DBWI: Nigeria becomes a Republic instead of a Monarchy?

I got another e-mail from a Nigerian prince, once again asking for my help in smuggling his wealth out of the country before the revolutionaries get to it.

This got me thinking: what if Nigeria had become a republic instead of a monarchy upon gaining independence from Britain? How would the nation develop? What is the impact on the region? Would there still be the current ongoing revolution & civil unrest in the country?

And if Nigeria was a republic, what would be the fate of all those Nigerian royals currently stuck in the nation, desperately sending out mass e-mails in the hopes of reaching outside help to aid their escape?

When they invaded Benin and Togoland, we said nothing. When they 'liberated' Kamerun and Chad, the world did not seem to take notice. When they overran Sierra Leone and Burkina Faso only the drug lords seemed to notice. But when they hit Niger, Liberia, and Mali, I lost any sympathy. The Lion of Africa is dead and his family scattered, the rebellions of his own making.

Why don't they just email that money to their soldiers, or other countries' soldiers? Seems like it'd fix their coup problem better than mass currency flight will.

I created a Yahoo account under the name Harry Knuttz and pretended to fall for the scam, but Harry was dumb and kept making mistakes. Drove the prince crazy.

I got another e-mail from a Nigerian prince, once again asking for my help in smuggling his wealth out of the country before the revolutionaries get to it.

This got me thinking: what if Nigeria had become a republic instead of a monarchy upon gaining independence from Britain? How would the nation develop? What is the impact on the region? Would there still be the current ongoing revolution & civil unrest in the country?

And if Nigeria was a republic, what would be the fate of all those Nigerian royals currently stuck in the nation, desperately sending out mass e-mails in the hopes of reaching outside help to aid their escape?
The Northern Nigerian Hausa Sultanate wouldn't have declared independence.

well let me put it this way there are alot of corruption problems in Nigeria to the point where even latin american countries have political science classes on how to avoid corruption in the government with Nigeria as the prime example taking eight of the ten main examples. I honestly think that without such a blatant corrupt and unstable set of regimes Latin America probably wouldn't have taken the time to establish anti corruption measures during the era of Caudillos and Junta's. On the other hand the meme culture of I am (insert name here) high lord of (insert Nigerian province here) in accordance to a decree made by (insert Nigerian prince here) would be even more of a joke in such a timeline as THERE ARE NO NIGERIAN PRINCES.