Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

B-29_Bomber

Banned
I'm just a taaaad more alarmed by this tbh.

Everything is going according to plan then, desu...:p

Anyway, I'm trying to rename my custom empire as the Magyars.

I'm trying to play up my legitimacy as the successor to the Roman Empire of the East and assimilate Greek culture with Magyar culture.

I was thinking something starting with Basileia but I don't know what should go next.

29zsygl.png

Last edited:
It's a shame that all of the inbred children of my dynasty are dying so young thanks to becoming incapable. It's preventing me from seeing any of them as counts or dukes or kings.

On a related note, does HIP increase the odds of being inbred? I've never seen so many inbred traits come about from generations of inbreeding so quickly.

B-29_Bomber

Banned
4jueiv.png

Emperor Attila of Basileia Oungron is age 18. His heir is his father. His future wife, age 8, is his current ward and daughter of the king of Croatia and my cousin.

I am training my ward to be the perfect wife...:eek::rolleyes::p

Update: Killed my father since that rat bastard was holding onto Thrace.

My land! And no one else's!

Last edited:
So in that game I mentioned a page or so back about father-daughter incest, this is an update on the status of that game.
So like I said, I led the Duchy of Northumbria to forming the Kingdom of England with my father, King Aelfgar the Great, and in 932 I formed the Empire of Britannia with my current character, Emperor Aella the Strong.
I've basically removed the last bit of Pagan Norse presence in the British Isles by taking the Isle of Mann, which was a leftover province from the Norse-led Kingdom of Dublin after I pretty much wiped that off the face of the Earth.
On top of that, I have conquered Ostfriesland after forging a claim on it in the years after the breakup of the Carolingian Empire (more on that in a bit), and I took Dublin from the aforementioned Kingdom.

Here's a little screenshot of my current Empire:
3CD399DF5203B13BB39E9DBF4B4AF4CB9BF15A53

Meanwhile across the Channel, the Carolingian Empire broke up at some point in the 920s, I can't remember specifically when though, but I'll likely update this post once I find out.
Pretty much, France had already broken from the empire in a rebellion, and a few other duchies followed, including the Republic of Holland and the Duchy of Austria I believe.
At that point it all just kind of caved in on itself, and eventually it just broke up into a fucktonne of counties, duchies, and one or two kingdoms (some of which have only a few counties).
France as expected has arose as one of the more powerful successor states, as has the Kingdom of Aquitaine. Italy also broke away, and now my daughter is Queen of Italy after taking up a claim war, and she is herself married to the King of France, so her eldest child to him will inherit the thrones of France and Italy and unite them as one.

As you can see here, central Europe is completely and utterly Balkanized.
6BF8D983D26B493DC3382E763CD53B6D8CE384E5

The Byzantines have surprisingly struggled in this game. They took back Epirus from the Bulgarians, but have struggled in the east since then, which has led to a few severe rebellions, the latter two of which have led to a number of duchies becoming independent.
Funny enough, a Hungarian of the Arpad dynasty ended up taking the throne in a claim war, but he barely lasted more than a few years before he was himself removed from power. He now reigns as the Count of Constantinople, which has meant that the Byzantine capital is no longer at Constantinople.
Anyway, the guy who overthrew the Arpad was himself overthrown, and we now have a Greek emperor again, but the empire continues to suffer in the east, and I fear that the Muslim factions are going to capitalize on this mayhem by swallowing up those independent duchies before moving on to the empire itself.

Here's a screenshot of the broken Byzantine Empire:
10C633801A69010FCC5A9F96039C585145A5E01A

Is that a Franco-Italian Empire with Aquitaine separating it in the middle?
Yeah, it is. Kaiser Christoph von Hohenzonnier the Hunter propped up the Aquitaine in order to keep Karling Neustria down. It worked well until the Occitan Defeat and Frankish invasion of Lombardy. Another war was fought years later which returned Aquitaine to prominence, with the Hohenzonnier Dynasty allied, and liberated the Kingdom of Italy. The Kingdom of Lombardy however, at the time of Christoph's death, was held by one of his grandsons as a seperate kingdom withing the German Empire.

