DBAHC: Keep The War Of 1914 Going Past Christmas

The Christmas War. The War of 1914. In some parts still, the great war. There are many names for the war that started because of Franz Ferdinand's assassination. But with the horrors of trench warfare breaking morale within a few weeks, there were mutinies on all sides around Christmas, with the entente and CP agreeing to draw up a ceasefire on December 27th, 1914. The deal saw the following terms
-German exits Belgium and returns Alcase-Lorraine to France
-however, they are allowed to connect their central African colonies via the northern half of the Kongo
-Both Germany and Russia would leave the ethnically polish parts of their empires
-Russia got more reparations than the other entente powers
-britain gets german south Africa
-Austria loses its adriatic coast to Italy

And I'm sure I'm forgetting more. Point being, there's a reason the Peace of Copenhagen was the modern Congress of Vienna

Grimbald

Monthly Donor
Why

Would Germany give up A-L when their troops are deep inside France?

Would Italy get anything?

Would any reparations be paid anyone?

Last edited:
The Christmas War. The War of 1914. In some parts still, the great war. There are many names for the war that started because of Franz Ferdinand's assassination. But with the horrors of trench warfare breaking morale within a few weeks, there were mutinies on all sides around Christmas, with the entente and CP agreeing to draw up a ceasefire on December 27th, 1914. The deal saw the following terms
-German exits Belgium and returns Alcase-Lorraine to France
-however, they are allowed to connect their central African colonies via the northern half of the Kongo
-Both Germany and Russia would leave the ethnically polish parts of their empires
-Russia got more reparations than the other entente powers
-britain gets german south Africa
-Austria loses its adriatic coast to Italy

And I'm sure I'm forgetting more. Point being, there's a reason the Peace of Copenhagen was the modern Congress of Vienna
If war basically a draw why Russian or German give up anything?