DBAHC: Create This British Empire

7-1919.jpg

Found a hilarious britwank. Anyway we could get something like it otl?

How do you expect this empire to remain British and still have all of India? The pole of power will move towards the latter because of its large population over time, this empire would no longer be "British". You can still imagine the British being interested in the Indian market but they were not interested in trading with Asia.

ooc: that map seems pretty inaccurate to OTL honestly. For some reason Gambia isn't fully coloured and neither is Tanganyika, Southwest Africa, Zanzibar or North Papua, despite including British gains in Cameroon and against the Ottoman Empire.

I highly doubt the British would be able to conquer the industrious Gurkani Empire of India, nor would the then Sultanate of Osmaniyye (now the Union of Afro-Eurasian Collectivist Republics), collapse to the point of losing the Suez Canal, Egypt and the Levant.

1) Have the Vikings or their Norman descendants conquer at least significant parts of Britain, leaving their powerful naval traditions behind. They only raided and abandoned permanent settlement after getting defeated by Alfred the Great and focused entirely on France, Iberia, Germany and Russia. This is why the states that emerged there became world powers, while Britain got for a time absorbed by the kingdom of Lordomania in the 16th century, and the Channel Islands are still ruled by Lordomania today. Without a powerful navy, Britain is simply nothing.

2) Unify all of Britain. Not very hard for the Anglo-Saxons, who had much of the southern half of Britain up to Northumbria, and made attempts into the Scottish and Pictish kingdoms of the north before the Vikings. Conquering Wales should also be plausible. After which I believe they should also conquer Ireland, just for good measure. The Britons need all the resources they can get.

3) Get as many continental allies as possible. The French managed to stave off and remain a rival to the Lordomanians, who managed to conquer the entirety of the Low Countries and Burgundy and even keep them to surround France, by allying with the Danes, Norwegians and Swedes as well as German counties and duchies opposed to Lordomanian hegemony. The Norwegians, for example, helped the French take over Sicily, and a Dano-Norwegian fleet destroyed the famous Lordomanian Armada sent to stop their support for the French.

4) Attack unaware peoples. In particular, make sure to take over their ports so as to become dominant over their seas. This is after all what the other European powers did with India, Sub-Saharan Africa, Oceania and the Americas. It's what the Norwegians did when they took over nearly half of Greenland in the 12th century, and later on taking the rest of Greenland and a significant portion of northern Canada in the 17th century to compete with France and Lordomania. The locals were not expecting an European sea invasion, and Europeans made sure to take over their ports and key coastal areas so as to force them to fight exclusively on land and not prevent further sea invasions.

I highly doubt the British would be able to conquer the industrious Gurkani Empire of India, nor would the then Sultanate of Osmaniyye (now the Union of Afro-Eurasian Collectivist Republics), collapse to the point of losing the Suez Canal, Egypt and the Levant.
Or compete with the French, who forged the largest maritime empire in world history.

What in the actual- who thought this map up? Like, some of this I can justify with some thought, but Egypt? The Maori? Fucking India?!

God, I hate the Rule Britannia types. Always going on and on about how Britannia Rules the Waves and how if you'd just change one little thing they'd have a global empire and- no. Stop. The French beat you. Repeatedly. Quit being salty about it.

What in the actual- who thought this map up? Like, some of this I can justify with some thought, but Egypt? The Maori? Fucking India?!
Or New Holland, for that matter. It was only natural the Dutch colonized the place considering they discovered it and controlled the nearest areas to it in the Dutch East Indies.

The only way I see this happening is for them to beat the French, but that would have been impossible.
Fixed. France had a way larger population, army, navy, economy. Not to mention after the Franco-Scottish Union, England essentially became a French vassal.

Femto

Banned
How do you expect this empire to remain British and still have all of India? The pole of power will move towards the latter because of its large population over time, this empire would no longer be "British". You can still imagine the British being interested in the Indian market but they were not interested in trading with Asia.
Who said the Indians would've a voice in anything? The rules are clear: "one maxim one vote".

God, I hate the Rule Britannia types. Always going on and on about how Britannia Rules the Waves and how if you'd just change one little thing they'd have a global empire and- no. Stop. The French beat you. Repeatedly. Quit being salty about it.
I mean Britain could have a lot going for it, but personally I never get why france always gets screwed in these ideas. Indochina and the Sahara desert an empire don't make
Fixed. France had a way larger population, army, navy, economy. Not to mention after the Franco-Scottish Union, England essentially became a French vassal.
I mean France also had a habit of pissing off good chunks of Europe. Yeah Charlemagne, Louis XIV, even General Bonaparte were all wildly successful during their runs, but one was over a thousand years before the next and him a century before the next. That's plenty of time for France to fuck up and piss off the Hapsburgs and Spain- hell even the ottomans, enabling England to scoop up some prizes.

Spain however, was staunchly pro France, especially during the Catholic Line and the Bourbons who succeeded them. The real challenge is a French king bad enough at his job to screw that up before the Colonial Revolutions

Which would have been easy to butterfly away without the fortunate royal marriage between a French Prince and a Scottish Princess which forged the modern world.
Regardless, the French and Scottish alliance rules Britain and Europe. I don't see how the English could beat both powers, conquer Scotland, then somehow conquer India? This could be theoretically possible if the English took the French throne in the Ten Years War, but then, why is France not part of this empire?