Dawn of the Dead (2004) 15 years after the outbreak...

Guam is doomed because almost everything is imported, especially food. I was born there and lived there in the mid-70's (when people ask what the hell is wrong with me I just tell them "puberty on Guam").

Unlike Hawaii there is no fishing fleet and very little local farming. No cattle, only a few water oxen and a handful of wild pigs/goats. Mom tried to grow tomatoes and corn, heavy rains smashed the plants just before they were ready to harvest and almost everything was lost.

Guam is home to B-52s, B-2s, and a submarine base. The island also serves to protect the Marianas but you guys will have to deal with refugees coming from Oceania and the Philippines.

Most of which will be useless once fuel, supplies and spare parts stop coming.

For a TERMINATOR thread I mentioned three tac-nukes would do the job: Anderson AFB on the north side of the island (takes out all aircraft, runways, fuel and support facilities), one on the Naval Base on the south side of the island (takes out the base, support facilities and any ships there) and one on the International Airport @ Agana (takes out all aircraft, runways, fuel and support facilities plus the Naval Air Station is there as well). Any private aircraft can't get outside the Marianas and most privately-owned ships would have difficulty making it to Hawaii or the Philippines, much less any further...

Most of which will be useless once fuel, supplies and spare parts stop coming.

For a TERMINATOR thread I mentioned three tac-nukes would do the job: Anderson AFB on the north side of the island (takes out all aircraft, runways, fuel and support facilities), one on the Naval Base on the south side of the island (takes out the base, support facilities and any ships there) and one on the International Airport @ Agana (takes out all aircraft, runways, fuel and support facilities plus the Naval Air Station is there as well). Any private aircraft can't get outside the Marianas and most privately-owned ships would have difficulty making it to Hawaii or the Philippines, much less any further...

Except the U.S. did not use their nukes against the zombies. It was only mentioned Russia or China did use their nukes, but nothing is implied because the zombie virus swept the globe in 24 hours. Not saying the Pacific got scot free but it is the best hope. Best thing Guam and the Marianas can do is to self-sustain if there are no zombies yet. I would see U.S. Forces from Korea and Japan evacuate there and maintain contact with the Philippines (nearest ally, assuming not overrun with zombies) or Australia or to the free agreement states of Palau, Marshall Islands (Kwajalein Atoll has the Ronald Reagan Missile Testing Site of the USAF), and Micronesia since the Navy, USAF, Marines, and even some Army and CG have a presence here.

Agreed, no nukes used. But Guam can't self-sustain let alone take in survivors, and without massive amounts of food and supplies there will be mass starvation. And I don't see such help coming anytime soon...

Agreed, no nukes used. But Guam can't self-sustain let alone take in survivors, and without massive amounts of food and supplies there will be mass starvation. And I don't see such help coming anytime soon...

So could the same be said for Palau, Micronesia, and the Marshall Islands which are totally dependent on the USA?

Definitely. Even Hawaii which grows pineapple and sugar cane would have trouble being self-supporting, much less now having to deal with no imports of any kind coupled with a huge influx of refugees carrying nothing more than the clothes on their backs...

Hawaii would probably be like WWZ in the Dawn of the Dead, assuming it does not get overrun quick. But given the fact it is the home of the U.S. Pacific Fleet along with lots of military bases, clearing of the islands would be easier.

map-of-hawaii-military-bases-2.gif

map.oahu.gif

map-of-hawaii-military-bases-1.jpg

We Interrupt This Program

The iconic special news report of a Channel 3 News, a midwestern U.S. news network, that first broke out the news of the outbreak on the night of May 6th, 2004 all the way up to hour 26 of the outbreak on May 7th, 2004. The reporter David Barrows has been lauded a hero by the survivors of the outbreak roughly a decade later for his decision to stay on air despite the increasing amounts of "reanimates" on the streets. Barrows was last seen tearfully exiting the station telling his wife and kids that he was coming home and they would be leaving to a refugee camp. As of June 2019, fate of Barrows along with his family remains unknown though it is very likely he was killed. A copy of this news report, along with Andy's Lost Tape, now exists in the Museum of the Outbreak Survivors in a rebuilt Washington, D.C.

For an extra feature that news report always frightened me badly, even more than the film itself.

The DVD I have does not mention the actors name, but I swear that's Richard Briggs from BABYLON 5 and BAYBLON 5: CRUSADE...

Only a voice, so that's why I don't remember him.

I really need to drag out my DVD and watch it again, even though I won't be able to sleep well afterwards...

For an extra feature that news report always frightened me badly, even more than the film itself.

The DVD I have does not mention the actors name, but I swear that's Richard Briggs from BABYLON 5 and BAYBLON 5: CRUSADE...

Yep, We Interrupt This Program is a masterpiece. They basically did in 20 minutes what most zombie films/series including Resident Evil: Extinction and Fear the Walking Dead failed to deliver what fans always asked: the fall of civilization.

It was Brigg's last role before he passed away in OTL May 2004.

Bruce Boxlietner is in this as well? Where, I don't remember seeing him...
Yep, Bruce Boxlietner is the POTUS but is uncredited. He would later be the voice for Major John Konrad in Spec Ops: The Line.

Also unccredited is Scott Reitz, the PMC shown in the video intruction how to kill a Romeo Lima Foxtrot (code for "Reanimated Life Form"). Reitz in IRL is a PMC instructor and a consultant for many action movies.

Yep, We Interrupt This Program is a masterpiece. They basically did in 20 minutes what most zombie films/series including Resident Evil: Extinction and Fear the Walking Dead failed to deliver what fans always asked: the fall of civilization.

It was Brigg's last role before he passed away in OTL May 2004.

Yep, Bruce Boxlietner is the POTUS but is uncredited. He would later be the voice for Major John Konrad in Spec Ops: The Line.

Also unccredited is Scott Reitz, the PMC shown in the video intruction how to kill a Romeo Lima Foxtrot (code for "Reanimated Life Form"). Reitz in IRL is a PMC instructor and a consultant for many action movies.

I thought the pmc instructor looked familiar.

I also would have loved to seen more of Tom savini as the sheriff.

Maybe have him be protagonist of a spinoff from new Dawn. Couldn't be worse than Survival of the dead.

Never seen SURVIVAL, though I understand it has characters who appeared in DIARY. Is it all that bad?

I too would liked to have seen more of Tom Savini. IIRC the sheriff from the original NOTLD was locally famous which is why he got the cameo in the film...

Never seen SURVIVAL, though I understand it has characters who appeared in DIARY. Is it all that bad?

I too would liked to have seen more of Tom Savini. IIRC the sheriff from the original NOTLD was locally famous which is why he got the cameo in the film...

The Sheriff and his armed militia would make a good fanfiction side story for Dawn of the Dead (2004). I hope they survived. I could see the decay affect the zombies' mobility, hence why in a few months from May 2004, they would be reduced to shamblers than the runners.

I wonder if he was supposed to be another fictional potus or someone in the line of succession after an otl potus dies...

He was a fictional POTUS, most likely filling in the role of George W. Bush in the Dawn of the Dead timeline. Another POD - though minor - is probably George W. Bush never ran for President in 2000, and this POTUS took his role (i.e. similar to Thomas Whitemore takes the place Bill Clinton in the Independence Day universe). His exploits could even be the same: Defeats Gore in 2000, 9/11 happens, War on Terror, Invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq, etc.