Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Tellus, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Arcvalons The internationale unites the world in song.

Generally good. Iconoclasts however probably should not be able to comission religious art. Also Muslims require a huge overhaul in general, they haven't been touched since Sword of Islam which was the first DLC, while Christians and Pagans have gotten several updates dedicated to them. Things like multiple competing caliphates, decadence overhaul, actual succession laws, societies beyond the hasshassins, iqta overhaul, etc

Worffan101 likes this.
  2. Worffan101 Ain't done nothing if I ain't been called a Red

I want a sufi mystic secret society! Or, well, kinda monastic order I guess.

3. Neoteros Dux Mediolani

I've started a campaign as the Count of Parma (the founder of the House di Canossa), except I won't expand through Chancellor claims unless my ruler will be a martially inclined one. My first ruler, Sigifredo (889-948) seized the Duchy of Modena through a plot, and will inherit the county of Modena once the previous duke will die childless in his cell. My current ruler, Adalberto, married his heir to the sister of the count of Lucca, and then murdered his daughter in law's brother. Lucca will be ruled by the Duchy of Modena once the di Canossa heir will inherit.

4. Neoteros Dux Mediolani

And, the possibility to adhere to one school of jurisprudence or another, as an extension of the current school of thought system.

Worffan101 likes this.
  5. herkles Well-Known Member

I know that HIP adds quite a bit for muslims, but I would love to see the sucession laws to be open up for alternatives. But yea, there needs to be some more for Muslims.

There is a mod that does add that.

Yea, I want that. I mentioned on the other page a way that could be implemented.

Worffan101 likes this.
  6. Ice34 Well-Known Member

Has it been updated?

7. herkles Well-Known Member

Yup. Golden1 is up to the Iron Century DLC. Though be aware that the map module, SWMH, does not have the Iron Century Start Date. it does however have other start dates in the 10th century, including the reign of Cnut.

That said, I haven't updated because of an AAR I am running as a pagan Russia which I started before Iron Century was released. :)

Ice34 likes this.
  8. Drunkrobot Well-Known Member

Just spent 17 years as a count under the duke of Flanders, intending to get control of the ducky so I could make a bid for the Defender of the Holy Sepulchre achievement (basically taking the kingdom of Jersusalem). I get the oppurtunity to war my liege for the duchy. I get the warscore up to 100%, all I have to do is click a buttom and I'm duke. There's somebody else invading the duke for the title, I decide "What the hell, I'll crush him too now that I have my allies together and everything." In the middle of the battle which would end this other army, I die of cancer, ending my war for the title and splitting the counties I have between my sons.

9. Neoteros Dux Mediolani

I have reached 1066 from the Iron Century bookmark; my first ruler was Sigifred di Canossa, Count of Parma; since then, I never used the Chancellor to fabricate claims, and only expanded by pressing claims for my relatives and vassals or through plots.

Dukes of Modena
    Duke Sigifred I "the Usurper" (889-948, ruled for 59 years) - a pious man who started the family tradition of lay Dominican membership; his claim to the Duchy of Modena was backed through a plot, due to the fact that his liege lord was a child, and he then seized the Duchy of Modena for himself.
    Duke Adalberto I "the Just" (948-985, ruled for 37 years) - a pilgrim who took part in the Crusade for Aquitaine; he did not even try to expand, preferring to administer his small realm and worship the Lord; he was beatified soon after his death.
    Duke Adalberto II "the Terrible" (985-992, ruled for 7 years) - even though he was as zealous as his father and his grandfather, he was also an impaler and a sodomite; he died of cancer not even a decade into his reign, as punishment for his sins, but not before the marriage of his heir to the ruler of Lucca, a marriage that added a coastal province to the Modenese realm.
    Duke Vincentello I "the Cruel" (992-1008, ruled for 16 years) - not just an even crueler man than his father, but also wroth, proud and lustful; rumours about his deals with Lucifer persist to this day. He died of cancer at the age of 33, before he could do much to endanger the Duchy of Modena as much as he ruined his soul.
    Duke Vincentello II (1008-1023, ruled for 15 years) - inherited the Duchy of Modena at the age of 12 and, unlike his father and grandfather, lived a pious life, even taking part in the failed Crusade for Jerusalem; before dying during an epidemic, he struck marriage alliances with the powerful ducal families of Ivrea and Tuscany, and was able to push a bastard son's claim to the Duchy of Milan. ​

