Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Well, there are no plans for AGOT as standalone software. It would probably step on some toes... but on plus side, you've got AGOT mod 0.3.2 with new scenarios and features!

Guys, a new Crusader Kings II DLC has just been announced: Sunset Invasion.

The premise: You have seaborn Mongols, but instead of being Mongols... They are the Aztecs, complete with human sacrifice and New World diseases. This will be insane.

The Aztec dlc looks like a bit of harmless fun, and who knows, it might have some cool features for modders to play with.

I have only tested it as Byzantine emperor so far. Flaying is not an option, sadly, and you have to relase them after blinding / castrating them. ... ah, alright. The game files say you have to have the Byzantine culture group. You could easily mod it, though, by copying "vassal_decisions.txt" into your AGOT mod folder and removing the culture condition.

In the AGOT mod a few houses have their own specific decisions regarding dealing with prisoners. The Boltons can, indeed, flay people.

I'm playing a game as Harold Hardyng at the moment. I captured Tywin and threw him out the moon door.

Well, I say Northern Africa needs to be messed up by ALIENS RIDING CAMELS and an invasion by the OTHERS in Scandinavia was long overdue.

I already said essentially this in the NPC thread on this subject, but it would be fun for, once in a while, the West to get the insanely powerful invaders coming in to screw shit up when you're playing an Eastern power that constantly has to fight off both the West and the Mongols. Even if it is ASB. :p So long as it's optional, I don't mind.

I already said essentially this in the NPC thread on this subject, but it would be fun for, once in a while, the West to get the insanely powerful invaders coming in to fuck shit up when you're playing an Eastern power that constantly has to fight off both the West and the Mongols.

Well, in one game I played, the Mongols did manage to overrun Pomerania.

But yeah, they had to go through Russia first, and in any case, the rest of the west is still good to go.

But on the other hand, if left to their own devices, Muslim powers in the early game always seem to curbstomp Byzantium and Spain. France and Hungary are often also conquered.

They said on the Q&A session that they were planning a fun DLC for the end of this year, and then they would make another big SoI sized one for spring...

This is obviously what they meant, and personnaly I think it will be fun... because when you don't want it you will be able to quite eaisly turn it off...

I've got to say, this is one of the funnest games I've ever played, easily. I've been in the middle of a Byzantine game recently (starting with the ascension of Alexios Komnenos)... I'm in the year 1261, shortly after the death of my greatest character ever, Adrianos I Komnenos ("the wise" - he got that nickname really early into his reign), who was a genius with mid-twenties stewardship skill and in the mid-to-high teens at everything else, conquered the Holy Land, Antioch, Dalmatia, and most of the remainder of Italy (I had conquered the southern Italy and Sicily about fifty years before Adrianos came to power), including Rome, and reigned for 60 years, finishing with a score of over 34,000. I now control his son, Nikephoros V, who is also a genius with very high martial, learning, and stewardship scores - although, he is also in his mid-forties, and is maimed from battle against the Turks, and has a rather mediocre heir, especially compared to Nikephoros, Adrianos, and the Emperor before that, Manuel I. The goal for the rest of the game? Try and reunite what was the Roman Empire at its height - and I think I've got a pretty good shot, especially how France, Iberia, and Great Britain have been pretty chaotic over the course of the game (What happened to France is actually pretty crazy - most of it was conquered by the Almoravids during the early 1100s,, but they united their crown with Castile and Leon, so while Paris was conquered a long time ago, the Kings of France have been fighting to regain their territory from their seat in Barcelona! Recently, they've started to recover some of their territories, but the Muslims still control most of Aquitaine, and the Holy Roman Empire, Brittany, and England have large chunks of the north and east.). Anyways, I've been pretty lucky so far, so hopefully that continues, and I avoid getting idiot heirs or being overthrown or something, so that I can succeed in bringing Rome back to its glory days! :cool:

My first game was as Philippe I Capet in 1066 - I eventually gave up on that after I got stuck in a huge civil war with an infant King a hundred years down the road or so, after I inherited some of the Spanish Kingdoms. Shortly after, I retried that same scenario, and so far, that's been the only game that I've played all the way through to 1453. I ended up ruling (nearly) literally all of Western Europe, ruling pretty much all of modern France, most all of Iberia (there was a little HRE-controlled outpost in the south), and all the British Empires, with an end dynastic score of around 150,000. Fun game - I especially liked playing as the alternate Philippe Capet, who had a score just over 20,000, and set the tone by ruling for nearly seventy years, and conquering Andalusia and the Holy Land in successive Crusades. Most of that Capetian dynasty tended to be strong diplomats, whereas in my Byzantine game I've preferred to make stewards.

I've had a few other games starting from much lower positions (one in which I rose to become King of France, and a couple others where I've done some exciting things), but they're not as cool stories, and there's not much point in posting all of what I remember from my games on here.

As for the new DLC... it's a fun idea, I guess, but I'm not going to get it. Too bizarre and ASB - not that CKII can't already get a little ASB (I recall a game where I suddenly found that Scotland had become a Sultanate, albeit still Catholic, under Abu I), but that's getting a bit carried away to create a challenging menace in the west for my tastes.

Anyways, awesome game. :cool:

Tellus

Banned
This is basically reusing the Mongols but giving them a western slant, it shouldnt be that game breaking, but... I'm still reeling, I expected the Republics + trade DLC next...

I mean, come on. Aztecs? Is Nov 1st the new April 1st??

And more importantly: WHO SHOWED THEM THE ASB?!? :p

This is basically reusing the Mongols but giving them a western slant, it shouldnt be that game breaking, but... I'm still reeling, I expected the Republics + trade DLC next...

I mean, come on. Aztecs? Is Nov 1st the new April 1st??

And more importantly: WHO SHOWED THEM THE ASB?!? :p

My thoughts exactly.