps Eagle & Wheel (I think piast means wheel?) rather than Eagle & Flames?
Rather ironic considered the current republic uses a wheel symbol :biggrin:

OC: you can get three z in a row with that ortography like zzzuć, zzząć, zzzerać, zzzyć, zzzymać - not to be confused with zzuć, other zzuć, zząć, zzerać - ok, never heard anyone using that one, and zzyć respectively.

(I don't know how you get ć in that ortography)
[OOC I was going for dash for "first palatal", two dashes for "second" that later becomes the caron. The z therefore represents the second like OTL Polish. First dash would probably still be i/j though x might be possible as another letter not in common usage.
ć therefore doesn't change under Crakovian or is written cx. The English would naturally at first write ch for both.]