DBWI: Balkanized UPCA

As we all know the UPCA or United Provinces of Central America is a nation that technically controls all of Central America and we all know that it is a bit shocking that they managed to stay united up to this day when most latin american nations broke up to pieces. And their unity and avoidance of Balkanization did help them develop and be one of the countries with a good quality of life compared to the other nations in the region and one of the fastest growing economies in the world.

So lets say the UPCA broke up after independence or balkanized, how would it affect the region and stuff.

Well certainly panama and costa rica wouldnt ended be annexed by the united states and prussia respectively

You might be mistaken here, Panama and Costa Rica are provinces of the UPCA
(Ah sorry my knowledege of UPCA isnt too fleshed out yet) anyways let me correct what i said
As we all know the UPCA or United Provinces of Central America is a nation that technically controls all of Central America and we all know that it is a bit shocking that they managed to stay united up to this day when most latin american nations broke up to pieces. And their unity and avoidance of Balkanization did help them develop and be one of the countries with a good quality of life compared to the other nations in the region and one of the fastest growing economies in the world.

So lets say the UPCA broke up after independence or balkanized, how would it affect the region and stuff.
Well for starter the UPCA wont have a cold war with haiti in 1870s and if they balkanized perhaps yucatan would take guatemala

I doubt that these all provinces could survive as independent nations. These would are quicklfy puppetise by Mexico or USA. And these hardly can be viable nations anyway.

They do have the support of nuevo leon and the us and their army us decent enough i suppose
It might be ironic as Yucatan begged the UPCA to let them in to their union but they turned it down because of the civil war problem. Though it is very unlikely all of guatemala, but a part of it is plausible