Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Tellus, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Yorel Well-Known Member

Anywhere you want. Especially if you're using the parameters to set religions to be randomly localized.

2. racnor Member

Non-epidemic diseases are terrible at "more". It just feels random and unfun.

I've played a few fun games with more epidemics and deadly major epidemics though. It tends to result in more centralized realms and powerful vassals because the family trees get pruned. Also slows the game down because you can't really have a war once it sets in.

3. Oxander Stepping Lightly

Is there somewhere, other than the easily found wiki, that has a lot more detail on the After the End mod?

Death's Little Helper likes this.
  4. Neoteros Dux Mediolani

5. Tyler96 Well-Known Member

There'd be something on the Paradoxplaza forum, surely? Though you may need an account and to register the game to see it.

Oxander likes this.
  6. Sevarics Beto for Texas

Last night I started a game as Konstantinos Angelos, uncle in law do Ioannes Komnenos by his marriage to Theodora Komnena. Decided to make the Angeloi better but focusing on Italy instead of the Imperial Throne. So far Konstantinos has captured the island of Sicily from the Normans and Naples from the Spartenos dynasty. The Angeloi are going to focus on nabbing the other Norman Italian holdings and entrenching their power in Southern Italy, probably remaining loyal to and continuously intermarrying with the Komnenoi...

7. Sevarics Beto for Texas

When you give your sons titles and then they proceed to give their sons stupid names so you have to go into the save file to rename your grandkids properly

8. Yorel Well-Known Member

Seemed to me Paradox had given us a way to get around that relatively recently, with the possibility of renaming children. But I guess it doesn't work on characters from your dynasty that have a title.

But yeah, it's annoying when you're working hard to have your dynasty regularly pick names like Charles, Louis or John, only for the AI to randomly decide that one of your grandkids should be named Payen, Gargamel or Centule...

9. Sevarics Beto for Texas

There’s a mod that lets you rename any character so I might have to subscribe to it

10. Codae Well-Known Member

I've made it almost a hundred years in. Emperor Fernando I (called "the Great", which seems stupid, since his grandfather was also Fernando the Great) was succeeded by his only son Fernando II, who sired three sons. The eldest and the youngest both predeceased their father, and since the elder didn't sire any sons gavelkind demanded Fernando's possessions be split two ways, between Emperor Rodrigo I and his nephew.

However, I fear this contemporary map may show the Hispanian Empire at its greatest extent:
    ck2_map_1.png
    See, after his father successfully claimed Hungary, Fernando II kept on expanding the empire. A Christian faction rose up in France and deposed the Alcobacid king in favor of the Burgundians, and I made that guy's heir my vassal king of Galicia to ensure he would bring France into my realm. I granted Hungary to the heir to Poland, but that didn't go as smoothly:
    hungarianmonarchs.png
    Marcin actually suffered three simultaneous rebellions before he got Granada as a replacement title, inherited Poland, and made his triumphant return to Hungary. You can see a glimpse of the third one still ongoing in the background.

Finally, it happens that the deposed king of Norway married a Jimena matrilineally. The Norwegians elected a queen during the Second Crusade, and as soon as that was over armies came from Poland and Spain to impose the offspring of that marriage on the kingdom.

Speaking of Crusades, the First Crusade didn't really succeed in its long-term aims. It did install Martin Jimenez in Jerusalem, but not only did he eventually kneel again to the Fatimids, he ended up converting his household to Shia. Moreover, while German, Spanish, and Sicilian armies maneuvered in the deserts of Africa to fend off a great Sunni jihad, the Fatimids seized Anatolia from the Byzantines. The Second Crusade has established two new Christian states on former Fatimid territory, though, both ruled by Jimenas: the Kingdom of Egypt and the Duchy of Boukellarion.

Unfortunately for this glorious map-painting, though, there's an independence faction brimming. It contains the King of France-Galicia, the King of Poland-Granada-Hungary, the King of Norway, and several other vassals, and has a threat level above 100%...

11. Sevarics Beto for Texas

Unfortunately right after I took these screenshots, the Komnenid Emperor died and everyone elected my character the new Emperor in a middle of the war.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Champion likes this.
  12. Sevarics Beto for Texas

Can confirm that the Rename Anyone mod is great

13. Sevarics Beto for Texas

The Pope decided to launch a Crusade on me while I was helping those damned Catholics fight their Children's Crusade to take back Jerusalem from the Seljuks. I got my revenge by defeating him and taking Rome for the Orthodox church.

Also, still waiting on this guy to die. His first wife died like ten years ago in the game. And he's survived so many diseases and injuries.

[​IMG]

Shiva and The Champion like this.
  14. Darth Revan Warlock First Class

Humble Bundle currently has CK II and all the DLC in a bundle for $15. If anyone is missing the DLC, I suspect this is the cheapest they are going to be for a very long time.

I was finally able to get all of the DLC, which was nice.

The base game + 5 DLC is in a lesser bundle for $1 (if $15 is too much).

15. Sithlent Professional Wikipedia Reader

The Land of Odd Future and ya boi Kendrick
    Does anyone else have the bug in HIP where one of the provinces mysteriously defects to being independent right at the start of the game? It's been weirdly happening for my games for a while now, and I don't know how to fix it.

16. Saint Leibowitz Active Member

Im not sure if thats a blessed or cursed portriat mod... Also, from what part of the map I can see, everything looks remarkably non bordergory

Admiral A. Kolchak likes this.
  17. Sevarics Beto for Texas

Anime Portraits mod is the only way to play CK2

Kome and Saint Leibowitz like this.
  18. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

Hey at least everybody no longer looks eye-blisteringly inbred. I mean, they still are, but I don't really like the base game portraits.

Sevarics likes this.
  19. Night Gaul Well-Known Member

Oh please, they're not real anime portraits until you have people with impossible hair and eye colors.

GJohn902 likes this.
  20. Mort the Reaper Well-Known Member

You know, having just beaten back an attempted Aztec invasion as a recently-ascended Caliph, I'd like to see the possibility of a Native American culture other than the Aztecs invading the Old World. Maybe there could be an RNG to determine which one?