Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

I didn't see that anywhere, was it in images I've missed?

Also I do think Celtic Christianity is always a constantly revisited topic in terms of the extant of its existence so it's not a big deal really.
It was from the IGN press release videos.

No, it's in a forum post summarizing and detailing what we currently know about the game's tenets and religions.
I got it from the IGN videos. :) I am vyshan on the PDX forums btw.

The tenets of Insular are: Monasticism,Vows of Poverty, Pastoral Isolationism. Pastoral Isolationism makes them righteous to other christian faiths. Insular also has polygamy.

It was from the IGN press release videos.

I got it from the IGN videos. :) I am vyshan on the PDX forums btw.

The tenets of Insular are: Monasticism,Vows of Poverty, Pastoral Isolationism. Pastoral Isolationism makes them righteous to other christian faiths. Insular also has polygamy.

I remember you mentioning that, I do wonder if you don't mind me asking why you have such a different name.

I'm very excited to see the new culture mechanics and the culture dev diaries.

Hello, sir, I haven't seen you upload new comments for a bit.

So there are interviews happening or being released now and one of the things being mentioned is the new Tech system. It is so much better and flavorful.

"Technology in Crusader Kings III is based around individual innovations split between different eras that trigger with set years. These can differ from culture to culture and range from ones unlocking new types of buildings or men-at-arms, to granting new succession types or increasing your ruler’s domain limit. Contact with other cultures can speed up the acquisition of certain innovations while the Cultural head – the ruler holding the most counties of a given culture – can also designate one Innovation as that culture’s Fascination, greatly reducing the time it takes to unlock it. Overall, the new approach to this system feels much more involved and lets you better target specific improvements for your realm, the long unlock time adding extra weight to your decisions".

1589476680541.png

Do you think they'll have lots of different start dates for CK III, or just one like on Imperator: Rome and Victoria II?

Every. Single. Time.

Me: "I'm just gonna have a normal ck2 game this time. some roleplaying, some fun here and there, but overall I'll try to be a good ruler and not just take the craziest path possible"

Three Generations later

54453702FCFE34FDBAD109ABD11CC9A7C8A8104C

Last edited:
This new rework of the feudal contract system looks pretty cool. And from a roleplay perspective, it looks awesome.

And I can't wait to see how moddable it is.

This new rework of the feudal contract system looks pretty cool. And from a roleplay perspective, it looks awesome.

And I can't wait to see how moddable it is.

A day after the game is released:

"Hey guys, I modded a feudal contract into the game where your liege is paid in underage virgins rather than armies or money."

A day after the game is released:

"Hey guys, I modded a feudal contract into the game where your liege is paid in underage virgins rather than armies or money."
I was thinking more about the potential for Fantasy mods and other Total Conversions.

But yeah that's probably going to be among the first thing someone's gonna try to do if it's possible.

My ongoing Hispania game has had some weird religious conversions. The King of Denmark converted to Islam, for instance, which saw his realm quickly carved up among England, Sweden, and the HRE. More recently, Songhai came under the rule of a Catholic, which I wouldn't have noticed except that he donated a county to the Teutonic Knights. Their two pre-existing fortresses (not counting their original, now lost, location in Rovaniemi) are in Russia.

Also, I just messed up a cunning plot to help seize the Maghreb without too much Threat. One of my vassals had started a Holy War for one mostly-Almoravid-held duchy (Fes), so I decided to throw the might of my empire against the Almoravids for a different duchy (but really as a cobelligerent as well). But I forgot to make sure I was engaging the enemy quickly enough to keep them from securing victory in the original war, so I didn't get the synergy I desired.

My ongoing Hispania game has had some weird religious conversions. The King of Denmark converted to Islam, for instance, which saw his realm quickly carved up among England, Sweden, and the HRE. More recently, Songhai came under the rule of a Catholic, which I wouldn't have noticed except that he donated a county to the Teutonic Knights. Their two pre-existing fortresses (not counting their original, now lost, location in Rovaniemi) are in Russia.

Also, I just messed up a cunning plot to help seize the Maghreb without too much Threat. One of my vassals had started a Holy War for one mostly-Almoravid-held duchy (Fes), so I decided to throw the might of my empire against the Almoravids for a different duchy (but really as a cobelligerent as well). But I forgot to make sure I was engaging the enemy quickly enough to keep them from securing victory in the original war, so I didn't get the synergy I desired.
I could never understand why our TL medieval Europe never conquered the Maghreb... It seems a long easier that crusading half way around the known world!

Timeline of Major Events of the Crusades - The Sultan and The Saint

Attachments

• 1594523659752.jpeg
    1594523659752.jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 1594523679713.jpeg
    1594523679713.jpeg
    6.8 KB · Views: 150
Personally, if they had just rediverted there efforts to North Africa from the start, I think things would have gotten a lot diffrent.
There is no reason for them to do so. What possible motivation would there be for the English, Norwegians, Germans, Normans, Flemish, and others to go to North Africa? The holy land had an idea behind it that could and did motivate people, North Africa does not matter one bit go the northern half of Christendom. The while point of the Crusades was to get all Christendom working together to redirect efforts away from fighting each other and towards something the pope saw as productive. You can't do that with a place most don't care about. That's why only Germans went on the Baltic Crusade and by and large later Crusades at North Africa were from Spain, Italy, and southern France. They were regional concerns.