Crusader Kings III

A game I converted from Imperator. I was Atropatene and a friend was Maurya. Thessalonika is supposed to be Thrace, and Persian Empire is actually the Seleucids.

FhNGRs5.png

Religions are pretty spot-on.

YA7E3E2.png

Cultures are a bit weird though, Mede got converted into Kurdish, and Maghada into Nepalese. And the Roman Emperors became Italian somehow.

RGYhbiK.png

I decided to restart my Persian run through with custom characters. Here is Dariush and Zohreh

unknown.png

and here is their eldest son and his sister wife

unknown.png

And here is an in progress family tree that has a few errors at the moment

unknown.png

Curious should Zoroastrianism favor incest? I am not sure if that is historical or not.
Incest was certainly why the religion became a meme in CK2...

A quick check I did though does seem to indicate Zoroastrians could practice incest and were very endogamous. Mainly had to do with the fact there is a strong ties to ethnicy, so marrying a non-Zoroastrian could lead to you being no longer considered part of the community.

That said, that's basically me doing a quick look on the net. I'd personnally ask the question on the board to our experts in Persian history and Zoroastrianism.

Curious should Zoroastrianism favor incest? I am not sure if that is historical or not.

that said cool family trees @Sevarics

Incest was certainly why the religion became a meme in CK2...

A quick check I did though does seem to indicate Zoroastrians could practice incest and were very endogamous. Mainly had to do with the fact there is a strong ties to ethnicy, so marrying a non-Zoroastrian could lead to you being no longer considered part of the community.

That said, that's basically me doing a quick look on the net. I'd personnally ask the question on the board to our experts in Persian history and Zoroastrianism.

As far as I know, it is based off of this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xwedodah

So, if you've been active in the community, you've probably already heard about this, but I'll post about it here anyways.

Recently, a mod was released for CK3 and Mount and Blade Bannerlord called Crusader Blade. What it does is it essentially makes you able to actively participate and lead battles you fight in CK3 by using a special gateway that allows Bannerlord to receive parameters of said battle from CK3, which it then uses those parameters to create a map and simulate the battle itself, allowing you the player to play as your commander and actively lead your side in it. It has only just been released, meaning it's still in early development, but I must say that I'm already impressed and think this project has very high potential.

Here's the link to it Itch.io page, you also need both Bannerlord and CK3 to use it (obviously): https://crusaderblade.itch.io/crusaderblade