Darganfod Tir Saint Brendan: The Voyage of Madoc Successful

Eparkhos

Banned
Hmmm, makes more sense given the route you said Madoc took. Good geographic spot as well for a kingdom. How will the natives fare? I’d imagine the Welsh aren’t in great enough of a number to swamp them.

We don't have very good records of the natives in the area before the 1700s, but the natives that lived in the area at the time had mostly been pushed south in the 1600s due to the waves of migration spurred by the Haudenosaunee. I've already mentioned two of the three tribes that lived their at that time.

Eparkhos

Banned
As another clue, the waters off of Tir Tegid were the sight of one of the 18 nuclear accidents in the United States before 1960.

As another clue, the waters off of Tir Tegid were the sight of one of the 18 nuclear accidents in the United States before 1960.

*checks Wikipedia articles, finds contender*

qjrE4yyfw5pEPvDbJDzhdNXM7mjt1tbr2kM3X28F6SraZgaV54iS2kmazeYWU6PgzMWLNV5N6FSb4XuGEMWHt2EGpjfWaJMuVNqTZ8gqvkje8WPKMciBj56e

No. Madoc just wants a place where he can live in peace away from the chaos in Gwynedd. His lieutenant Rhys is the one really running the show. And I don't think it's spoiling too much to say that Madoc dies of malaria in 1176. Rhys ap Cadwallon ap Gruffydd is Madoc's first cousin, and as such proclaims himself King of Brindonia after Madoc's death.
Is he really a king if he only rules a spit of land about the size of a cantref?

Eparkhos

Banned
For those of you who can't find the Wikipedia page, the nuclear accident narrows it down to:
  • Calcasieu Lake, Louisiana
  • Sabine Lake, Texas
  • St. John's River, Florida
  • Indian River, Florida
  • Wassaw Sound, Georgia

Is the King of Vatican City really a King if he literally rules a single district.
Arguably he rules the entirety of the catholic church, and historically he ruled more. Neither is the case for Rhys or Madoc here tbh, but i guess given their remoteness it doesn't really matter

rugby is the inferior footballl...both football in both side the pound

Heretic!!!!! Heathen!!!! I'm an American and a lifelong fan of Soccer, but Rugby is the superior form of Football!! (Though Gaelic Football is sweet too, and I really want to watch/learn more about it!)

Now, back on topic: i really, really love thia timeline so far! In my own timeline I'm working on, there are some alternative colonization/settlement threads going - and i find timelines like this is be such good inspirations.

Keep up the great work!

Eparkhos

Banned
Heretic!!!!! Heathen!!!! I'm an American and a lifelong fan of Soccer, but Rugby is the superior form of Football!! (Though Gaelic Football is sweet too, and I really want to watch/learn more about it!)

Now, back on topic: i really, really love thia timeline so far! In my own timeline I'm working on, there are some alternative colonization/settlement threads going - and i find timelines like this is be such good inspirations.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! I hope your alternate colonization TL goes well!

Heretic!!!!! Heathen!!!! I'm an American and a lifelong fan of Soccer, but Rugby is the superior form of Football!! (Though Gaelic Football is sweet too, and I really want to watch/learn more about it!
Is not, is boring and without all the exicetemnt either football. My family have association runiing in their veins. plus both are inferior to baseball anyway

Thanks! I hope your alternate colonization TL goes well!

Thanks! Its my Gothic Empire timeline in my Sig - colonization isn't the main focus, and no one has gotten to the New World (yet), but the Irish are happily raiding and trading their way throughout the West in a mini-Viking Age of sorts, and are going to be establishing two major settlements; one in southern Spain and another in virgin territory to the North :)