Dawn of the Dead (2004) 15 years after the outbreak...

Never seen SURVIVAL, though I understand it has characters who appeared in DIARY. Is it all that bad?

I too would liked to have seen more of Tom Savini. IIRC the sheriff from the original NOTLD was locally famous which is why he got the cameo in the film...

Survival was terrible, just so terrible. Awful acting and writing, another cliched "humans are just as monstrous as zombies, so let the zombies keep walking " crap ending, and although it was fake, an unnecessarily graphic death of an animal.

Nigh on impossible to believe George Romero had anything to do with it.

Sorry to hear that, it's about the last one I need to see.

I wonder if DAY OF THE DEAD might get remade someday...

Ah yes the Modern civilization collapses because of a bunch of mindless undead who can move at walking speed who can only spread their infection via bite. How dumb do people think humans are

Ah yes the Modern civilization collapses because of a bunch of mindless undead who can move at walking speed who can only spread their infection via bite. How dumb do people think humans are
Most zombie media portrays however in the Dawn of the Dead remake, the zombies were fast runners that brought civilization to its knees in span of 24 hours.

Add complacency, disbelief, conspiracy theories ("the gubment is turning us into zombees!"), overconfidence, misplaced priorities, and general cock ups ("you go to war with the military you have, not the military you want") and this too plausible.

Like the stupid disease seen in the Draka series.

I mean, unless you can't or are desperate, surely after firing into the chest and limbs of a zombie with no effect, one would aim for the head?

Basic training in 2007 trained me to aim for center mass, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna keep emptying my magazines into their chest like the villain from A fistful of dollars.

Add complacency, disbelief, conspiracy theories ("the gubment is turning us into zombees!"), overconfidence, misplaced priorities, and general cock ups ("you go to war with the military you have, not the military you want") and this too plausible.

Like the stupid disease seen in the Draka series.

I mean, unless you can't or are desperate, surely after firing into the chest and limbs of a zombie with no effect, one would aim for the head?

Basic training in 2007 trained me to aim for center mass, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna keep emptying my magazines into their chest like the villain from A fistful of dollars.

It's difficult to aim for the head when they are a swarm fast-moving screaming zombies. Perhaps immobilizing the legs would be a great idea, reduce them crawlers but they would still persist.

True, but this is where the use of armored vehicles, snipers, drones, and precision air support can come in handy.

Withdraw all civilians and limit the use of dismounted troops, try to lure as many zeds as possible into kill zones, and unleash the best that a bloated runaway defense budget can offer.

Also film it at a safe distance and leak it to boost ratings, er morale.

True, but this is where the use of armored vehicles, snipers, drones, and precision air support can come in handy.

Withdraw all civilians and limit the use of dismounted troops, try to lure as many zeds as possible into kill zones, and unleash the best that a bloated runaway defense budget can offer.

Also film it at a safe distance and leak it to boost ratings, er morale.

I always wondered why armored vehicles and the mighty United States Air Force was not use in the film. Sure some bases could have overrun but other sites such as Whiteman AFB or Fairchild AFB may have had the chance to use the strategic bombers against highly infested cities.

I always wondered why armored vehicles and the mighty United States Air Force was not use in the film. Sure some bases could have overrun but other sites such as Whiteman AFB or Fairchild AFB may have had the chance to use the strategic bombers against highly infested cities.

Same.

I was listening to Audible adaptation of WWZ while landscaping and got to the Todd wainio part about Yonkers.

I wouldn't be surprised some idiot in the civilian chain of command or a MacArthur type general tried to pull a Yonkers in new dawn (I thought it was a shorter way of saying dawn of the dead remake, but I do slightly cringe because it reminds me of twilight) and failed horrifically.

On the other hand, due to the zeds turning quicker and running, perhaps the threat was taken more seriously and attempts where made to withdraw and contain the undead?

We saw that fort pastor was taking in civilians, many of whom were wounded and infected. Depending on elements like patient zero in CONUS, detection, and etc., it may be hours or days before it is officially known that infection leads to death and rapid reanimation. This is unlike twd or the Romero movies, so while casualties will be worse at the beginning, people will be able to get a idea of what to do sooner.

However, what can the military and the government do and what they can legally do may be different for a moment of time.

I need to research more on the posse comitatus act, but I can see reactions being stymied by the legal process.

Furthermore, there is an extra burden on the soldiers, marines, etc. and their immediate superiors.

If your nco or leader tells you to fire but you don't see an immediate threat, what do you do? You can ask for confirmation of the order, but other than following through or refusing what you believe an unlawful order, what can you do?

I was listening to Audible adaptation of WWZ while landscaping and got to the Todd wainio part about Yonkers.

Yonkers is complete and utter bullshit

If your nco or leader tells you to fire but you don't see an immediate threat, what do you do? You can ask for confirmation of the order, but other than following through or refusing what you believe an unlawful order, what can you do?

You shoot. From what I heard the easy part is pulling the trigger that's muscle memory the hard part is finding out what you did afterwards

I saw his live show at Fordham in 2008. Really funny guy - and nice when I spoke to him at the signing. Even got him to laugh.

Max Brooks even with a few flaws in his novels really knocks some sense into the zombie genre. He emphasises why we can't Rambo our way in a zombie apocalypse with an automatic weapons and survival gear if we are just wannabe survivalist who got our training from games. DOTD remake perfectly showed it since our characters never had access to automatic weapons.