DBAHC/WI: Explain why the Indian Subcontinent looks like this:

1200px-India_topo_big.jpg

I found this insane map of the Indian Peninsula online. I mean, how so you end up with three countries and not two, with a border down the middle of it? What the heck happened to the Barclay Model and the Bisecting?

Our goal here to speculate what would cause India and Pakistan to become three instead of two, and what may the effects be ITTl.

(In character, its dividing the Indian subcontient down the middle, with Muslim majority on the west side, and a hindu majority in the east side).
OOC:
1591661503427.png

I don't see how a 2 split is possible with a recent POD(unless you mean Bangladesh is Indian).

Edit: I just saw the forum section now, my bad.

If the early muslim invaders hadn't been as succesful, maybe? I know the later Mughals didn't convert well.

Last edited:
I’m more interested in why the the fuck China is in Greater Tibet?!?
Why not, Tibet is ridiculously weak and backwards, taking it just requires a bit of will. They still practice serfdom in some areas! And as long as the conqueror is not murderous dictatorship, the takeover would be an improvement for everyone but the ruling theocracy.

Why not, Tibet is ridiculously weak and backwards, taking it just requires a bit of will. They still practice serfdom in some areas! And as long as the conqueror is not murderous dictatorship, the takeover would be an improvement for everyone but the ruling theocracy.
I know that but freaking China ? The sick man of Asia, the land of a hundred warlords? Even the french kicked their asses in the Great Wars. The French! I don’t think anyone has been able to find leader they can point to as a strong enough leader that they could unify or conquer the others and especially be strong enough to conquer greater Tibet.

Last edited:
I know that but freaking China the sick man of Asia, the land of a hundred warlords? Even the french kicked their asses in the Great War. The French.
Hey, the French are no slouch on the offense, as the moves in Europe have always shown. It's defensively they crack

Hey, the French are no slouch on the offense, as the moves in Europe have always shown. It's defensively they crack
The French historically had the tendency of blindly charging forward, and either breaking through or getting massacred, more or less 50-50 chance.

Anyway, the only advantages Tibet would had against a potential Chinese warlord (let alone some hypothetical united Chinese state) is the remoteness and backwardness of this country - it's a logistical nightmare. Aside of that, defeating a country of warriors armed with lances and old hunting rifles should not be difficult. Like Northamerican Indian nations, Tibet exists for other reasons than the ability to fend off its neighbors.

I know that but freaking China ? The sick man of Asia, the land of a hundred warlords? Even the french kicked their asses in the Great Wars. The French! I don’t think anyone has been able to find leader they can point to as a strong enough leader that they could unify or conquer the others and especially be strong enough to conquer greater Tibet.
Make fun of the French but in the meantime the English have never managed to establish themselves in Asia. :p
"Pakistan" sounds like the Muslim world, what are Muslims doing here?

Thats not all that crazy. I remember reading a book on post Anglo-American war decolonization how the British planned on breaking India into as many as six states. The idea, if I remember correctly, was to make sure another of their former colonies was ever strong enough to challenge them again. I think it was shot down by some racist twit pointing out that there was no way Indians were capable of standing against a "civilized" state. Rubbish.