Dawn of the Dead (2004) 15 years after the outbreak...

State of the United States Navy, October 2019 - Part 3
Destroyers Designated Guided (Guided Missile Destroyers)
1581650559026.png

Sounds interesting. I really enjoyed the TV news report on the extras that was on the DVD.
Gives us an eye on how the zombie apocalypse occurred. The Andy's Lost Tape feature states the date outbreak began on May 7-8, 2004. Would like to see your ATL testimony.

I thought the extras were even better than the movie itself, they filled in a lot of gaps.

Always hoped Andy's little girl made it through ok...

The Infographics Show released this video of how Martial Law will be enacted in the U.S. during a zombie outbreak. Must have been like this in the first 24 hours of the zombie apocalypse in the film.

The Infographics Show released this video of how Martial Law will be enacted in the U.S. during a zombie outbreak. Must have been like this in the first 24 hours of the zombie apocalypse in the film.
Considering how fast the plague spread, I question how much or how far things could have actually been put in place.

I must agree with Resurgam, the situation is deteriorating at an insane pace. It would be difficult at best and all but impossible at worst to implement any long-term plans.

Considering how fast the plague spread, I question how much or how far things could have actually been put in place.
I must agree with Resurgam, the situation is deteriorating at an insane pace. It would be difficult at best and all but impossible at worst to implement any long-term plans.
It would be great if someone did a Netflix live action follow up of Dawn of the Dead. To see how other parts of the United States and the world is doing.

On the subject of Dawn of the Dead the American civilian population even with its armaments would still beat at a disadvantage. Being the film was released in 2004 the Assault Weapon Ban would still be in effect to a degree or just having been recently thrown out. Depending on when the events take place Americans would be limited largely to slower firing manually operated firearms. There would be no time to stockpile better efficient firearms to so much allow a limited civil defense or better odds for survivors. With Dawn’s fast moving zombies short of massed formations pump actions, revolvers, and bolt actions would not be enough. The movie even demonstrates the numbers disparity for the survivors. In comparison to the World War Z book which was released in 2008 America both in irl and in the context of the book’s narrative saw significant arms build up in the hands of American civilians in the form of various semi automatic firearms. The World War Z zombies are slow lumbering unintelligent creatures so those weapons would definitely allow for more survivors and more zombie casualties. Dawn’s zombies showed limited intelligence, an ability for stealth, the ability to climb, bouts of strength, and agility making a survivor long for semi auto firearms.

Last edited:
On the subject of Dawn of the Dead the American civilian population even with its armaments would still beat at a disadvantage. Being the film was released in 2004 the Assault Weapon Ban would still be in effect to a degree or just having been recently thrown out. Depending on when the events take place Americans would be limited largely to slower firing manually operated firearms. There would be no time to stockpile better efficient firearms to so much allow a limited civil defense or better odds for survivors. With Dawn’s fast moving zombies short of massed formations pump actions, revolvers, and bolt actions would not be enough. The movie even demonstrates the numbers disparity for the survivors. In comparison to the World War Z book which was released in 2008 America both in irl and in the context of the book’s narrative saw significant arms build up in the hands of American civilians in the form of various semi automatic firearms. The World War Z zombies are slow lumbering unintelligent creatures so those weapons would definitely allow for more survivors and more zombie casualties. Dawn’s zombies showed limited intelligence, an ability for stealth, the ability to climb, bouts of strength, and agility making a survivor long for semi auto firearms.
Good point. I always wondered the small arms the characters had was not enough.

I'm guessing places like Texas, Alabama, West Virginia, or any states full of guns will fare better.

Guns aren't the total solution as there's a finite amount of ammo. My ex-coworker has a lot of guns but is always complaining about the high cost of ammunition and the fact that it's frequently hard to obtain, especially in large quantities.

Guns aren't the total solution as there's a finite amount of ammo. My ex-coworker has a lot of guns but is always complaining about the high cost of ammunition and the fact that it's frequently hard to obtain, especially in large quantities.
Then there's the problem in the film where the characters were counting how much they have left. Not enough to keep the undead away for long.

Yeah, when you're outnumbered 400,000 to one (original DAY OF THE DEAD) just shooting them is no longer a practical option...

Yeah, when you're outnumbered 400,000 to one (original DAY OF THE DEAD) just shooting them is no longer a practical option...
The only way is to outlast them till they rot. That fanfiction "Biggest Fear" gave a more optimistic route where the fast zombies eventually become slow due to the rot and that there are nomadic survivors out there.

Agreed, but in DAY OF THE DEAD it was mentioned that whatever brought corpses back to life also slowed the decay process. It was going to be a decade or more before that happened.

IRL flies would be laying maggots in every corpse they could find which would eat away the dead flesh until the zombie literally fell apart. You'd be plagued by flies for a season but the zombies wouldn't even last that long. Not to mention gases building up until the zombie literally exploded.