Dawn of the Dead (2004) 15 years after the outbreak...

Speaking of the original Night of the Living Dead, it would be cool to see how the world went from the situation at the end, where roving militias seemed to be clearing out the undead, to the original Dawn of the Dead, where society is coming apart at the seams. I know people can be stupid and panicky, but you'd think the military could deal with the slow, mindless zombies.
I guess if they protect vital infraestructure, and resources, they cand last more tim

I would put a lot of blame on fake news. Remember two things from DOTD:

1) The two talking heads arguing about just how serious the crisis was.
2) The list of rescue stations being badly out of date, with some of them known to have been overrun.

Bad or incorrect information, not misinforming propaganda.
The deliberate posting of rescue stations known to be overrun will lead to many deaths that could have been avoided. This is NO accident as the Station Manager told the operative to keep showing the list to avoid losing viewers, despite the information being knowingly outdated. Being this was intentional makes me say propaganda.

The deliberate posting of rescue stations known to be overrun will lead to many deaths that could have been avoided. This is NO accident as the Station Manager told the operative to keep showing the list to avoid losing viewers, despite the information being knowingly outdated. Being this was intentional makes me say propaganda.
Are we talking the original or the remake? Been years since I saw the original DOTD, but I definitely don't remember that in the remake.

It was the original which started in a TV Studio. In the remake the mall guards watched a lot of news while the gang was jailed. IIRC they argued about just how much of it was real.

The original is on YouTube if you want to see it. I did and it's still giving me nightmares...

Perhaps in 2020, the surviving communities would probably look like the Alexandria Safe Zone, Hill Top Colony, The Kingdom, and the Commonwealth (below) from the Walking Dead comics
Issue_176_Street.jpg