Crusader Kings III

Actually apparently the Marius update made Imperator playable again.

I still have trouble knowing wtf to do but that's mainly because I decided to be contrary and play in Tibet with the eventual goal of spreading polyandrous Bön hegemony across the world and subjugating the white worms of the West.

Anyone know any interesting characters to play as in CK3?
Any vharacter can be interesting if played well.

In 867 Rurik and the guy in Jorvik are my favorites as well as other Slavic and Baltic rulers.

In 1066 Harald Hardrada is probably most exciting to play at the beginning of the game but Russian rulers are also ok. Like I said even q count in Ireland can be interesting if played well.

In 867 Rurik and the guy in Jorvik are my favorites as well as other Slavic and Baltic rulers.

In 1066 Harald Hardrada is probably most exciting to play at the beginning of the game but Russian rulers are also ok. Like I said even q count in Ireland can be interesting if played well.
I'm hoping to play as Novgorod on CK II soon in order to try and unlock the "Norse East" achievement [possible Lost Vikings reference there?] "British Raj" is another CK II achievement I'd like, so I am wondering if it's possible for Asian families to westernise in that game?

I also hope the Sons of Ragnar are much less frustrating in CK III than their CK II counterparts, in terms of playing as them, that is.

Since the flavour pack, Northern Lords has been released would anyone here recommend it?
In general, yeah. I know Norse are going to be a popular choice anyway, but it's pretty good so far in my limited experience with it.

Finland is still hardest mode, though.

In general, yeah. I know Norse are going to be a popular choice anyway, but it's pretty good so far in my limited experience with it.

Finland is still hardest mode, though.
I see, I saw that it added the option to abandon one's land and become host and I wanted to know if it was worth it. Thank you!

I favour Harald Finehair in 867 after binge ~ watching Vikings series 8 [I'm really excited it's getting a sequel!] on Amazon Prime and am looking forward to playing as Russian rulers as well; I'm also told 3% of my maternal DNA may well be either Viking or Russian in origin, which could explain why, if I see an undefended monastery I feel an urge to grab an axe, kill everyone within and steal all the gold. ;-)

Anyone know any interesting characters to play as in CK3?
I'm intrigued by the Burmese rulers, but that might be because we owned a Burmese cat until April 2019 when he passed away.

What I'd really love would be if they expanded the map all the way to Cambodia, China and Japan this time around, as it gets a bit boring playing as the same rulers in two similar games.

Imperator Rome was meant to be this, but it's a gigantic train-wreck.
I'd argue differently ~ I enjoy observer mode on Imperator, but what I find frustrating is none of the screenshots I took seem to have been saved.

I also noticed the Crusader Kings III main menu theme is identical to Crusader Kings II's...I guess Paradox just decided, for once, you can't improve on perfection.

What I'd really love would be if they expanded the map all the way to Cambodia, China and Japan this time around, as it gets a bit boring playing as the same rulers in two similar games.
The big issue here is that China will blob and eat the map unless you have a strongly upper-bounded realm size limit.

I absolutely love the idea they've gone for in terms of cultural rework. Need to see the next dev diaries on hybridization and culture split of course, but so far that looks like a brilliant rework. Makes possibly culture as fun to mold as Religion.

And all those juicy modding possibilities...

I'm playing as Harald Fairhair for my first Crusader Kings III game; so far I've conquered Hordaland and am fabricating a claim on another Norweigian Chiefdom bordering Vestfold. I didn't notice the icons at the side of the screen until later on for the Council ~ I thought they'd be at the top like on CK II.

Also I have it on easy difficulty and not on ironman mode ~ I decided not to attempt that yet until I am more comfortable with the differences between this one and CK II.