Crusader Kings III

I've been playing the game for a bit, and I hope they reintroduce being able to control what members of your dynasty name the kids, because while you can name the kids of your character, you can't control the grandkids, and some of the names have been... Well. Not ones that I like.

And in making your own religion, I'd like to able to pick at least one custom holy site for the new religion, because while a lot of the religions have interesting doctrines, they don't always have holy sites that are close enough to your realm to take them in war and consecrate your dynasty.

I've been playing the game for a bit, and I hope they reintroduce being able to control what members of your dynasty name the kids, because while you can name the kids of your character, you can't control the grandkids, and some of the names have been... Well. Not ones that I like.

And in making your own religion, I'd like to able to pick at least one custom holy site for the new religion, because while a lot of the religions have interesting doctrines, they don't always have holy sites that are close enough to your realm to take them in war and consecrate your dynasty.
That and the lack of later start dates are the main causes of why I'm mainly playing CK2 for now. I know I'm in the minority here, but I enjoy the later starts dates WAY more than the super early ones.

I tried the game and started the turtorial, then saved and did other stuff and then went back to the saved turtorial, but i did not find any leads of what to do all of a sudden.

Also, why do you need a magnifying glas to be able to see the text?

Should inheritance laws be changed in your opinion?

That's a big problem with 867 starting date - all countries except Byzantium have some kind of partition. Since Byzantium is the only country that does not lose land upon ruler's death, they end up becoming a juggernaut in 8 out of 10 games or more.

Also I am playing as abbasids and by year 1000 I managed to create a stable state from Egypt to most of Iran. Byzantium has conuered significant parts of North Africa. India on the other hand is divided. Now I have two strategies - either attack Byzantium and chip it bit by bit or head towards India and conquer the divided continent. What would you do?

Last edited:

That's a big problem with 867 starting date - all countries except Byzantium have some kind of partition. Since Byzantium is the only country that does not lose land upon ruler's death, they end up becoming a juggernaut in 8 out of 10 games or more.

Also I am playing as abbasids and by year 1000 I managed to create a stable state from Egypt to most of Iran. Byzantium has conuered significant parts of North Africa. India on the other hand is divided. Now I have two strategies - either attack Byzantium and chip it bit by bit or head towards India and conquer the divided continent. What would you do?
Yes. Partition and Confederate Partition make sense for Western and to a degree Eastern Europe. However once you leave there and go into the Byzantine Empire, the Islamic World, and India it does not make much sense. So there should be other succession types.

The Byzantines for example should have an imperial elector succession, where the eldest son succeeds if he has the confidence of the nobility but there still would be a chance for pretenders, a lot more pretenders vying for the throne of Byzantium. The internal politics of the Byzantines should be what limits them.

I think a similar imperial bureaucracy system should be for the Caliphate and Some Indian Kingdoms and empires, not all. Mainly I am thinking of the Pala Empire here.

You know, I wouldn't mind seeing mods for Paradox games based off timelines on these forums. I think a "Lands of Red and Gold" mod for CK3 or IR could be very interesting.

YES, the partition successions have basically made the game completely unplayable without cheating. I have to save-scum the crap out of the revolts after the death of the monarch and his now weaker heir every single time just to get the damn land back.

Anyone annoyed with Crusades?

They are rally annoyiong. As an Abbasid Caliph ruling land from Libya to Afghanistan I have to fight off the Pope's army of doom every 5 years... amd several years doing that instead of concentrating on more fun stuff.

Seriously, didn't they get tired after failing like 10 times?

The entire system is so messed up that the game would be better without it

What are your thoughts on an Ancient mod for Ck3?

Would you welcome it?

I'd be worried for mechanics. The mechanics was obviously designed to simulate European politics in period 900-1500 approx, dunno whether it could be stretched enough to simulate the Ancient World.

Would you welcome it?

I'd be worried for mechanics. The mechanics was obviously designed to simulate European politics in period 900-1500 approx, dunno whether it could be stretched enough to simulate the Ancient World.
I would welcome it, especially if it covered the collapse of Rome.

Would you welcome it?

I've seen at least one Bronze Age mod.

Me too but I thought about Iron Age Antiquity

I am not sure how the system with various tiers of hereditary vassals could be changed to work with say, Rome. Republican system is not even in this game yet.

I know. But I:R is not as good as CK3. It had a fraction of CK3's budget and dev team. IIRC Imperator dev team was no larger than 20 people, CK3 team had 8 people just for writing events.

Venditg

Banned
Does anyone know if the converter from crusader Kings iii to Europa universalis 4 is already functioning?