Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Deleted member 141906

I just got into this game yesterday and I love it! I like how my last character, who killed his father, has a aunt who is only 12, my relatives hate me and are vassals, and I have a woman in charge who's been in TWO Civil wars and one happened after I squashed the other one and the person who demanded the abdication of me supported me in the first civil wars. After the playthrough as Brittiany and a Jew and a Viking has (Sons of Abraham, and The Old Gods) I might buy all of the other DLC under Humble Bundle or wait for CK3.

So this is apparently the entire map of CK3

4yjbs5bpojy41.jpg

So this is apparently the entire map of CK3
Aside from the fact it's gorgeous, it's also slightly larger than CK2's map. You can now reach a little bit further east and Africa seems to have more counties and go southward.

Oh, and they also have done a better job at representing empty areas by the looks of it. Just look at the Sahara region.

Also worth noting with the map, the eastern edge in cut off and not complete like the other sides. We may get China at some point and put the two halves of the map together.

So there are interviews happening or being released now and one of the things being mentioned is the new Tech system. It is so much better and flavorful.

"Technology in Crusader Kings III is based around individual innovations split between different eras that trigger with set years. These can differ from culture to culture and range from ones unlocking new types of buildings or men-at-arms, to granting new succession types or increasing your ruler’s domain limit. Contact with other cultures can speed up the acquisition of certain innovations while the Cultural head – the ruler holding the most counties of a given culture – can also designate one Innovation as that culture’s Fascination, greatly reducing the time it takes to unlock it. Overall, the new approach to this system feels much more involved and lets you better target specific improvements for your realm, the long unlock time adding extra weight to your decisions".

1589476680541.png

So there are interviews happening or being released now and one of the things being mentioned is the new Tech system. It is so much better and flavorful.

"Technology in Crusader Kings III is based around individual innovations split between different eras that trigger with set years. These can differ from culture to culture and range from ones unlocking new types of buildings or men-at-arms, to granting new succession types or increasing your ruler’s domain limit. Contact with other cultures can speed up the acquisition of certain innovations while the Cultural head – the ruler holding the most counties of a given culture – can also designate one Innovation as that culture’s Fascination, greatly reducing the time it takes to unlock it. Overall, the new approach to this system feels much more involved and lets you better target specific improvements for your realm, the long unlock time adding extra weight to your decisions".

1589476680541.png
I'm very excited to see the new culture mechanics and the culture dev diaries.

So, I don't know if this is a very used strategy for the byzzies, but I discovered that before you change the concil law to "council war declarations", you can use it to start multiple wars at the same time

For example, starting in 769 AD as the byzantine empire, I declare war on Bulgaria for strymon, on all the slavic states in greece and in Cilicia, then switch to concil war declaration on the following day. Such a move allows a faster consolidation of power, especially if you allow the defensive pacts to be formed in your game rules, because on that way you can only grab two targets before being stopped for years.

Last edited:
Is it bad if I say the only thing I cared about in this Dev Diary is the fact they've improved the way Heraldry works in their game?

So I am thinking of doing an AAR in India once ck3 comes out. The goal being to unite India, keep india religiously diverse so that India would be filled with the different hindu faiths, Jain faiths and some buddhist faiths while trying to keep out the Islamic conquerers. Then maybe just maybe trying to make central asia buddhist as I set up buffer states; probably the hardest goal :p

I do wonder which of the Hindu faiths would be interesting for this run, alas we don't know what their tenets are.

Looks like they've made Celtic Christianity its own separate religion, at least on a de facto basis. May not be historically accurate, but I can handle some artistic license. It certainly wouldn't be the first creative liberty they've taken.

I didn't see that anywhere, was it in images I've missed?

Also I do think Celtic Christianity is always a constantly revisited topic in terms of the extant of its existence so it's not a big deal really.