Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

I decided to do a run through where I see what would happen if Rhaenyra had married Harwin Strong instead of Laenor and the answer is have a lot of babies. Also someone offered me a claim to Pentos if I paid off the Pentoshi debt to Qarth so I took it. Laenor had two legitimate daughters with his beard and Laena and Daemon have been popping out lots of daughters down in the Stepstones. Rhaenys invaded the Stormlands and overthrew her cousin so Laenor is set to inherit the Stormlands and Driftmark This playthrough's version of Jace is betrothed to Laenor's eldest daughter but that engagement happened way before Rhaenys went all ambitious conqueror on Stormlands

unknown.png

I decided to do a run through where I see what would happen if Rhaenyra had married Harwin Strong instead of Laenor and the answer is have a lot of babies. Also someone offered me a claim to Pentos if I paid off the Pentoshi debt to Qarth so I took it. Laenor had two legitimate daughters with his beard and Laena and Daemon have been popping out lots of daughters down in the Stepstones. Rhaenys invaded the Stormlands and overthrew her cousin so Laenor is set to inherit the Stormlands and Driftmark This playthrough's version of Jace is betrothed to Laenor's eldest daughter but that engagement happened way before Rhaenys went all ambitious conqueror on Stormlands

unknown.png

Oh damn Rhaenys went and conquered Dorne and then tried to claim the Iron Throne with her combined Stormlander-Dornish army. Too bad for her she only had her one dragon Meleys. She killed Viserys so Rhaenyra is now queen but then Meleys got killed in the battle of the Red Keep and Rhaenys got captured. She died from her injuries and now Laenor is King of Dorne and the Stormlands.

Were is the Game of Thrones mod because it seems to have vanished in the Steam Workshop.

AGOT Mod: https://agotcitadel.boards.net/thread/3932/release-game-thrones-v2-2

Submods that I use:
In Heaven's Cartographic Map Modifications: https://agotcitadel.boards.net/thread/1647/sub-heavens-cartographic-tweak-agot
More Bloodlines: https://agotcitadel.boards.net/thread/1752/more-bloodlines-submod-agot-compatible
Mixed Ethnicities: https://agotcitadel.boards.net/thread/4119/agot-mixed-cultures-religions-updated
AGOT Faces Modification w More Bloodlines Compatibility - use the links in this post because first page hasn't been updated: https://agotcitadel.boards.net/post/24771/thread

Jacaerys succeeded Rhaenyra when she died from wounds putting down a rebellion by Aegon. He and Laenor's daughter, Rhaenys, just had their first son, Jaehaerys.

Also, the butterfly effect of helping Rhaenys, the Queen Who Never Was, become Lady Paramount of the Stormlands continues as her heir, Laenor, defeated Daemon and annexed the Kingdom of the Stepstones into their Kingdom.

unknown.png

thanks lol, this was by far my best-ever CK2 game. A brief rundown of my game:

Started by uniting Sweden, took a few other religiously strategic bits to reform the Germanic faith, then consolidated the rest of Scandinavia under my rule. Next was the slow but steady conquest of Britain and Ireland in the 800s, then grabbing huge chunks of Western Europe in the 900s/1000s through offensive Great Holy Wars (and holding on to said parts when the Catholics attempted to roll back my gains in Crusades). My vassals launched several successful prepared invasions, extending my gains into Italy, Egypt, and North Africa. (I eventually granted independence to Italy and Egypt to ward off a serious vassal revolt)

With a massive empire and unshakable 100 moral authority, most of the remaining pagan nations converted to the Reformed Germanic faith. It is now the known world's dominant religion, followed from Spain and Iceland to Mesopotamia and Central Asia (the Mongols in my game converted to my religion).

The Byzantines (still Orthodox as always) is the only major Christian nation remaining (and one I will never directly mess with as long as they keep the Varangian Guard around, why trash a country that willingly gives my empires' elites free military training. Plus I know they'll never launch an offensive Crusade against me), the Catholics have been wiped out (Pope's still floating around somewhere in Italy though and is laughably still trying to organize Crusades to take back Rome, only to cancel them due to lack of support. I wonder why lol). The remaining Muslims (bits of North Africa and the Middle East) are divided between Sunni, Shia, and about 5 different heresies. There are still Sunni and Shia Caliphs floating around who will declare jihads to take back Arabia (a Reformed Germanic state currently controls Mecca). They don't work. Meanwhile Persia and the non-Mongol parts of Central Asia are divided into a bunch of Hindu and Buddhist states that pose no threat to my empire.

