Prussia was briefly a power in central Europe before the Russian Empire razed berlin in the 7 Years War. This destruction of the baltic state meant Sweden was allowed Swedish Pomerania back (+a bit more) so long as Russia was allowed to use some of its ports. Sweden then went onto conquer Denmark-Norway and more properly integrate pomerania into their second empire, which itself went onto colonize places like Korea, Ceylon and some of indonesia (yoinked from the dutch while they helped Saxony later) and the Horn of Africa and some of the land north of the kongo.

Meanwhile central Europe, by which I mean the HRE, saw Saxony rise to prominence once more, going onto unite Germany, from Bavaria to the Netherlands, with help from Sweden, though they fell out because the new german state wanted some of Sweden's continental possessions, despite them not really being german anymore

But let's say Prussia survives the 7YW, how strong can we get it? Could it become a colonial great power, like Sweden did using its men and women? A land power that conquers the PLC?

Prussia was briefly a power in central Europe before the Russian Empire razed berlin in the 7 Years War. This destruction of the baltic state meant Sweden was allowed Swedish Pomerania back (+a bit more) so long as Russia was allowed to use some of its ports. Sweden then went onto conquer Denmark-Norway and more properly integrate pomerania into their second empire, which itself went onto colonize places like Korea, Ceylon and some of indonesia (yoinked from the dutch while they helped Saxony later) and the Horn of Africa and some of the land north of the kongo.

Meanwhile central Europe, by which I mean the HRE, saw Saxony rise to prominence once more, going onto unite Germany, from Bavaria to the Netherlands, with help from Sweden, though they fell out because the new german state wanted some of Sweden's continental possessions, despite them not really being german anymore

But let's say Prussia survives the 7YW, how strong can we get it? Could it become a colonial great power, like Sweden did using its men and women? A land power that conquers the PLC?

Prussia's defeat came from the loss of Silesia to the Austrians. Even after razing Berlin, Prussia could have survived if Austria did not get Silesia. Of course Empress Elizabeth did not want this at all and thus Prussia lost any chance of hegemony in Europe. Swedens biggest advantage was not pissing of Russia. They were successful. Population wise, Russia would overpower Sweden by the 1820s with ease.

Prussia won't become a Colonial Empire unless they also get the German Coast on the North Sea, which is problematic when Hannover rules the most.

Not really German anymore!? There remain significant German minorities in Pomerania to this day, with then being the majority into parts near the interior. The Scandinavian Union has tried to downplay this for generations now, even going so far as to try to claim that these Germans are a separate ethnicity due to their speaking a dialect of Low German which is more Conservative than the standard Derman speech, but if you ask the people themselves they will tell you that they're German and the vast majority want to eventually join the Kingdom of Germany.

I'm sorry, its just really insulting to claim that Pomerania "isn't really German anymore" and it plays into a long history of this community being treated as second class citizens within their own homes.

Anyway: I wonder if Prussia had survived if it could have been incorporated into the Kingdom of Germany founded by Saxony? If it manages to hold on to Pommerania and its other. Altic lands, and still expand to the East, we could have a multi-ethnic state which was German, Polish, Kashube and Baltic in character. Incorporating that would be a hard pill for any German Kingdom to swallow. Still, it would have been a fascinating state to say the least. And if it manages to beat back Russia it could definitely become the dominant power in the region - especially if it holds to its tradition of militarism.

I have to disagree with you there. Prussia was more the historical anomaly than a great power. Other big electorates, such as Bavaria and Saxony, also got integrated into the German Empire eventually. If it somehow managed to win, it'd be so bankrupt and exhausted that it would continue to limp on for a bit and shrink and collapse.

Not really German anymore!? There remain significant German minorities in Pomerania to this day, with then being the majority into parts near the interior. The Scandinavian Union has tried to downplay this for generations now, even going so far as to try to claim that these Germans are a separate ethnicity due to their speaking a dialect of Low German which is more Conservative than the standard Derman speech, but if you ask the people themselves they will tell you that they're German and the vast majority want to eventually join the Kingdom of Germany.

I'm sorry, its just really insulting to claim that Pomerania "isn't really German anymore" and it plays into a long history of this community being treated as second class citizens within their own homes.
There's a difference between germanic, which i agree the pomeranians are, and germans. Per even the kingdom of Germany's founding- Germany was a new form of Otto I's kingdom before the italian campaign. and is a kingdom of Saxons, High and Low Germans. By the time Germany united in the 1840s, Sweden's policy of homesteading the decimated Baltic coast had resulted in enough intermarriage that pomerania could barely be considered high german.

Sweden's policy did do horrid things but the facts remain.

There's a difference between germanic, which i agree the pomeranians are, and germans. Per even the kingdom of Germany's founding- Germany was a new form of Otto I's kingdom before the italian campaign. and is a kingdom of Saxons, High and Low Germans. By the time Germany united in the 1840s, Sweden's policy of homesteading the decimated Baltic coast had resulted in enough intermarriage that pomerania could barely be considered high german.

Sweden's policy did do horrid things but the facts remain.

Pommeranian Low German is part of a direct continuum with the Saxon Low German dialects. Yes, there has been sbstantial influence from Swedish over the years - how could there not be? - but that doesn't change the fact that is remains a German dialect. I'm not sure where you get this fixation on High German being spoken as a fundamental element of German identity from: modern Germany was founded by Saxony, a Low German speaking region and their dialect had a large influence on standardized german in the 19th century. Also, the German Lowlands certainly don't speak a variety of High German, and no one is questioning their Germaness.

The fact remains that sizable parts of Pommerania today still have large continjgents of German speakers, and as you move away from the coastline, they form the majority of some regions. Whether there was intermarriage in the past, or whether their langauge has been influenced by Swedish, doesn't really matter: they consider themselves to be German. The Swedes and the Scandinavian Union can play a whole host of tricks, trying to frame them as an entirely seperate ethnic community from the Germans, but that doesn't change that one fundamental fact.

I'm confused why you are buying the official line of the Scandinavian Union government with such gusto, when even the most cursory bit of research proves that line to be what it is: a politically motivated hackjob intent on minimizing the rights of these people in their own homes, in order to maintain political control of the region.

Lol, I read a self insert like this. Some guy named Bismark destroyed Austria in war, then turned around and thrashed France. He then united Germany with the King of Prussia being Emperor, colonized Africa, built a fleet to rival the British, and then then the second seven years war rolled around defeated Russia. It was quite the read.

In all reality, I could see a dual monarchy with Bavaria and Prussia sharing sovereignty of Germany. Britian would probably shift in their alliance with Prussia to France as a united Germany with no Sweden to counterbalance them could be a massive threat to their continental power balance foreign policy.