Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

For any who are interested, in CK2, there is a realm in Central Asia, called the Hvanma, a Vajrayana Buddhist Saka-Tocharian realm. It is present in the 756 start date and if I am not mistaken, comprises the oldest history in terms of holders of said title. Going back to the First century CE, as the same dynasty ruling the area as vassals and enforcers of the Kushan empire.

It would be interesting to see some flavour for this state in its inheritance as the successors of the Vishta vassals of the old Kushan and Hepthalite empires. Perhaps some unique formables and some buffs to showcase its successes in uniting much of western Tocharia and and other Saka lands prior to its downfall against the Qhara-Qhanids from 1006-1016 CE.

For any who are interested, in CK2, there is a realm in Central Asia, called the Hvanma, a Vajrayana Buddhist Saka-Tocharian realm. It is present in the 756 start date and if I am not mistaken, comprises the oldest history in terms of holders of said title. Going back to the First century CE, as the same dynasty ruling the area as vassals and enforcers of the Kushan empire.

It would be interesting to see some flavour for this state in its inheritance as the successors of the Vishta vassals of the old Kushan and Hepthalite empires. Perhaps some unique formables and some buffs to showcase its successes in uniting much of western Tocharia and and other Saka lands prior to its downfall against the Qhara-Qhanids from 1006-1016 CE.
I haven't played Hvamma but I have played their close neighbours Kashgar who share many of the same characteristics and can confirm that they are, once you get strong enough to deter the Muslim jihads, a very fun campaign.

I haven't played Hvamma but I have played their close neighbours Kashgar who share many of the same characteristics and can confirm that they are, once you get strong enough to deter the Muslim jihads, a very fun campaign.

Yes, it is a realm that reminds one the days of antiquity in Central Asia.It is a slice of the past from the old Kushan empire, and would most likely have kept records of some of these events and systems. Thus, it would be interesting if some sort of modification would exist that expanded these realms, the successors of the old-Kushan realm into somethign that possessed unique kingdom titles for creation and an imperial title upon reaching a certain realm size. Indeed, it would be an interesting alternative counter-Islam play to the common 'Zoroastrian' playthrough; a revived Kushan styled central Asian-Hindustan empire instead of a revived Eranshahr

Yes, it is a realm that reminds one the days of antiquity in Central Asia.It is a slice of the past from the old Kushan empire, and would most likely have kept records of some of these events and systems. Thus, it would be interesting if some sort of modification would exist that expanded these realms, the successors of the old-Kushan realm into somethign that possessed unique kingdom titles for creation and an imperial title upon reaching a certain realm size. Indeed, it would be an interesting alternative counter-Islam play to the common 'Zoroastrian' playthrough; a revived Kushan styled central Asian-Hindustan empire instead of a revived Eranshahr
No modification necessary, actually; Charlemagne already allows you to create custom kingdom and imperial titles (the latter is probably more useful here), and the customization pack allows you to rename titles freely. Plus, there's an achievement for starting as the Count of Mohadavasaka in 769 and recreating the Hepthalite Empire, which covered many of the territories of the Kushan Empire.

No modification necessary, actually; Charlemagne already allows you to create custom kingdom and imperial titles (the latter is probably more useful here), and the customization pack allows you to rename titles freely. Plus, there's an achievement for starting as the Count of Mohadavasaka in 769 and recreating the Hepthalite Empire, which covered many of the territories of the Kushan Empire.

Oh is there? Well, still would be nice to see some more ‘love’ towards the concept. As someone very interested in the Kushan Empire both in its Hindu and its Central Asian components.

Since next week I think we are going to get all the doctrines(or a good number of them) I think I might be able to create the different Slavic faiths I made up for my ck2 AAR before, where I went rather in depth in the world building of the Slavic faith but accurately could be described as its own religious group with different faiths. It was fun. So I will see if I can recreate that in CK3. :p

After half a dozen tries, I finally managed to form the Holy Roman Empire as Karl!