Can't directly grow any more through conquest without literally triggering a World War against me because my threat level has been between 90-100% for the last 150 years. Luckily my many vassal kingdoms can still grab up land on my behalf.
Dude, you seem like a expert of early starts, so please help me with something.

Basically I want to do a ilmenian suomensko playthrough, but I cannot make any money whatsoever, not even by pillaging people, so what should I do?

Ladies and gentlemen,
normal people and those who don't like the goths

I came here to fix the greatest and saddest problem with our timeline, the lack of goths! Yes, we don't have enough Goths, so I unified spain as the Asturian visigoths

unknown.png

Yes, now everyone in Iberia and morroco shall be able to get a goth Girlfriend, and soon I gonna reach full equality between the sexes to increase the amount of goth Gfs active in stuff!

unknown.png

Starting in 769 as Northumbria

by the way, do you prefer me posting the prints directly or here, or should I leave them in spoilers?

unknown.png

I must say, "When the world stopped making sense" really needs some fan intervention to bring it completely to the final version of CKII, there are a bunch of uneeded ambitions. It is extremely frustrating not being able to use holy war too, Ireland and Scotland are pagan and I can only declare war by fabricating claims, it gonna take 200 years to take over everything!

By the way, this is the same house of the original founder of Britanny

You know, the Romano-british had a language that is very close to modern spanish
unknown.png
You might understand it if you speak spanish or maybe Portuguese

unknown.png

Back into the game, this is the earlier stage of the annexation of Ireland. There was a very tragic situation in Kildare when the kingdom of Ireland seized it and murdered all the family of the count apart from the count himself who was leading the armies sent to reclaim it, and they got sacrified to the pagan gods, a pretty tragic tale, specially since the count died two years later and had no living son to keep his rule. In therms of narrative I imagine that there would be a Romano-british minority in the coasts and in Dublin while the interior would have only roman authorities and romanized irishmen in power. There are a lot of revolts in the interior, but they always end crushed.

unknown.png
This is the situation now, I have reached despotism. Two of the three british legions have been restored. I'm unsure if I should invade the continent or not, not because it would be difficult but due the hellish wait times to fabricate claims there.

When the world stopped making sense is by far the most frustrating mod I have played so far, but still it is fun enough to make you want to keep playing it. I wish there was more love given to it's development to refine it, like adding Holy Wars.

utzw8dwacxd91.jpg

"From my blood comes the
Prince That Was Promised
and his will be
the Song of Ice and Fire"

MKzTKDj.png

Excerpt from Archmaester Marwyn's personal journal

"They called me mad. Unsound, they said. The Mage! Let the grey sheep keep their names and insults, as if these were insults at all. The Citadel only answers to itself. I am a servant of the truth, a truth they would rather keep buried in dusty scrolls and tomes they would rather see lost. But they couldn't keep the truth from emerging, not any more than they couldn't keep the glass candles from burning. Even in death, Aemon Targaryen brought the truth to the fore. The obsidian showed me his last days and his last words, words which would have been incoherent and unintelligible to most ears. But not mine! They had been wrong, Aemon said. A mistranslation, he claimed. Prince knows no gender in the language of dragons, and Daenerys Stormborn was the hero born amidst salt and smoke. He died with this belief. I never believed him... until the Tarly boy brought me his books. Hidden in the tomes, the correspondence between two dead men, the blind exile and Rhaegar Targaryen. Prophecy... prophecy is one thing, a bitch that would bite off your manhood if given quarter... but dragon dreams? These have always been different. Ancient Valyrian magic, no doubt, not a street sorcerer's tricks. Daenys the Dreamer saved the Targaryens from the Doom... and it seemed that Aegon the Conqueror would save the world of men from a similar fate, not one by fire but one by ice. Aemon believed Daenerys Stormborn to be this promised prince. The obsidian showed me the horrors descending from the North. Tarly only confirmed our worst fears. Prophecy may be unreliable... but if Aegon's dream was as true as Daenys', the fate of the world might depend on the young girl that had birthed dragons back to life. There is no place for magic and dragons in the world the Citadel is building, but what to make of it when the very world depends on magic and dragons? I had to get to her before the grey sheep did, fill in the void left by Aemon Targaryen's departure, and guide her so that Aegon's dream did not become a nightmare [...]"