That's one hell of a balkanized Angleland.
Yeah, remember this is the Charlemagne start though. and the French never invaded due to me putting their asses down.
HA that's nothing. I once took over Ireland!
:rolleyes:

Anyway, here's another map... this time from 915.1.1

ck2_map_5.png

Didn't have to edit it now, so you can see the whole world. I'm personally only interested in Europe. I'll find a way to open the chronicle later. And I have a decent save date still on the books, so I can reopen the game and really play the game instead of going Hands-off like I am here.

ck2_map_5.png

B-29_Bomber

Banned
I currently don't have a pic but in my current Magyar game I finished off the Kingdom of Iconium as ruled by Despot Leon the Wicked of the Makedon Dynasty.

The last remaining Byzantine Free State is Epirus ruled by, you guess it, Despot Leon the Wicked. You'd think after the fall of Constantinople, after the Fall of Anatolia, his people would overthrow him and install someone more competent, but no.

Also, I have gone feudal and Miaphysite. The logic being the Emperor Attila is Cynical of the Tengri faith and sees Christianity as the future. He disregarded Catholicism and Orthodoxy as corrupt and decedent. However he saw a sort of elegant simplicity in the faith of the Armenians...

So, just how *boned* completely did the Byzantine Empire get screwed over in my playthrough circa 1240ish?
:eek:
(that me in the top left as the Wendish Empire/Poland...)

Also, now they're/have been Muslim for some time....

Also. I have a Claim on the HRE and was thinking of using it for the sole purpose of usurping it to release/give independence... However...theres is the slight issue/problem of the Golden Horde Doomstack sitting tight on my Border having nom nomed nearly all the other plain/steppe regions

So, just how *boned* completely did the Byzantine Empire get screwed over in my playthrough circa 1240ish?

Also, now they're/have been Muslim for some time....

How on earth did that come about? Ruled by a Muslim emperor of some Asian ethnicity who is a part of the Doukas dynasty?

Was that the result of a Holy War against the Byzantines or something?

And how much land does the Muslim Byzantine Empire rule over?

That's awesome :D I always wanted to see a Muslim Byzantine Empire.

This situation was so hilarious/brilliant that I couldn't help but share it.

Okay, so I'm the Byzantine Emperor. My wife has syphilis and I don't expect her to last very long, so I seduce a young Hungarian princess at my court.

I get the option to talk to one of her friends in order to get closer to her, and the friend turns out to be none other than my wife! :eek:

...and she's completely cool with me cheating on her! (a bug?)

B4C02421B58BC1975D2F4CFA194F6D93C90ADCB4

So cool in fact that we all end up having a threesome together! :cool:

Just then I remember...

A0390609714E3F3500652631479C438ECD6CA000

And she just had sex with us...

Well played Anne. Well played.

Lapsed Pacifist, that gave me a bit of a chuckle.

So did your character actually get syphilis? I'm not sure how it works in CKII and whether or not the trait is 100% certain to pass on. Presumably yes but, worth a check I think :)

Anyway, I think I found out exactly why the Byzantine Empire has been going through so much crap lately in my Empire of Britannia game. Check out their line of emperors and how much the succession has been screwed since Dezso of the Hungarian Arpad dynasty took over in 927.

32D67FA52058793E80C9C1EE7120AC3CD8323A73

That is 7 different successions in 20 years since Dezso first took the throne in 927.
Right there, there are two guys who've been emperor twice as a result of being overthrown and then being placed back on again either through some screwy inheritance thing, or through conquest (Dezso has been emperor twice by conquering the title, a very admirable feat indeed). TWO former emperors are imprisoned at the same time!

This is like the Byzantine equivalent of the Year of the Four Emperors, except it's 6 different emperors spread across 20 years.

No wonder so many duchies broke off, though Adrianople has since been reintegrated into the empire.

Also, Dezso has since died, the game is in 955 right now. His son has taken over instead, and he himself is suffering from a rebellion right now. Go figure.

By the way like I was saying, I have a claim on the HRE, can I press it and then dismantle it from within by granting everyone independence?