...only for my heir to piss around Paris for thirty years before being murdered (admittedly, he did discover heliocentrism, so...), then his heir managed to live for exactly one year before dying of dysentery. Oh, and since that heir had no sons (never mind the nephews, cousins...), that was game over. Yay.

Screw this, I'm going back to that cheat game I started where I had ten million bucks and was just doing whatever the hell I felt like.

I ended up actually going back to Karl, but as a cheater; first I gave myself ten million bucks, then I changed my age and cheated my way into immortality (along with Karl's mother and his wife, the ever lovely Desiderata), along with giving him a bit of a stat boost (mostly in learning) and doing the same for his wife. This has proven actually quite fun, in the mold of a kid kicking around a sandbox, so I'm planning on continuing it up to at least the first crusade, if not the whole nine yards. It helps that once I got the HRE out to my intended borders (of basically the WRE minus Britain and Italy from the Papal States southwards) I've been rather passive and mostly watching the AI do stuff as opposed to conquering everything in sight (besides northern Africa, anyway, somewhat out of necessity after one of my vassals started conquering in that direction). My main annoyance is that my vassals in Saxony, Germany, and Bavaria keep trying to nibble away at the Slavic east, which I don't want. Also, my wife (who has become the Queen of Italy) keeps trying to conquer the Papal States, which I also don't want (I want them as a buffer between me and Sicily). I'm just counting the days until I can pass the Vassal Wars Forbidden law, to be honest. The weird thing is that I'd be fine allowing internal wars, I just don't want them conquering to expand my domains, but there's no "Internal Wars Only" law.

I learned from this experience, incidentally, that immortality also preserves a woman's fertility eternally, if she's young enough to have not gone through menopause. Karl and Desiderata have had, like, thirty or forty kids by this point, more or less one every other year or even a bit more frequent. They are randy little rabbits. What makes this even funnier is that Desiderata has been Fat and Obese most of this time. You can connect the dots here, I think

Another thing I learned is that if you somehow contract the kind of disease that doesn't go away on its own as an immortal person, you're pretty much doomed to suffer until God (aka console commands) takes it away for you. Desiderata has repeatedly developed cancer, whereas for Karl's part he's somehow developed Great Pox at least twice despite definitely not sleeping with anyone other than his wife (I mean, like I said, a kid pretty much every other year. Think about it!), who does not have Great Pox. Lunatic and Possessed are also fun, since they're so difficult to get rid of. I really wouldn't want to be immortal without the console, in all honesty, just so I can take care of those kinds of things.

ZW75c31Z_o.jpg

Started as Haesting of Retz, and ended up here. I think this is the third or fourth achievement I've got using the same starting character.

So I decided to used the 769 bookmark to play as Charlemagne, where I manage to unite most of Western Europe under the Empire of Francia. Francia holds together just fine over the intervening decades. One of the subsequent rulers marries a Byzantine princess. I think nothing of it, even when their son (who eventually takes over Francia) gets a weak claim on the Byzantine Empire.

Well some disgruntled vassals in the Byzantine Empire decide to revolt to press my claim on the empire . . . and win! After beating back a counter-revolt, I now control both Francia and the Byzantine Empire! Take a look at the map . . . (click the pic for a larger view)

I've controlled both empires for a bit now, and I have been slowly converting Byzantine vassals and their territory to Catholicism. The Pope no doubt is pleased that that budding "schism" in the east is steadily being eradicated. I'm not sure how long this will last - especially since the Byzantine's elective succession rules are still in effect - but ruling most of the Christian world is pretty good imo

Last edited:
What mod is this? ATE's map cuts off most of upper NA so I know it isn't that but this mod looks incredible

Guy above said it, but yeah, Sons of Vinland. Adds multiple new cultures (Including a Native/Norse melting pot culture), several Native religions and unique events for both Natives and Norse colonists. Apparently the maker of it is working on making it compatible with the EU4 converter too.