Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Does anyone else have the bug in HIP where one of the provinces mysteriously defects to being independent right at the start of the game? It's been weirdly happening for my games for a while now, and I don't know how to fix it.

The Pope decided to launch a Crusade on me while I was helping those damned Catholics fight their Children's Crusade to take back Jerusalem from the Seljuks. I got my revenge by defeating him and taking Rome for the Orthodox church.

Also, still waiting on this guy to die. His first wife died like ten years ago in the game. And he's survived so many diseases and injuries.

XssXY0h.png

Im not sure if thats a blessed or cursed portriat mod... Also, from what part of the map I can see, everything looks remarkably non bordergory

You know, having just beaten back an attempted Aztec invasion as a recently-ascended Caliph, I'd like to see the possibility of a Native American culture other than the Aztecs invading the Old World. Maybe there could be an RNG to determine which one?

You know what I'd like to see in CK2? A 632 bookmark.

Think about it: it's the aftermath of Muhammad's death, and Abu Bakr wants to prove himself the prophet's successor by defeating the Arab rebels, and then spreading his dominion outside Arabia. While this is going on, there's dissent among the Muslims, as there are some who believe Ali is their prophet's true successor.

Meanwhile, all is not well in the Sasanian Empire. Weakened and exhausted by two devastating wars - one against the Byzantine Empire, another between its own people - it seems grim days are ahead. An eight-year-old boy sits on the throne, and the power of the central authority is held by the empire's generals. Can the Sasanians pull themselves through these tough times, or is this the beginning of the end?

Even as the situation in the Middle East seems poised to change forever, other significant things are happening in Europe. Charibert II rules Aquitaine, but his grip on the throne seems insecure and there are rumors of schemes against him. Dagobert, the King of Austrasia, wages war against the Wends. And Kubrat, ruler of the Onoğundur–Bulgars, has just established a confederation, but the Pannonian Avars might not be happy about his success...

Honestly, having a 632 bookmark seems like a no-brainer, considering how historically significant the year was. It could be a good excuse to finally overhaul Islam, and maybe add some new religions (namely Arab paganism and the followers of the self-proclaimed prophets that started popping up at this time).

You know what I'd like to see in CK2? A 632 bookmark.

SNIP

Honestly, having a 632 bookmark seems like a no-brainer, considering how historically significant the year was. It could be a good excuse to finally overhaul Islam, and maybe add some new religions (namely Arab paganism and the followers of the self-proclaimed prophets that started popping up at this time).
I've been thinking that a date around 1010 would be a good one. It doesn't require a lot of new stuff, because it's already in the scope of the game, but there's plenty happening.

Brian Boru is tearing things up in Ireland, the Byzantines are beginning to dismantle the First Bulgarian Empire; with the help of a consolidating Hungary; the English are about to be attacked by Sven Forkbeard and Cnut; the Caliphate of Cordoba is starting to collapse.

Loads of interesting things occurring there. Not sure what's happening further East in that time frame.

I've been thinking that a date around 1010 would be a good one. It doesn't require a lot of new stuff, because it's already in the scope of the game, but there's plenty happening.

Brian Boru is tearing things up in Ireland, the Byzantines are beginning to dismantle the First Bulgarian Empire; with the help of a consolidating Hungary; the English are about to be attacked by Sven Forkbeard and Cnut; the Caliphate of Cordoba is starting to collapse.

Loads of interesting things occurring there. Not sure what's happening further East in that time frame.
HIP has a 1014 bookmark.

I played the first Paradox games, a long time ago, a time without kids, without a big house...

EU1 and EU2, HoI1 and HoI2, a little of Victoria and EU3... But never CK, and of course not CK2...

I looked at the price and the extensions of the game.

And I have a few questions please...

CK2 is here since 2012, I looked for the next version, seems to be here next year or maybe it's not official ?

Which extensions did I need for CK2 ?

Can I played the game without them, or i's better to have one or two at least ?

Where I can find the best sites to explain me the game apart the Paradox official site ?

Can you recommand me where to buy the game apart Steam ?

Thanks,

I played the first Paradox games, a long time ago, a time without kids, without a big house...

EU1 and EU2, HoI1 and HoI2, a little of Victoria and EU3... But never CK, and of course not CK2...

I looked at the price and the extensions of the game.

And I have a few questions please...

CK2 is here since 2012, I looked for the next version, seems to be here next year or maybe it's not official ?

Which extensions did I need for CK2 ?

