Custer's Luck

I found this book on the bargain table at the book store, and decided to give it a chance. It has Custer surviving Little Bighorn and becoming president in 1880. His presidency parallels Kennedy's Camelot in many ways. The book is fraught with grammatical errors, but is still a pretty good read. Has anyone else read this? If not, I recomend it.

**SPOILERS**

I think the time span is a couple of years. Without giving too much away, let's just say that there are a LOT of parallels to JFK.

Does he get shot while riding in an open carriage by a guy with a telescopic rifle, or the period equivalent, from a building? Are there all sorts of conspiracy theories surrounding his death? Does he lead a bungled invasion of country that was thought up by his predeccesor? Finally, are there any Great Power confrontations similar to those of the Cuban Missile Crisis?

Romulus Augustulus said:
Does he get shot while riding in an open carriage by a guy with a telescopic rifle, or the period equivalent, from a building? Are there all sorts of conspiracy theories surrounding his death? Does he lead a bungled invasion of country that was thought up by his predeccesor? Finally, are there any Great Power confrontations similar to those of the Cuban Missile Crisis?

**SPOILERS**

Yes, he's shot by an "Indian" in San Antonio with a Winchester '73 who is avenging the death of his wife at Little Bighorn

The book ends with his death.

Right before his death, he secretly works to incite a rebellion in Panama, and stages an attack on a cruiser in Havanna harbor so that Congress will be convinced to declare war on Spain. I don't like the fact that that story line is just left open.