DBWI: Nixon Makes a Comeback

Dolan

Banned
Richard Nixon also make a sizeable side income of owning and running a big franchise of used car dealership, with his political career stays (instead of just being a persecutor), Nixon's Cars would never becoming the dominant force in Used Car trades in North America.

Richard Nixon also make a sizeable side income of owning and running a big franchise of used car dealership, with his political career stays (instead of just being a persecutor), Nixon's Cars would never becoming the dominant force in Used Car trades in North America.
I mean a lot of that success came from all the friends and favors he made over the years. The man could gladhand with the best of them. On the more positive side being a big proponent of Civil Rights, like many Republicans of his generation, being one of the few dealerships willing to sell fairly* to the poorer black communities did a lot of good to build him up as the first choice for a sizable minority of the population who were being underserviced.

* or at least as fairly as he sold to white communities, he was still selling used cars.

Dolan

Banned
I mean a lot of that success came from all the friends and favors he made over the years. The man could gladhand with the best of them. On the more positive side being a big proponent of Civil Rights, like many Republicans of his generation, being one of the few dealerships willing to sell fairly* to the poorer black communities did a lot of good to build him up as the first choice for a sizable minority of the population who were being underserviced.

* or at least as fairly as he sold to white communities, he was still selling used cars.
Even if he did put some *cough* unfair practices over the now infamous quality, nobody could deny that all those affordable, cheap used cars did contribute a lot to desegregation amongst Black Population.

Nixon's Cars was indeed infamous for being so cheaply retouched, the paintjobs often peeled-off, and the upholstery often falls off and break apart, but Nixon did care for having the engine and basic chassis in good condition, his cars often looks like shit in a year, but with basic maintenance, they will run for a long time, giving most of African-American people enough mobility to start working in what could be reached by cars, even moving and working in rural communities, not being forced to live in run-down urban hoods all the time anymore.

Without Nixon's Cars, there will be no intermingling of Black and White, but yeah, the sight of rusty cars with peeled-off paintjobs and seats patched by wood planks owned by poor people (of all race), is simultaneously the sign of hope but also marking them as poor...

I doubt Nixon would have been able to pull off détente with either China or the USSR. I'll give RFK that much (I might be pretty leftist, but RFK is unquestionably the most powerful peacetime president we've had, and I don't think that's a good thing).

I doubt Nixon would have been able to pull off détente with either China or the USSR. I'll give RFK that much (I might be pretty leftist, but RFK is unquestionably the most powerful peacetime president we've had, and I don't think that's a good thing).

There's no way that a hardline anti-communist like Nixon would've ever recognized Red China. As for those arms reduction treaties that Kennedy negotiated, it's pretty safe to assume that they never would've happened had Nixon been elected.