Crusader Kings III

Tribal Realms are basically unplayable leaving the novel feature of faith reformation 50% uselessness: you won't be able to reforme pagan religions which are most interesting to reform.
I didn't play CKII but as a historical simulator it interested me: If I remember correctly you could have Feudal organization irrespective of tech/innovation level. One of the ways being reformation of a pagan religion which would allow for raising of Crown Authority level!
Is that gone?

Last edited:
As someone who doesn't play Paradox games, and will never, ever, ever play Crusader Kings*, I have two questions:

1) Has anyone managed to marry their horse yet?
2) How bonkers has your game gotten with combinations of culture, nation and religion?

*I can't stand even watching CK2 let's plays on youtube, at least not without skipping about 70% of each video. The game is sooooooo micro-heavy and tedium-inducing. Although Victoria 2 is even worse
Please don't kill me

never, ever, ever play Crusader Kings
20200908_204445.jpg

As someone who doesn't play Paradox games, and will never, ever, ever play Crusader Kings*, I have two questions:

1) Has anyone managed to marry their horse yet?
2) How bonkers has your game gotten with combinations of culture, nation and religion?

*I can't stand even watching CK2 let's plays on youtube, at least not without skipping about 70% of each video. The game is sooooooo micro-heavy and tedium-inducing. Although Victoria 2 is even worse
Please don't kill me
239.jpg

Tribal Realms are basically unplayable leaving the novel feature of faithh reformation 50% ususeless because pagan religions whic are most interesting to reforme won't be reformed.
I'm kind of confused by people who keep saying this, because I started a game as Daurama of Daura yesterday, and so far it's been great fun to create Hausaland and work on conquering as much of Africa as I can get. Maybe because West Africa is far away from the feudals and so it doesn't really matter what they're doing?

If Paradox intends to bring China into the game they really need to rework alternative systems of governance. If they make China a pseudo-feudal state like the Byzantines that would be really lame

You can make it an accepted thing, but no marriage. Half-measures, if you're going to do it go whole hog, y'know.
I think maybe it was because it messed with the dynastic system? Idk, I feel like a robust adoption system would be needed. Maybe that will come as part of a Rome DLC or something.

Byzantines are too strong, but I love how Dread means you don’t have to always be Mr Nice Guy to have a stable realm.

Byzantines are too strong, but I love how Dread means you don’t have to always be Mr Nice Guy to have a stable realm.

the Byzantines generally need a rework. They lack alot of flavor, and they play both ahistorically and not in a way that makes them feel especially unique or interesting

the Byzantines generally need a rework. They lack alot of flavor, and they play both ahistorically and not in a way that makes them feel especially unique or interesting
So what would you do for them? Specifically how would you(or others) implement the byzantine imperial system? :)

So what would you do for them? Specifically how would you(or others) implement the byzantine imperial system? :)
Honestly, the CK2 election system for them was sort of gamey, but definitely approximated things. Ideally, though, CK3 would combine a version of that with a totally revamped, unique non-feudal base gameplay for Imperial government for Byzantium and maybe parts of the East (that could later be modified for use in, say, China)

After 50 hours on CK3, I must say as of right now CK2 feels deeper/more complete, but CK3 has a lot more potential which will no doubt be fulfilled in the coming years.

If Paradox intends to bring China into the game they really need to rework alternative systems of governance. If they make China a pseudo-feudal state like the Byzantines that would be really lame
China is over powered. The only thing that keep sthem from colonising the world is the isolaitonsist policies and the beurocracy.

China is over powered. The only thing that keep sthem from colonising the world is the isolaitonsist policies and the beurocracy.
Not really, not at this time (I mean, we're talking about the Tang and Song dynasties, depending on the start date, neither of which was exceptionally isolationist). It was more that controlling extremely peripheral lands in the steppes and mountains was very difficult and not really worthwhile.

Not really, not at this time (I mean, we're talking about the Tang and Song dynasties, depending on the start date, neither of which was exceptionally isolationist). It was more that controlling extremely peripheral lands in the steppes and mountains was very difficult and not really worthwhile.
They could represent this with attrition quite well. Huge Chinese armies able to defend the homeland, but unable to attack out into the steppes or jungle, or cross the Himalayas.