Emperors of Italia
    Emperor Vincentello I "the Usurper" (1023-1056, ruled for 33 years) - he took part in the second Crusade for Aquitaine, but not before reaping what his father had sown: capitalizing on his alliance with the ducal family of Ivrea, he seized the Duchy of Tuscany, due to the aforementioned dynastic ties and then, when the throne of Italy was seized by the bastard Duke of Milan through a plot, he pushed a claim of his own, making the main line of the di Canossa prevail. In the following years, he added three other crowns - Romagna, Sardinia and Corsica and Sicily - to his list of titles, and began to style himself Emperor soon afterwards. However, his seizure of the Papal States resulted in his excommunication.
    Emperor Gian I "the Carpenter" (1056-1109, ruled for 53 years) - strong and zealous, he's the most martial member of the House di Canossa so far: he faced the Umayyads in two wars, alongside the rest of Christendom, and built a lasting legacy through his patronage of the Church; after the end of his campaigns against the infidel, he vassalized Venice, turned the kingdoms of Arles and Germany into tributaries, and married his heir to the Queen of Aquitaine, creating a de facto di Canossa empire in central Europe. He was beatified after his death, and might be soon made a saint.

[​IMG]

Arcvalons likes this.
  10. Arcvalons The internationale unites the world in song.

Historical Grand Strategy

[​IMG]

Whiteshore, Gladsome, Soup and 6 others like this.
  11. Worffan101 Ain't done nothing if I ain't been called a Red

I love CK2 so much...you should put this on the CK2 strange screenshot thread on the PDX forums!

12. Rognvald Höfundur á Sögur

Played for five minutes on the 1066 start... Harold and William confronted each other on the field, and killed each other in a chaotic duel.

Pretty epic.

13. Talkie_Toaster Well-Known Member

Did Harald get the crown by default then?

14. Rognvald Höfundur á Sögur

No. Harold’s eldest son did. It ended the Norman war by default, though.

15. Rognvald Höfundur á Sögur

Holy shit, I forgot how epic Norse characters can be.

I just played Sigurd Ring and Ragnar Lothbrook, and damn it was fun.

I roleplayed Sigurd as an ambitious ruler, with goals of conquest. It started out as simply a conquest of Sweden, but then I saw an opportunity to force the Danes to yield. By then, Sigurd’s reputation was already high enough among the Norse that the petty Norwegians submitted to vassalisation. After that, it was just waiting to craft that high prestige for that custom Imperial title.

Ragnar, on the other hand, couldn’t have cared less about expanding the already established Empire. He was all about Glory, fighting and raiding on foreign shores and becoming heavily involved in the Wolf Warriors (who were headed initially by his MOM). He would fight countless duels, eventually honing his skills to a personal combat skill high of 167 (!). When the chance came to create the reformed Norse religion, Ragnar opted for autonomy- he didn’t want religious authority. He would eventually die a Legend after going on a rampage through the Byzantine Empire, slaying several of the best duelists they had before succumbing to his wounds.

16. Neoteros Dux Mediolani

Did anyone here ever set epidemic and non-epidemic diseases to "More", and how did it go? Did it break the game, or...?

17. frustrated progressive Insert Witticism Here Monthly Donor

Traffic,Heat,Crime,Poverty, Still Paradise (LA)
    Idea: instead of the rather boring white-skull “died in battle” for people killed in tournaments, maybe it should say something like, “died in tourney”?

18. Neoteros Dux Mediolani

I kinda want to try out HIP now that I've downloaded some performance mods that might help me to run it decently.

Any good character to try? I'm especially looking for a dynasty founder. :)