"[...] though I offered my services and cautioned her against the grey sheep, the Dragon Queen initially held me in contempt. It is clear now that she had had her fill of prophecy and sorcery, but the worst came only after I told her my name. I had only a faint recollection of Mirri Maz Duur, that Lhazareen godswife. She had showed promise in the art of blood magic, but how could I have known that she would use what she had learned to claim the life of Daenerys' unborn child in her womb? The Unburnt never forgot, though I had, and she threw me in the blackest of cells. A wise and prudent move, I do admit. Even as I languished beneath the Great Pyramid, I had to admire her distrust of strangers and prophecy... at least until the time came when she let herself be consumed by it upon the red priest's arrival. Though I should be thankful. Had Moqorro never come to Meereen, Selmy would have let me to rot in the dungeons. Instead, he urged the Queen to listen to me, a Maester from Westeros, against the devilish delusions of the Lord of Light. It was mayhaps the first time I was grateful to be a part of the same order as the grey sheep. Daenerys had not let me say my piece before placing chains around my ankles, so disgusted she was by Marwyn the Mage. But it was not Marwyn the Mage who would be speaking to her now, but Aemon and Rhaegar Targaryen."

VbBiXYC.png

Excerpt from Missandei of Naath's The Breaking of the Chains

"When Daenerys Stormborn, of House Targaryen, the Unburnt, First of her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms, Protector of the Realm, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons and Azor Ahai Reborn, the Dawnbreaker, first came to what was once known as the Bay of Slaves, this one was but a young girl held in bondage by a master whose very name is unworthy of being set down in written record. The Great Queen had come to Astapor on the advice of her protector and servant Ser Jorah Mormont, whom in later years she would have invested as the Lord of Rosby across the sea. She had come to acquire an army of slaves, but instead she set the Unsullied free and broke the chain of every single slave in Astapor... starting with me. She released me from my silken prison and accepted me into her inner circle, and from that moment I knew I would never have to be afraid of servitude again, for the Mother of Dragons, the Mhysa of our people, would keep us all safe. The breaking of the chains began with one word, one simple command, that would immediately become the war-cry of the freedmen for this generation and all the generations to come: Dracarys."

"[...] though the war had been one, the price of peace was soaked in blood, for the Sons of the Harpy were unrelenting. Years have passed but this one still mourns our brother Mossador, one of the many victims the Great Masters of Meereen claimed even after they had bent the knee to the Queen. To keep the peace, Daenerys Targaryen considered marriage to one of the Ghiscari. Many in her court favored a match to the nobleman Hizdahr zo Loraq, but that was before a conspiracy was unveiled that implicated him in the activities of the Sons of the Harpy and planned regicide. Queen Daenerys had him executed for his treason, and all talk that remained of marrying to secure the peace slowly faded. The conspiracy of the Great Masters had been thwarted, and if they could not be trusted even in the marriage bed, why trust them at all? Daenerys had another answer for them: fire and blood. To prove her point, the Mother of Dragons took to husband Prince Quentyn Martell, the eldest son of the Prince of Dorne. The blood of the dragon only married the blood of the dragon, and Prince Quentyn was a descendant of the first Daenerys, as this one later learned, who had been the wife of Prince Mors Martell. The second Daenerys, our queen and mother, claimed that the Rhoynar under Nymeria had fled from slavers and sought freedom in Westeros. Now the Rhoynar would lead her home, but first she had to secure the freedom of all her children as penance for the crimes of Old Valyria, not only in Meereen, but in Astapor, Yunkai, New Ghis and all the great slaver cities that threatened to undo all her work."

ztgtzab.png

"[...] this was when the red priest Moqorro arrived, not long after the Mage had been confined in the dungeons. He had come accompanied by a great reaver from the Sunset Kingdoms. Though Queen Daenerys rejected his offer of marriage and his aid in seizing the Iron Throne, causing the great kraken to depart in a fury, she listened to Moqorro's words intently. One night, the Queen confided in me that she had a great distrust of blood magic and prophecy... but, at the same time, the Seven had not done much for her throughout her life. The Lord of Light was a powerful god in comparison, and his faith was the faith of most of the slaves in all of Essos, a promise of absolution against the masters that held them in chains. The Red Temple would be a mighty ally to be had, and what where Targaryens in the end, if not the Champions of Fire? If the Queen distrusted Moqorro, Ser Barristan had open distaste for him. At his urging the Queen freed the Mage from the dungeon, for Ser Barristan feared the influence the red priest might procure over her if he was her sole adviser on the matters of magic and faith. But what Archmaester Marwyn had to say only served to convince the Queen of Moqorro's good intentions. Marwyn proclaimed her the Prince That Was Promised to lead Westeros against the Long Night, sharing with her the dream Maester Aemon and Prince Rhaegar had intensively studied, much to Ser Barristan's bewilderment, though in time he would come to accept it. Empowered by Aegon's dream and the song of ice and fire, Daenerys Targaryen at last embraced the Lord of Light and was reborn as his champion against the growing darkness, Azor Ahai come again. The Seven had let her family ruin itself. The Red God would champion her against the cold and the shadow... though she would have no burning of unbelievers in her court, for Ser Barristan reminded her of the Mad King. Daenerys would champion the Lord of Light, but would not let him lord over her. After all, it was she who was the Mother of Dragons, the champion of fire, and not Moqorro or the Red Temple. How could they possibly know more than her?"

