DBWI: Henry VIII has no children with Catherine of Aragon

I remember Henry VIII divorcing his wife, Catherine of Aragon, dissolving the monasteries, splitting from the pope and removing his two kids on succession on 1532 despite having a son in 1518, named Edward who fought him and succeeded him due to killing him on 1540 and restored Catholicism, would Henry VIII be successful in his reformation if he did not have a son?

The two kids of Henry VIII were forced to be in Exile on the continent with their mother, Catherine and later Mary Tudor marrying Francis I of France on 1530, although both Catherine and Edward were able to return on 1540 on the defeat of Henry VIII.

I remember Henry VIII divorcing his wife, Catherine of Aragon, dissolving the monasteries, splitting from the pope and removing his two kids on succession on 1532 despite having a son in 1518, named Edward who fought him and succeeded him due to killing him on 1540 and restored Catholicism, would Henry VIII be successful in his reformation if he did not have a son?

The two kids of Henry VIII were forced to be in Exile on the continent with their mother, Catherine and later Mary Tudor marrying Francis I of France on 1530, although both Catherine and Edward were able to return on 1540 on the defeat of Henry VIII.
Please this scenario is pure ASB

Last edited:
I suppose that with Edward, the anti-Reformers had a viable figurehead to push as the true King of England.

If Henry had no children, or even just a daughter, would that have been the same.

I suppose that with Edward, the anti-Reformers had a viable figurehead to push as the true King of England.

If Henry had no children, or even just a daughter, would that have been the same.
Henry VIII is seen as similar to Ivan the Terrible of Russia but compared to Ivan the terrible he did get what he deserves.

No problem. If Henry VIII and Catherine have no children, the Pope grants the king an annulment of the marriage for some gold and question solved. Of course Charles I of Castille and Aragon would be mightly pissed, but it wouldn't be as if the Pope had kicked the arse of the German Emperor, you know what I mean.

No problem. If Henry VIII and Catherine have no children, the Pope grants the king an annulment of the marriage for some gold and question solved. Of course Charles I of Castille and Aragon would be mightly pissed, but it wouldn't be as if the Pope had kicked the arse of the German Emperor, you know what I mean.
Actually, the main reason why he disinherited his children with Catherine aside from a souring marriage, it is that he is afraid of Charles I of Castile and the Habsburgs gaining influence in England.

OOC: This has happened to the Grandfather of Catherine of Aragon with Charles, Prince of Viana.
That was different AND Charles, Prince of Viana was never formally disinherited AND still would be ASB for Henry personality, circumstances AND for the costumes of the time

Actually, the main reason why he disinherited his children with Catherine aside from a souring marriage, it is that he is afraid of Charles I of Castile and the Habsburgs gaining influence in England.
Well, that could have been a problem if Charles had not resulted to be a bit sterile like the brother of his grandma. The sudden end of the Castillian branch of the Habsburg is still one my favourites what ifs. Charles could have united Spain into a single kingdom, had not been for the chaos that followed his death without a male heir. All the job of Ferdinand and Isabella to naught.

Well, that could have been a problem if Charles had not resulted to be a bit sterile like the brother of his grandma. The sudden end of the Castillian branch of the Habsburg is still one my favourites what ifs. Charles could have united Spain into a single kingdom, had not been for the chaos that followed his death without a male heir. All the job of Ferdinand and Isabella to naught.
We ended up in Portugal inheriting Castile due to Leonor's children with John III inheriting Castile...his daughter married to the Portuguese heir.

We ended up in Portugal inheriting Castile due to Leonor's children with John III inheriting Castile...his daughter married to the Portuguese heir.

Which was a clever move as Portugal had some idea how to deal with an American Empire. Just imagine if Castille had become intermingled with the Habsburg wars in Germany and the Low Countries...

OOC: This scenario is quiet implausible. Why Henry VIII would divorce if him has son. In OTL he divorced with Catherine because he couldn't get male heir. ITTL him has so it seems bit odd that he just divorced and inherit his heir. That doesn't make any sense, not even with Henry VIII.

OOC: This scenario is quiet implausible. Why Henry VIII would divorce if him has son. In OTL he divorced with Catherine because he couldn't get male heir. ITTL him has so it seems bit odd that he just divorced and inherit his heir. That doesn't make any sense, not even with Henry VIII.
OOC: Yeah, it is quite implausible but it is possible if Henry VIII goes insane but who would prove him insane and lock him up?.