DBWI: How would fantasy literature be affected if the allies won WW2?

After the Germans won WW2, fantasy literature entered a new era where all kids(and adults) stories mostly involve a brave young man and 3 to 4 brave souls of other ethnicities beating down the big bad Red and Black 'Wolf' and his fanatical hordes in his lair.

How would fantasy literature be today if the allies and USSR had won?

Just because we live in a free country does not exempt us from the law. All literature must be approved by the American Free Speech board and you are implicitly saying we could have done better under other leadership. I am a Patriot and a life long silver shirt and if you continue to insult the Leader I will apply for an order to reveal your address.

Just because we live in a free country does not exempt us from the law. All literature must be approved by the American Free Speech board and you are implicitly saying we could have done better under other leadership. I am a Patriot and a life long silver shirt and if you continue to insult the Leader I will apply for an order to reveal your address.
What American nation are you in. I dont understand, the fact that what I am understand the last bastions of democracy (like Republic of Argentina, The Free Nation of the Philippines and other democracies , allowing free speach and other rights) and they being last major arsenals of Democracy still standing

Not all of the High German fantasy stories produced today are as you describe. Many involve a quest for a tangible treasure only to have the seeker gain something unexpected (love, wisdom, manhood, maturity, etc.). Others involve conquest and the realization that brothers in battle can grow bonds even closer than brothers in blood - ever wonder why Hank William Jr's "Country Boy Can Survive" did so well in Continental Europe for so long? Try reading Joseph Campbell's "Hero with a Thousand Faces" if you get a chance, it greatly inspired the universes of Krieg der Sterne, almost every episode of Königliches Raumschiff Barbarossa, and at least half of the movies out of Weimar (and Freiburg or Hoboken, depending on your taste...or lack thereof).

PNWKing

Banned
Who knows how it would have gone. I heard some rumors about how the Nazis treated the Jews, and I feel like some of this stuff could have inspired new fantasy literature.

I'm fortunate enough to not get access to German literature out here in the "Free State of Colorado" but I imagine that it would similar to the likes of Tolkien, Carroll, and Doyle.

They probably would “reimagine” certain stories to make them more “epic”, if I’m being honest.

Like for instance, some author could reimagine Little Red Riding hood as a monster hunter that hunts down the giant werewolf that killed her mother, only to reveal that werewolf was her father.

Or a Snow White reimagine where she become Queen of the Dwarfs, with her Seven Dwarf Knights, as she wages war against the Evil Queen.

Hell, with enough time, those reimagined stories could become movie franchises in Hollywood.

Could you imagine a world like that? I cringe at the mere thought of those existing

After the Germans won WW2, fantasy literature entered a new era where all kids(and adults) stories mostly involve a brave young man and 3 to 4 brave souls of other ethnicities beating down the big bad Red and Black 'Wolf' and his fanatical hordes in his lair.

How would fantasy literature be today if the allies and USSR had won?
Huh. This policy of Odin not striking down (either in person, or via agents) anyone who dares to imagine a scenario where the Norse Gods do not exist and thus it's theoretically possible for their favourite nation in the Axis to potentially lose is really weird. But you're still posting, so I guess it's still going...
But if the Germans don't win World War 2, I guess Stalin probably wins it, and, uh, he and his successors aren't going to take kindly to thinly veiled allegories of 'red and black wolf = soviets' with a side order of 'heroic to fight them'.

They probably would “reimagine” certain stories to make them more “epic”, if I’m being honest.

Like for instance, some author could reimagine Little Red Riding hood as a monster hunter that hunts down the giant werewolf that killed her mother, only to reveal that werewolf was her father.

Or a Snow White reimagine where she become Queen of the Dwarfs, with her Seven Dwarf Knights, as she wages war against the Evil Queen.

Hell, with enough time, those reimagined stories could become movie franchises in Hollywood.

Could you imagine a world like that? I cringe at the mere thought of those existing
I mean, Hollywood movies are very popular in Germany, just heavily censored. Disney and Paramount has their films distributed by UFA. In that “Tangled” film, it was heavily censored by German authorities