Well, avoid the North's secession from the Union which resulted in the United States losing its industrial heartland and economic/population center.

Well, avoid the North's secession from the Union which resulted in the United States losing its industrial heartland and economic/population center.
That was a symptom of America not reaching any kind of prominence not a cause, really they need to avoid the coming into conflict with the British and later the French so often.

Dolan

Banned
And then remember the whole Confederation's Canadian debacle, which see their industrial power literally razed to the ground by Britain over their ill-advised attempt to invade British North America.

Even if the CSA and USA stays united, their tendency to try taking over other countries land would stay problematic.

As for the wider impact of this world, well, the Federal Republic of Mexico (OOC: Has the borders of the First Mexican Empire) wouldn't be so big, for starters.

And then remember the whole Confederation's Canadian debacle, which see their industrial power literally razed to the ground by Britain over their ill-advised attempt to invade British North America.

Even if the CSA and USA stays united, their tendency to try taking over other countries land would stay problematic.
I resent that we only razed a few cities to the ground, we annexed every thing else, bringing all the sane people of america back into the fold of the British empire as was right and proper. :winkytongue:

A healthy start would be revising the Articles of Confederation into a document allowing for a stronger central entity and less state infighting. With that most of the cohesive issues the U.S. historically experienced may reasonably be butterflies, allowing them to make full use of the lands of eastern North America.

Dolan

Banned
I resent that we only razed a few cities to the ground, we annexed every thing else, bringing all the sane people of america back into the fold of the British empire as was right and proper. :winkytongue:
Yes, it's kind of funny that Britain shelled and burned New York to the ground, only for the Confederation surrender to Britain to form the Dominion of New England, causing British money being spent to rebuild the city they previously almost wiped off the map.

At least they are smart enough to change the New City's name into Victoriapolis.

Yes, it's kind of funny that Britain shelled and burned New York to the ground, only for the Confederation surrender to Britain to form the Dominion of New England, causing British money being spent to rebuild the city they previously almost wiped off the map.

At least they are smart enough to change the New City's name into Victoriapolis.
Damn shame that Albertsville is on the other side of the continent, I mean it makes sense since it's the capital of the Dominion of Oregon, but seriously, it's a tragedy that the Royal Cities are so far apart

Getting back on topic i agree with sphenondo, considering almost half of the wars with Britain before the northern succession could be summed up as some state caused another crisis with Britain, just having a central government that could curb the insanity that was state adventurism would have gone a long way.

Getting back on topic i agree with sphenondo, considering almost half of the wars with Britain before the northern succession could be summed up as some state caused another crisis with Britain, just having a central government that could curb the insanity that was state adventurism would have gone a long way.
"Let's just copy the holy roman empire's government, they span from Amsterdam to Vienna, they have to be a good role model"-Jefferson, probably.

Seriously though, I think wanking the us is hard simply because none of the leaders of the Revolt wanted to... lead the nation. And there is the folley of Republicanism anyway-the people don't want to govern and they don't want to be governed because they are selfish, hence they need a strong government to lead them.

Fundamentally it's the same reason that the Emperor of Britannia has seen a restoration of power that parliament took from the King of the United Kingdom.

Dolan

Banned
Fundamentally it's the same reason that the Emperor of Britannia has seen a restoration of power that parliament took from the King of the United Kingdom.
Theoretically, King George V just enlarged the Parliament to include population-based representatives from British North America and Australia, who due to minimum ties with London aristocrats, basically becoming Kingsmen in all but name.

King George V spending the majority of his youth being Governor-General of British North America (and being the architect behind rebuilding of New York as Victoriapolis) definitely helps cementing that.

Theoretically, King George V just enlarged the Parliament to include population-based representatives from British North America and Australia, who due to minimum ties with London aristocrats, basically becoming Kingsmen in all but name.

King George V spending the majority of his youth being Governor-General of British North America (and being the architect behind rebuilding of New York as Victoriapolis) definitely helps cementing that.
True.

Christ can you imagine France? With Britain spending decades having to get north america to stop being on fine all the time, they had free reign, conquering Aragon and Catalonia from spain before puppetting spain, taking western germany and italy... with britian not dedicated to north America we have a right proper France screw.

Dolan

Banned
True.

Christ can you imagine France? With Britain spending decades having to get north america to stop being on fine all the time, they had free reign, conquering Aragon and Catalonia from spain before puppetting spain, taking western germany and italy... with britian not dedicated to north America we have a right proper France screw.
That did paid Britain Handsomely in the end of 20th Century tho. The re-absorption of the Northern parts of previously rebellious Colonies of North America did gave the Empire bigger Industrial capability and also financial bases, all while basically puppeteering the various failed states that was formerly USA with soft power, as they are utterly refusing any kind of direct integration to the Empire.

