Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Tellus, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Ice34 Well-Known Member

How "finished" is it?

2. Sevarics Resident Texas Gay

Ice34 likes this.
  3. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

New start date coming, as a free update. 936.

4. haider najib Well-Known Member

Anything interesting about this?

5. AvatarOfKhaine Eldar God of War

England just formed etc?

Isn't this also when that mod of the Iranian Intermezzo was? I think there was some Zoroastrian ruler at the time.

I think Bulgaria is also independent and an Empire during this period.

6. haider najib Well-Known Member

Jesus i stopped playing since holy fury came out due to a bug on the only campaign i wanted to do and know i come back what have i missed? Why is there talks of fortresses etc is there a new dlc coming out?

Ice34 likes this.
  7. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

Otto, sometimes known as Otto the Great, has been King of Germany for just over a month in the start date.
    Not one known. But the 3.1 patch added 'Great Works', special holdings like the Hagia Sophia, the Lighthouse of Alexandria and Petra.

Ice34 likes this.
  8. haider najib Well-Known Member

So buildings? can you build them do they give buffs etc what do they do i've missed so much.

9. King_Arthur The Once and Present King

I've heard that CK2 and HOI4 are a lot more beginner friendly than EU4 and Vicky 2. Is that correct?

10. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

Kinda. You can build them, although they take a very long time to build, they're something of a thing for dynasties to work on more so than characters. They have a slot of their own in provinces (only one by province), and can have features built for them - you can build a fancy throne room in your Royal Palace, for example.

11. haider najib Well-Known Member

they take up a settlement spot?

Got another question the mods i run are Sins visit chambers, choose your first wife, gift troops, join all wars, and middle eastern music. most of my mods won't break game but i got a question without mod can can you join all wars or do i need a mod for that?

12. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

No, they have a separate slot.

You need a mod to join all wars.

13. Tyler96 Well-Known Member

I believe the Iranian Intermezzo guy was tapped on the shoulder to help with the new update.

The Zoroastrian guy people are speculating about is Mardavij, but he was assassinated in 935 and succeeded by his Muslim brother Vushmgir. Zoroastrianophiles were hoping that either the start date was actually 935, or that Vushmgir will have Zoroastrian vassals/family members.

cpip and Death's Little Helper like this.
  14. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

The start date has specifically been stated to be the 7th of August 936, alas.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Tyler96 likes this.
  15. haider najib Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie im actually pissed Mecca has no great work for the Kaaba, yet notre dame exist in game also Petra but you know the fucking most important building in islam, second most important religion in the game (you know what i mean the main 'antagonist' to the crusaders). The house of god where the decision to the Hajj in game takes you doesn't exist in game, but fucking Petra a largely forgotten place gets represented. Also great mosque of Cordoba but you know fuck actually anything Muslim related in terms of great works.

16. ByzantineCaesar Secretary-General of URSAL

I agree, but didn’t they put the Notre Dame there because of the fire?

haider najib likes this.
  17. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

Notre Dame is there in large part because of the fire, it should be said. But yes, the Great Mosque of Cordoba is a suggestion that should be fairly easy to implement. I can see them having problems with deciding how to implement Kaaba, both from taste and in work-investment perspectives, but there already is a Great Mosque great work type, so Cordoba should be no harder than Konark (although TBF about Konark that one might be because otherwise there's no historic Great Works at all in that area of the map). There is, one could argue, the House of Wisdom, but that is only Muslim related if you know its history from outside the game and usually being under Muslim control in-game.

CtrlAltHistory likes this.
  18. haider najib Well-Known Member

The Kaaba has been sacked before even by muslims, so theres no taste problem also work investment its a cube and its Islam there leaving one of the major religions fucked doing that. Also the great work in Rome i guarantee if less well known than the Kaaba. Muslims are obliged to go to it yet it gets no great work. The Kaaba is very important it gives legitimacy as your the custodians and power to be the caliph also to control the Hajj.

Death's Little Helper likes this.
  19. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

With taste I meant more exactly how it should be represented, what boni it should grant, what its features should be, that kind of things. There is also the question of if there should be a Kaaba-esque Great Work type for it to be an historic version of, or if it should be truly unique in a way none of the other historic Great Works are.
    With work investment I meant that if you look at the historic great works they all correspond to a standard type - Notre Dame is pretty much a Great Cathedral, the Apostolic Palace is like a Royal Palace, Petra is like an Underground City, and so on. But what would the Kaaba be? None of the currently existing ones stand out as all that appropriate, so they'd have to make a new type, which is (pretty considerably, for artists) more work.

20. Worffan101 Ain't done nothing if I ain't been called a Red

Agreed, one of the things I've really wanted to do is do a Shi'a run from 769, and having the Kaaba in-game would make taking control from the Sunnis and becoming the majority sect more entertaining.

haider najib likes this.