Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Tellus, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Cheddar Man Well-Known Member

From what I'm gathering, Paradox is basically doing what they did in the transition from EU3 to EU4, where they carried most of the DLC features over from the previous game, but stripped out ones that were poorly implemented, or badly received.

Bulldoggus likes this.
  2. interpoltomo please don't do coke in the bathroom

capitalism, and I mean in the sense of shareholder control/financialization, not market mechanisms.

note how paradox's game quality has gone to hell since they became a publicly traded company

Ice34 likes this.
  3. ByzantineCaesar Secretary-General of URSAL

I for one expect CK3 at launch to be as good as CK2 at present state. A sequel should at least match its predecessor. Otherwise what’s the point of a sequel? I don’t mean that every feature in CK2 should be in CK3, but the game should compensate with other content. The fact that we’re not even getting arifacts and Byzantine portraits really triggers me on its own. What’s next, bloodlines?

4. Flavius Iulius Nepos Emperor with the support of the East

This is worrying, I’ve always thought that byzantine portraits (and now also the french ones) were some of the best graphic addition to the game. I really wish that this new Crusader Kings can do justice to the empire both graphically and mechanic-wise.

Ice34 likes this.
  5. Bulldoggus Socially Guelph, Fiscally Ghibelline

Hot take: I'm really sick of everyone and their mum doing Roman Restoration for CK2. I get the appeal, but there are other ways to have fun.

Shiva likes this.
  6. Sevarics Beto for Texas

I will use whatever weeb anime portraits mod that gets made for CK3

haider najib likes this.
  7. Flavius Iulius Nepos Emperor with the support of the East

Like doing a Roman Restoration for EU4.

I would rather have everything that I need in the game rather than having to rely on mods (besides the new 3D model would make modding more difficult). I understand that they couldn’t do a proper job in CK2 with anything but French feudalism, but I would at least expect some improvements for anything east of the Adriatic in this new installment. Anyway it’s too early to complain and fingers crossed it will be even greater that its predecessor.

8. herkles Well-Known Member

So you want weeb anime portraits to be the default portrait style? :p

Kome and Sevarics like this.
  9. Bulldoggus Socially Guelph, Fiscally Ghibelline

Does anyone have the full background TL for Lux Invicta? I’ve been able to find most but not at all.

I like LI, but find it overfragmented. It should be like vanilla- you can either expand already-powerful entities or save ones on the back foot.

10. wcv215 Well-Known Member

You can play as someone other than the Byzantines? Since when?

Ice34 and Flavius Iulius Nepos like this.
  11. Flavius Iulius Nepos Emperor with the support of the East

Probably an error on my part. The message I was trying to convey is that I would rather see what I deem essential for the game already in the base version of it, rather than wait for moders to fix it. This includes having the gameplay as the empire feel completely different from a western european gameplay. They did a good job with the last expansion (Holy Fury) but I want to see more love for the Romans this time.
    Half of my gameplays started with Alexios Komnenos. That’s the only way we Byzantinophiles can play the game.

The Tai-Pan, herkles and Ice34 like this.
  12. herkles Well-Known Member

Yea, with that I agree. I am curious though PDX apparently said pagans will play significantly different in ck3 compared to ck2. any ideas what that might be like?

13. wcv215 Well-Known Member

Iconophile scum. Isaurians or nothing.

mayboro and Flavius Iulius Nepos like this.
  14. ByzantineCaesar Secretary-General of URSAL

Real Romans play the Melissenids in the 769 bookmark.

The Tai-Pan and Kome like this.
  15. Flavius Iulius Nepos Emperor with the support of the East

I don’t know since I rarely played as pagans in CK2. But if I have to guess I would say that they are going to mix the current pagan reformation system we have in CK2 with the new “prophet” mechanic. Something available for both Pagans and Christians to reform their faith/create new heresies. And from what I understand this new system will be heavily tied to characters and their focus of life. You will have to follow a precise spiritual path and only then you can reform your faith, at least that's my guess.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  16. Flavius Iulius Nepos Emperor with the support of the East

I really like the Isaurians and the late-antiquity feeling you can still breath in the VIII century, but unfortunately I don't think CK2 was (and CK3 will be) apt to simulate it. Maybe one day we will get the late roman games we deserve. Also give me back my icons, how else am I supposed to reach salvation?

17. herkles Well-Known Member

By worshiping Jupiter, Minerva, Juno and the rest?

After all for centuries the city of Rome remained unsaked but not long after Rome removed the alter dedicated to the goddess of victory, did the city get sake! coincidence? I think not. take that Christians :p

that actually makes me wonder how orthodoxy will be repersented in ck3 and what could be done to improve on it from ck2? :)

18. Flavius Iulius Nepos Emperor with the support of the East

Right there Court chaplain, that’s the guy.

Hope a thousand times better, the only reason I never converted to Catholicism as the Romans was because I hated the idea of the emperor subjected to the Pope. That and the power of excommunicating anyone I didn’t like. If they want to improve that they need to add way more interactions between emperor and patriarch/patriarchs, emperor and pope/crusaders, main orthodox empire and outlying orthodox kingdoms and so on. We need to feel the need to preserve our autonomy from a centralized church, to please the popular piety, to convene Ecumenical Council to preserve the Orthodox way and many other things. It can’t just be the “I convert to whatever religion I want, now do the same or die in my dungeon” thing we have already seen in CK2. Hope to see this in the game but the fact that they plan to make everything playable from start makes me think we will only have the most basic features at start that can be shared by any religious group in the game.

19. TheNerd_ Noobie History Entusiast

Playing my first CKII game as the Duke of Mumu and I've just won the crusade for Egypt!

20191027144114_1.jpg

Here's the Nephew, Dìmmae, who would later beat back a Jihad on a front and a holy war on another.

20191027144159_1.jpg

Count, JALC, Sevarics and 1 other person like this.
  20. Archduke Well-Known Member

So what's the news on CKIII?