And yes, less ridiculously backstabbing, quarrelling, and riotous USA from the start might be able to become a Superpower the way British Empire had for now. It is an open secret that the Imperial Tea and Spice plantation in the east, I mean, the British Raj, is mostly manned and guarded by North American soldiers. British-born soldiers garrisoned the North America, the Australian garrison at Scotland and Ireland, while the Sikh and Nepali Army garrisoning the Australia.

It was a nice system to avoid rebellion, I say

That did paid Britain Handsomely in the end of 20th Century tho. The re-absorption of the Northern parts of previously rebellious Colonies of North America did gave the Empire bigger Industrial capability and also financial bases, all while basically puppeteering the various failed states that was formerly USA with soft power, as they are utterly refusing any kind of direct integration to the Empire.

And yes, less ridiculously backstabbing, quarrelling, and riotous USA from the start might be able to become a Superpower the way British Empire had for now. It is an open secret that the Imperial Tea and Spice plantation in the east, I mean, the British Raj, is mostly manned and guarded by North American soldiers. British-born soldiers garrisoned the North America, the Australian garrison at Scotland and Ireland, while the Sikh and Nepali Army garrisoning the Australia.

It was a nice system to avoid rebellion, I say
Importing armies from one part of an empire to another to avoid mutiany and rebellion is a pretty old system, the British simply copied it into the modern day.

More to the topic at hand if the United States were to have any chance of becoming anything beyond a regional power they needed to get as much space as they could as fast as they could. Part of the conflict with Canada was about the Northern territories being far too overpopulated to support themselves while also forcing those in the Southern Territories into a situation where more and more land was bought and controlled by a handful of plantations owners. Maybe if they worked out some sort of shared custody deal for Luisania with France to get more territory they could have spread out enough to be in a much stronger position. Not that I see France agreeing after the United States basically defaulted on all their loans and sort of gave moral support to the calls for a Constitutional Monarchy in France. Not the sort of actions that build a lot of trust.

The Americans also had to deal with a rival power on the west coast. After the Chinese kicked the Spanish out of Xindalu (Can’t remember the Spanish word for it, I thinks it started with a C?) and set up shop they immediately threatened American expansion in the west. If it was just the Ming trying to conquer North America the Americans might have had a chance to push them out. However, after the Chinese started working with Korean navel experts and hiring Samurai for the pacification of their new territory they just became too entrenched for America to ever push out. I’m in Shenzhen right now actually (Go Dragons!) and its easy to see how a natural harbor like Shenzhen bay pretty much guaranteed the colonies access to global trade. It also helps that just a few miles away is the Great Fertile Valley which fed the population as it skyrocketed from births and pan-Asian immigrants. The Republic isn’t called a melting pot of culture for nothing.

Last edited:
The Americans also had to deal with a rival power on the west coast. After the Chinese kicked the Spanish out of Xindalu (Can’t remember the Spanish word for it, I thinks it started with a C?) and set up shop they immediately threatened American expansion in the west. If it was just the Ming trying to conquer North America the Americans might have had a chance to push them out. However, after the Chinese started working with Korean navel experts and hiring Samurai for the pacification of their new territory they just became to entrenched for America to ever push out. I’m in Shenzhen right now actually (Go Dragons!) and its easy to see how a natural harbor like Shenzhen bay pretty much guaranteed the colonies access to globe trade. It also helps that just a few miles away is the Great Fertile Valley which feed the population as it skyrocketed from births and pan-Asian immigrants. The Republic isn’t called a melting pot of culture for nothing.
That woulda been a hard trick. If the Americans had control over the entire continent they'd still be facing off against one of the largest and most powerful nations in human history, one that didn't have the English problem of having to import most of its raw materials and a manpower pool larger than the next four nations combined. The only hope would be to cut off Ming's navy which would be hard considering that in the 1830's I'm not sure America had a Navy beyond a few pirate hunters. If the Spanish couldn't manage it then it'd be hard to imagine anyone in the region who could. (granted Spain didn't really fight that hard, focused more on maintaining control over what is now the Mexican Empire and Grand Columbia. Though they might have wished they knew about the gold in advance.)

I've read somewhere that Napoleon considered selling France's American colonies to the US, but the US couldn't come up with the money he asked for. That could be a good start seeing how Louisiana has the most valuable soil in America and home to 50 million people today.