Cyma Zarghami never becomes president of Nickelodeon

If you heard of Nickelodeon, you probably heard of the former president of the network, Cyma Zarghami. You may have also heard of some of the "questionable" things she has done for the company. Because of this (As well as the new information that rose up after her recent resigning), she has become quite the controversial figurehead in the Television community. So it begs the question: "What if she never became president of Nickelodeon?" Who would take her place and how would the network function under said replacement?

I am not as familiar with her impact as I am Herb Scannell's time. Give us a few examples of poor choices and controversy?

The main problem is that most of this board isn't familiar with the rise and fall of Nickelodeon as a channel, or even watch the channel, so responses are going to take a bit.

Basically, Nickelodeon went from being the "fun kids channel" to being Yet Another Corporate Entity, focused more on safe profit and short term gain rather than experimentation and entertainment. They focused on live action shows (which were rather bland) at the expense of shows like Rugrats and All Grown Up. Kids' entertainment has been hyper-focused on Spongebob Squarepants, effectively turning a once-fun show into a soulless grind of animation and cheap amusement value. Stuff that defined Nickelodeon like Double Dare and Avatar would no longer be made.

My problem is, I don't know anything about Ms. Zarghami's influence or her role in all this. I just know the general direction the channel took, going from innovative kids' entertainment channel to a dry, flavorless corporate enterprise. "They sold out, man", is pretty much the limit of my knowledge.

I am not as familiar with her impact as I am Herb Scannell's time. Give us a few examples of poor choices and controversy?

The main problem is that most of this board isn't familiar with the rise and fall of Nickelodeon as a channel, or even watch the channel, so responses are going to take a bit.

Basically, Nickelodeon went from being the "fun kids channel" to being Yet Another Corporate Entity, focused more on safe profit and short term gain rather than experimentation and entertainment. They focused on live action shows (which were rather bland) at the expense of shows like Rugrats and All Grown Up. Kids' entertainment has been hyper-focused on Spongebob Squarepants, effectively turning a once-fun show into a soulless grind of animation and cheap amusement value. Stuff that defined Nickelodeon like Double Dare and Avatar would no longer be made.

My problem is, I don't know anything about Ms. Zarghami's influence or her role in all this. I just know the general direction the channel took, going from innovative kids' entertainment channel to a dry, flavorless corporate enterprise. "They sold out, man", is pretty much the limit of my knowledge.
Well, it could be argued that so much (not all) of the corporate related events of the channel was under Zarghami's influence which would cause the channel's downgrade in quality. It was also revealed fairly recently that many Employees and content creators have been screwed over by Zarghami's decision making which would be seen as selfish, to the point of even blacklisting some of them.