DBWI: Henrich Himmler goes into politics

Nowadays Heinrich Himmler is remembered as a pioneer of modern German chicken breeding. His daughter Gurdun would become the founder of Die Arbeiter Geflügel (The Worker's Poultry), one of the biggest fast food industries in the modern world. However few bring up Himmler's fascist leanings in the 20s and 30s. In 1923 he considered joining the Nazi Party but declined due to concerns over it affecting his farming business. Given the discrediting of the Nazi Party following the Beer Hall Putsch, it was probably for the best. There's been alternate history on what a successful Beer Hall Putsch would be like, and if the far right leanings in Germany allowed Hitler to bounce back politically. I don't see many of these what ifs with Himmler, who could've joined up. So I'm wondering what might have happened with either of the Beer Hall Putsch what ifs if Himmler was involved with the Nazi party. I don't think it's that absurd; Walt Disney started as a cartoonist and he went on to become the governor of California, so a chicken farmer becoming part of this ethnonationalist movement comes off as plausible to me

Hmmm. How much influence could he wield if he joined one of the various far right parties operating in Germany at the time? How radical could he have been? In OTL he showed some pagan leanings,could this become a part of his politics?

Can't imagine he would be taken seriously with his paganism. People don't care when they're buying chicken, but voting for elected officials is a different story.

Please. You really think he'd have gone anywhere in the organization? At best, he'd be a footsoldier in the... what were the brown uniformed guys again?

Hmmm. How much influence could he wield if he joined one of the various far right parties operating in Germany at the time? How radical could he have been? In OTL he showed some pagan leanings,could this become a part of his politics?
Some signs? He made a copy of the Spear of Destiny. But that wasn't the worst bit, he almost went to bankruptcy beacuse he wanted to find the lost Ark of the Covenant. Which Steven Spielberg used to make him the villain in The Raid for the Lost Ark.

He was lucky his daugther had a better sense of business and managed to talk him out of searching for it even more. Also I would like the world a little less without her chicken sandwiches.

Hitler wasn't really discredited after the Beer hall putsch. He went to prison and wrote a book that became very popular upon its release.
He was assassinated shortly after his release from prison by a communist agitator
The investigation into the murder determined that If he had had semi competent bodyguards the Assassin never would have gotten near him

Last edited:
I had vaguely heard of the Beer-hall putsch before, but still I had to look it up. What a strange little incident. I imagine that Ludendorff would've been the real brains if it succeeded (or if Hitler survived that assassination and somehow managed to take power eventually). From my understanding Hitler was way too unstable to lead a country. Of course, what happens once old age inevitably catches up to Ludendorff sometime in the 30s is anyone's guess ;-) Who knows, maybe Germany ends up allied with Rexist France 😲. I can't imagine the Nazis were _so_ anti-Semitic as to throw out all the Jewish atomic scientists so that could be a really scary scenario indeed.

None of this directly relates to Himmler of course, maybe he'd have become agricultural minister or something.

Last edited: