Crusader Kings III

A game I converted from Imperator. I was Atropatene and a friend was Maurya. Thessalonika is supposed to be Thrace, and Persian Empire is actually the Seleucids.

FhNGRs5.png

Religions are pretty spot-on.

YA7E3E2.png

Cultures are a bit weird though, Mede got converted into Kurdish, and Maghada into Nepalese. And the Roman Emperors became Italian somehow.

RGYhbiK.png

I decided to restart my Persian run through with custom characters. Here is Dariush and Zohreh

unknown.png

and here is their eldest son and his sister wife

unknown.png

And here is an in progress family tree that has a few errors at the moment

unknown.png

Curious should Zoroastrianism favor incest? I am not sure if that is historical or not.
Incest was certainly why the religion became a meme in CK2...

A quick check I did though does seem to indicate Zoroastrians could practice incest and were very endogamous. Mainly had to do with the fact there is a strong ties to ethnicy, so marrying a non-Zoroastrian could lead to you being no longer considered part of the community.

That said, that's basically me doing a quick look on the net. I'd personnally ask the question on the board to our experts in Persian history and Zoroastrianism.

Curious should Zoroastrianism favor incest? I am not sure if that is historical or not.

that said cool family trees @Sevarics

Incest was certainly why the religion became a meme in CK2...

A quick check I did though does seem to indicate Zoroastrians could practice incest and were very endogamous. Mainly had to do with the fact there is a strong ties to ethnicy, so marrying a non-Zoroastrian could lead to you being no longer considered part of the community.

That said, that's basically me doing a quick look on the net. I'd personnally ask the question on the board to our experts in Persian history and Zoroastrianism.

As far as I know, it is based off of this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xwedodah

So, if you've been active in the community, you've probably already heard about this, but I'll post about it here anyways.

Recently, a mod was released for CK3 and Mount and Blade Bannerlord called Crusader Blade. What it does is it essentially makes you able to actively participate and lead battles you fight in CK3 by using a special gateway that allows Bannerlord to receive parameters of said battle from CK3, which it then uses those parameters to create a map and simulate the battle itself, allowing you the player to play as your commander and actively lead your side in it. It has only just been released, meaning it's still in early development, but I must say that I'm already impressed and think this project has very high potential.

Here's the link to it Itch.io page, you also need both Bannerlord and CK3 to use it (obviously): https://crusaderblade.itch.io/crusaderblade

Dev Diary 87 came out yesterday. Should be the penultimate one before Royal Court is released.

As per tradition, it's mostly modding stuff, detailing all the stuff they've added to make modding theorically simpler, including the new tools they've created.

The biggest talking point however is probably that the game now has official support for same-sex marriage. And not just from a modding perspective: paradox is adding a set of game rules to allow players and the AI to practice it in the base game. If I get this right, there are settings to keep it same-sex marriage inexistant as it is in the game currently, to allow it for faiths who no longer criminialize homosexuality only or to authorize it for everybody.

Feel like they should also have added a special marriage doctrine as well because marriage and filiation were heavily linked in ancient and medieval societies, even when they tolerated homosexuality. But it will probably be easy for modders to work around that. And as is the game rule seems pretty effective for those who want to play pure fantasy and those looking to play as historically as possible.

I'm very happy that we can mod the game to have Ducal Courts, and not only Royal Court. It always seemed like a mistake to restrict this feature to kingdoms and above to me.

DLC was completely overpriced,long overdue for what little things that were delivered.Luckily?I got the Royal edition.The royal court itself was inconsequential and frankly very underwhelming considering the amount of resources paradox spent on it.The palace looked rather tiny even if you play as an emperor from the ERE.The petitions were kinda boring and repetitive.Culture was the only thing it did good.

I have been liking what I have played so far with the royal court. That said my focus has been on updating my mod, Dharmachakra, to 1.5. Its coming along nicely, and I have some new features(basic Caste System) but still with the changes vanilla brought to India and culture over all will take some time still hopefully it will be out soon enough. :)

Here's what I have been doing from my game as Harald "Fairhair;"

1st January

The World Celebrates Year’s Day, Commemorating the First Day of the Year in the Julian Calendar.

In the Chiefdom of Vestfold, Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” chooses to Focus on Control of his Realm, Honourable Conduct, and the Strategies that will Win him his Wars.

7th January
In the Chiefdom of Vestfold, Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” Declares War against Chieftain Erik of Hordaland over Disputed Titles and Orders his Levies to be Raised at their nearest Rally Point.

9th January
In the Chiefdom of Vestfold, once they have Gathered at their Rally Point, the 1st Army of Tunsberg ~ Men under the Personal Command of Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” ~ are Ordered by Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” to March from Tunsberg to the of Rygjarbit, of .

25th January
In the Chiefdom of Vestfold, the 1st Army of Tunsberg ~ 1,049 Men under the Personal Command of Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” ~ are Ordered by Harald “Fairhair” to March from the of Rygjarbit, , to the Tribe of Prymlingar, .

8th February
In the Chiefdom of , the Vestfoldian 1st Army of Tunsberg ~ 1,049 Men under the Personal Command of Harald “Fairhair” ~ are Ordered by Harald “Fairhair” to March from the of Prymlingar, , to the Tribe of Hvínisdalr.

In the of , the Vestfoldian 1st Raiders of Prymlingar ~ 718 Men under the Personal Command of Kjotve “the Rich” ~ are Ordered by Kjotve “the Rich” to March from the of Prymlingar, , into the of Rygjarbit, of .

27th February
In the Chiefdom of , the 1st Army of Tunsberg ~ 1,049 Men under the Personal Command of Harald “Fairhair” ~ are Ordered by Harald “Fairhair” to March from the of Hvínisdalr, , to the of Veggir, .

16th March
In the of , the 1st Army of Tunsberg ~ 1,049 Men under the Personal Command of Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” ~ are Ordered by Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” to March from the of Veggir, , into the Barony of Rykgjarfylki.

31st March
In the of , the 1st Raiders of Prymlingar ~ 718 Men under the Personal Command of Kjotve “the Rich” ~ are Ordered by Kjotve “the Rich” to Board a Fleet ~

4th April
In the of Hordaland, the Vestfoldian 1st Army of Tunsberg ~ 1,049 Men under the Personal Command of Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” ~ are by Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” to March from the Barony of Rykgjarfylki, of , into the Barony of Sunnhordland, of .

In the of Hordaland, the Vestfoldian 1st Army of Tunsberg ~ 1,049 Men under the Command of Harald “Fairhair” ~ are Ordered by Harald “Fairhair” to March from the Barony of Sunnhordland into the of .

28th April
In the Chiefdom of Hordaland, the Vestfoldian 1st Army of Tunsberg ~ 1,049 Men under the Personal Command of Harald “Fairhair” ~ are Ordered by Harald “Fairhair” to March from the Barony of Sunnhordland into the Barony of Hardanger.

24th May
In the Chiefdom of Sogn, the 1st Raiders of Niðaróss ~ 654 Men under the of Hrolfr de ~ are Ordered by Hrolfr de to Disembark from a Fleet ~ Ships and Men under the Command of ~ in the , of .

1st June
In the of Hordaland , the Vestfoldian 1st Army of Tunsberg ~ 1,049 Men under the Personal Command of Harald “Fairhair” ~ are Ordered by Harald “Fairhair” to March from the Barony of Hardanger into the Barony of Vörs.

7th June
In the Chiefdom of Sogn, the 1st Raiders of Niðarós ~ 654 Men under the Command of Hrólfr de ~ Arrive in the Tribe of Lusakaupangr and begin to Raid the Land Surrounding the Capital of

22nd June
In the Chiefdom of Hordaland, the Vestfoldian 1st Army of Tunsberg ~ 1,049 Men under the Personal Command of Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” ~ are Ordered by Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” to March from the Barony of Vörs into the of Nordhordland, of .

22nd July
In the of Hordaland, the Vestfoldian 1st Army of Tunsberg ~ 1,049 Men under the Personal Command of Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” ~ are Ordered by Harald “Fairhair” to March from the of Nordhordland into the Tribe of Björgyn, which is Guarded by the Hordalandic 1st Army of ~ 614 Men under the Command of Marshal Rikulfr.

31st June
In the of Hordaland, the Vestfoldian 1st Army of Tunsberg ~ 1,049 Men under the Personal Command of Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” are Ordered by Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” to Engage the 1st Army of Björgyn ~ 614 Men under the Command of Marshal Rikulfr. During the Battle, of the 1st Army of Tunsberg, 134 Men are Killed while, of the 1st Army of Björgyn, 199 Men are cut down as they try to Escape, and Marshal Rikulfr is Wounded.

In the of , having Pillaged as much as they can from the of Lusakaupangr, the 1st Raiders of Niðarós ~ 644 Men under the Command of Hrolf de Normandie ~ are Ordered by to March from the of Lusakaupangr into the of .

5th September
In the of Hordaland, the Vestfoldian 1st Army of Tunsberg Surrounds and lays Siege to the Capital City, Björgyn. The 1st Army of Björgyn Retreats from the of Björgyn into the of Sunnhordland.

23rd September
In the of Hordaland, the 1st Army of Björgyn ~ now 415 Men under the Command of Hólmgeirr ~ are Ordered by Chieftain Erikr of Hordaland to March from the of Sunnhordland into the of Harðangr.

4th October
In the of Hordaland, the Garrison of the Hordalandic Capital of Björgyn, of Björgyn, which is being Besieged by the 1st Army of Tunsberg, is starting to Run low on Food.

24th October
In the of Hordaland, the 1st Army of Björgyn ~ 445 Men under the Command of ~ are Ordered by Erikr of to March from the of Sunnhordland into the of Björgyn.

4th November
In the Chiefdom of Hordaland, the Hordalandic 1st Army of Björgyn ~ 475 Men under the Command of ~ are Ordered by Chieftain Eríkr of Hordaland to Engage the 1st Army of ~ 897 Men under the Personal Command of Chieftain Harald “Fairhair” who are laying Siege to the Hordalandic Capital of Björgyn. During the Battle, of the 1st Army of , 95 Men are Killed, while, of the 1st Army of Björgyn, 159 Men are Slain as they try to Escape.

7th December
In the Chiefdom of Hordaland, the Hordalandic 1st Army of Björgyn ~ now 315 Men under the Command of ~ Retreat from Björgyn into the of Sunnhordland.

25th December
The Christian Nations of the World Celebrate Christmas Day, Commemorating the Birth of Jesus Christ [also Called “Yeshua” in the Denominations] on 25th December 1 A.D.

In the Chiefdom of , the 1st Army of Björgyn ~ 315 Men under the Command of ~ are Ordered by Chief Eríkr of to March from the of Harðangr into the of Sunnhordland.

26th December
In the of , some of the Defenders of the Capital Björgyn, which is being Besieged by the 1st Army of ~ now Men under the Personal Command of Harald “Fairhair” ~ Desert their Posts.

31st December
The World Celebrates Year's Eve, Commemorating the Final Day of the Year in the Julian Calendar.