Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

>5000% plot power
>Three years
>Havnt received any events

PARADOX!!!!!!!!! :mad:
How do you have 5000 Plot Power?! :eek:

Still, the plot events won't even begin to trigger unless one of the conspirators is present with him in the same province; when the target is at war this can be troublesome, so I typically look to see whom is within the army, and try and recruit them as possible.

Plot Power, in its most meaningful state, maxes out at 150% by the way. :p

From what I have seen though it on average takes about a year or so for the event to trigger IF you have a conspirator constantly present with the target. I am not sure if this is the case with you or not.

How do you have 5000 Plot Power?! :eek:Still, the plot events won't even begin to trigger unless one of the conspirators is present with him in the same province; when the target is at war this can be troublesome, so I typically look to see whom is within the army, and try and recruit them as possible.Plot Power, in its most meaningful state, maxes out at 150% by the way. :p
5900% to be exact. And cause im a king motherfucker. :cool:

The latest patch fixed the plot problems tho. As soon as i loaded up the save i got an event to ready the sellswords. :D

Particularly troublesome courtier this guy was. He's been in literally every single plot against my character

5900% to be exact. And cause im a king motherfucker. :cool:

Funny you should say that...my recent king married his step-mother! I dub him King Michels the 'Holy' Motherf**ker of Aragon. :D

Guess you can't blame him if your step-mom's only 3 years older than you.

Too much rebellions going on as a result of this, I guess. I just had him deposed and abdicate in favour of his son as soon as the son turned the age of majority!

Oddly enough, everything's peaceful and there's absolutely no succession crisis after the abdication. Guess father (The Motherf**ker) is still alive and watching.

Not quite related to CK2, but I recently discovered that RedRalphWiggum, the moderator over at the Paradox forums, seems to have joined this site a while back and was banned.

What was he banned for, you ask? Why, this.

libbrit

Banned
What really annoys me about plots, is that i seem to have to manually end them-id give anything to have my spymaster end them automatically and only tell me when he as done it, or if they say no.

My prisons are overcrowded with unaccountably troublesome and yet bravely defiant counts wanting to kill little children

Infact a great thing would be if you could have a larger council, perhaps 10 members-membership of the council is a valuable way of temporarilly staving off a rebellion.

incidentally, ive started a game which is essentially a `crusader kings` dynasty game, but in Nation Game format.

feel free to come and claim a dynasty. Starting date is 1300

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=248097

You remember how I was having issues finding the Save Files?

I found them.

For whatever reason, there is a separate Crusader Kings II folder in My Documents, and all the Save Files are being stored there. Have no clue why that happened, but I'm afraid to move it lest it might create other issues that I can't fix. Has this happened to anyone else, or is this just a personnel fluke?

What really annoys me about plots, is that i seem to have to manually end them-id give anything to have my spymaster end them automatically and only tell me when he as done it, or if they say no.

My prisons are overcrowded with unaccountably troublesome and yet bravely defiant counts wanting to kill little children

Infact a great thing would be if you could have a larger council, perhaps 10 members-membership of the council is a valuable way of temporarilly staving off a rebellion.

incidentally, ive started a game which is essentially a `crusader kings` dynasty game, but in Nation Game format.

feel free to come and claim a dynasty. Starting date is 1300

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=248097
I usually just start ignoring it and letting it pass unless its of particularly concern to me. :p

Rosenheim

Donor
You remember how I was having issues finding the Save Files?

I found them.

For whatever reason, there is a separate Crusader Kings II folder in My Documents, and all the Save Files are being stored there. Have no clue why that happened, but I'm afraid to move it lest it might create other issues that I can't fix. Has this happened to anyone else, or is this just a personnel fluke?

That's where they're supposed to go.

I also finally started my AAR if anyone wants to check it out: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...eek-Shall-Inherit-the-Earth-A-dii-Treviso-AAR

That's where they're supposed to go.
No, most if not all the folders are in the Paradox folder in the C Drive. I suspected that is where the Saved Files would also go.

However they are under My Documents rather than with the other folders in the C Drive.

It just seemed odd to me that they would be separated from the rest given that any other Paradox Game I've ever had had the Save Files within the Main Game folder in the C Drive. I don't really see any sense in keeping them separate.

Rosenheim

Donor
I know that most of the files ARE in the C: Drive, but Paradox has chosen for its more recent games to have its save files in the Documents. That's where they decided they wanted them to go.

I know that most of the files ARE in the C: Drive, but Paradox has chosen for its more recent games to have its save files in the Documents. That's where they decided they wanted them to go.

A great many modern games do that. I suspect it's because game installers tend to default to Program Files, which is protected by user access control in Windows 7, so if the save files were in there there'd be issues with writing over 'protected' content.

Tellus

Banned
Since I just shared this on the Paradox forums might as well show it here for the other Byzantophiles. Its been alot of work recreating Rome, specifically nibbling at the HRE from within instead of just marrying into inheriting the whole thing, took ALOT of wars.

I also have dynasty members ruling in Germania, Poland, Denmark, Sweden and Russia. I still need Mesopotamia but that's easy, a few quick Holy Wars. Probably will add Hibernia too. The Mongols just arrived, though, but somehow I dont think my half-million men army will fall to the Huns 2.0 , especially since I created and fortified ALOT of extra castle-type holdings along the eastern borders and gave them to the local Dux'.

ck2_map_4.jpg

I dedicate this Empire to Faeelin. :p

Since I just shared this on the Paradox forums might as well show it here for the other Byzantophiles. Its been alot of work recreating Rome, specifically nibbling at the HRE from within instead of just marrying into inheriting the whole thing, took ALOT of wars.

I also have dynasty members ruling in Germania, Poland, Denmark, Sweden and Russia. I still need Mesopotamia but that's easy, a few quick Holy Wars. Probably will add Hibernia too. The Mongols just arrived, though, but somehow I dont think my half-million men army will fall to the Huns 2.0 , especially since I created and fortified ALOT of extra castle-type holdings along the eastern borders and gave them to the local Dux'.

I will be very disappointed if you didn't move the capital back to Rome.

Or even better, play CK2+ and form the Roman Roman Empire.

Tellus

Banned
I will be very disappointed if you didn't move the capital back to Rome.

Duh. Of course I did.
Or even better, play CK2+ and form the Roman Roman Empire.
This I disagree with, though. Byzantium wasn't a successor state, it WAS the Roman empire still, even if it sustained serious territorial losses. If I invade the US and annex the eastern half and the government flees to California, it doesn't stop being the US. Even if much of the world starts calling it the United States of Greater California after a couple generations, its still the US, and the first Constitution is still in force. That's essentially what Byzantium was: An empire that had lost land but that remained ideologically and legally largely intact. The desire to see a name change on the map as it regains is understandable but it's fundamentally rooted in misunderstanding the continuity of the Empire. The Roman empire outlasted Rome by nearly a thousand years.

In fact, I think it would make far more sense to have Byzantium named "Roman Empire" on the map in 1066 than to offer a name-change decision.