2HqvUfQ.png

To be continued...

HWpIWfe.png

27 years into my Aegon the Uncrowned gets his Crown runthrough and his heir, Aenys, Prince of Dragonstone, is doing well for himself. Aenys has a Hightower wife. Aemond, Aegon's second son, is the King of Tyrosh as a vassal to the Iron Throne. Jaehaerys is a Prince of Nontelos (I think) and is married to Alyssane, while Viserys (who also has a Hightower wife) is a Prince of Pentos.

Aegon is still wed to Rhaena but he has had a few affairs and sired a few bastards.

unknown.png

The three images per day limit hurts a lot, but here we go

So, the Soissons, basically the roman empire fell and there were a bunch of roman lands in the west who basically were left without their capital so declared independence, and the soissons was the strongest one, and unluckiest one since of all the places they could be trapped in, they were in France.

unknown.png

This is the grandson of the starting ruler, he finished taking over Raetia to finally restore the empire, it was less frustrating than Romano-Britannia since you get a certain casus belli for Roman factions in continental europe.

unknown.png

The Empire was restored, and the Gallian-Roman culture was fastly replaced by the normal roman one and the title of King of Soissons was crushed since nobody deserves to have any french influence in their lives!

The three images per day limit hurts a lot, but here we go

So, the Soissons, basically the roman empire fell and there were a bunch of roman lands in the west who basically were left without their capital so declared independence, and the soissons was the strongest one, and unluckiest one since of all the places they could be trapped in, they were in France.

unknown.png

This is the grandson of the starting ruler, he finished taking over Raetia to finally restore the empire, it was less frustrating than Romano-Britannia since you get a certain casus belli for Roman factions in continental europe.

unknown.png

The Empire was restored, and the Gallian-Roman culture was fastly replaced by the normal roman one and the title of King of Soissons was crushed since nobody deserves to have any french influence in their lives!
What mod should I play?

What mod should I play?
It depends of what you want. The mod above is "When the world stopped making sense", it covers the end of the Roman era, but it is very frustrating.

If you want a cook alternate world there is "After the end" that shows the world 500 years after the apocalypse when the Americas reached the medieval technological level, but the sad thing is that there are unfixed bugs hurting it.

Ladies and Gentlemen

When we think of the land of burguers in a post apocalyptic world we usually end thinking of americanism in "After the End"! I have played as them many times before but I was not so skilled and not used to make large empires, so this is my first great shot as them, and it is GLORIOUS!

Basically I unified the old Dominion and Maryland-Philadelphia, then centralised all power and groomed my King to be an absolute Alexander the great mixed with Nathanael Greene! In the lore the main enemy of the americanists are the anabaptists, since they not only looted Washington and ended the Americanist renaissance, but they are also responsible for the TWO strongest kingdoms in the northeast, Hudson and Deitschrei, who are juggernauts and always hellish to defeat

Except for George "The Frog" Dandrige. By the time I declared war he already had built his fame as a great conqueror, and the fact that he alone declared war on a the second strongest Kingdom (deitschrei) when allied with Hudson (THE strongest) must have been a very bad omen for those two monarchs, as the only way for this to happen is if George was sure he was going to win. George used all his training gained in the Cincinnati organisation to muster bonus event troops and expand his skill and also called his merenary leader sons all together along with the Men in Black (our holy order) against their force, with the first battle being a force of seven thousand of theirs against six thousand in our side, and well, they lost 4k men and then my reinforcements arrived!

unknown.png

"STOP! STOP! He's already dead!"

unknown.png

Skill 26, and the guy in the lower left is the general Lee from the civil war btw, same name and looks of him when young

We won so much that they had 100 soldiers after being defeated, what triggered the duke of Maryland to declare a holy war, but this brought Hudson and they defeated the Duke

But don't ya worry, here we go again, this time to take Hudson largest Duchy, here we go!
unknown.png

IRRAH!