Can I played the game without them, or i's better to have one or two at least ?

Where I can find the best sites to explain me the game apart the Paradox official site ?

Can you recommand me where to buy the game apart Steam ?

Thanks,
1) Nothing official yet;

2) Personally I would say Holy Fury (my favourite DLC so far), Way of Life and Conclave (and maybe Legacy of Rome and Sons of Abraham). You can safely ignore Republics (unless you want to play as them), Horse Lords and Sword of Islam (again unless you want to play as them, since they don’t add anything new to the gameplay).

3) Some of them really change the base game;

4) Ask other players or alternately watch a couple of videos on youtube.

5) Humble Bundle: base game plus all DLC for 15$. Additional stuff (like content pack or portrait) can also be found discounted there but are not necessary.

Way of Life, Conclave, Holy Fury, and Legacy of Rome are all considered essential, unlocking lifestyles, a more dynamic legal system, dynamic religion mechanics and bloodlines, and retinues (ESSENTIAL for late game!) respectively. Monks and Mystics (societies), Jade Dragon (China interaction), Old Gods (pagans and pagan reformation, MUCH better with Holy Fury!), and Sons of Abraham (Jews and some stuff for Catholics) are all also very important. Horse Lords, Rajahs of India, Sword of Islam, and Charlemagne are all niche but very fun if you like playing Mongols, India, Muslims, or want an early start date.

Reaper's Due, Sunset Invasion, and The Republic are less critical but very fun IMO. Sunset Invasion is ahistorical but at least provides a late-game challenge for western Europe.

Best place to buy is either Steam on a Winter or Summer sale (CK2 is generally given a 50-80% discount during those) or on Humble Bundle.

I don't really go for the content and portrait packs, but some people like those for immersion and don;t like that Paradox carves them out, which is fair enough.

Way of Life, Conclave, Holy Fury, and Legacy of Rome are all considered essential, unlocking lifestyles, a more dynamic legal system, dynamic religion mechanics and bloodlines, and retinues (ESSENTIAL for late game!) respectively. Monks and Mystics (societies), Jade Dragon (China interaction), Old Gods (pagans and pagan reformation, MUCH better with Holy Fury!), and Sons of Abraham (Jews and some stuff for Catholics) are all also very important. Horse Lords, Rajahs of India, Sword of Islam, and Charlemagne are all niche but very fun if you like playing Mongols, India, Muslims, or want an early start date.

Reaper's Due, Sunset Invasion, and The Republic are less critical but very fun IMO. Sunset Invasion is ahistorical but at least provides a late-game challenge for western Europe.

Best place to buy is either Steam on a Winter or Summer sale (CK2 is generally given a 50-80% discount during those) or on Humble Bundle.

I don't really go for the content and portrait packs, but some people like those for immersion and don;t like that Paradox carves them out, which is fair enough.
Conclave and Way of Life are the only two I don't play with. Conclave because I don't like the council system or favours and I prefer the old education system. Way of Life I skipped because I didn't want to deal with AI seduction focus, but I guess that can be turned off now.

Conclave and Way of Life are the only two I don't play with. Conclave because I don't like the council system or favours and I prefer the old education system. Way of Life I skipped because I didn't want to deal with AI seduction focus, but I guess that can be turned off now.
I have a blast with both--duel option from War focus is great, Learning focus's chance to drive you insane so you fight Cthulhu rocks, and seducing everything with a pulse is a hoot. The Council system is just so much more dynamic and immersive than the old legal system, too.

I have a blast with both--duel option from War focus is great, Learning focus's chance to drive you insane so you fight Cthulhu rocks, and seducing everything with a pulse is a hoot. The Council system is just so much more dynamic and immersive than the old legal system, too.
Conclave's interesting as a DLC because of how easy it is for players to have differing experiences with it. It seems to be the most polarizing DLC outside of the completely ludicrous Sunset Invasion.

Basically your mileage may vary with Conclave and it's possible to really love it or really not.

I think Lux Invicta could use some more religions. The Samaritans are an obvious one, and it couldn't hurt to have more sub-Saharan African religions either. Maybe an overhaul for the Greco-Roman stuff too, like adding other faiths. Orphism, Minoan and Mycenaean revivals, and some other stuff. They could add some Italic religions as well.

While we're at it, since we're already playing fast and loose with history, why not add some Satanic, occultic and "witchy" religions?

P.S. Sorry if I've read the Lux Invicta religious stuff I was linked to wrong.