Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Tellus, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Sevarics Beto for Texas

Posted these in PolChat so might as well post them here

Thoresby, Ice34 and Shiva like this.
  2. The Tai-Pan The Pagemaster

Kill them all.

Thoresby likes this.
  3. Sevarics Beto for Texas

The only male dynast left who isn’t the son/grandson of my king (all of which were children when their eldest brother was assassinated and therefore innocent) is my King’s brother but he will be imprisoned soon enough.

Don’t know if I’ll go for the female dynasts or just banish them all. Because of all the cousin marriages, most of them lost brothers, husbands, etc in the great purge.

The Tai-Pan likes this.
  4. Lord Hierarch Well-Known Member

I named an heir Godragon. God + Dragon. Thought it was cool.

Fiddld with a branch in Spain, checked back on France and saw it had been split in five. Switched fulers and found Godragon 4 in Brittany where I'd started.

5. Sevarics Beto for Texas

I’m surprised the AI kept Goddragon for four generations

Bonnie Prince Charlie likes this.
  6. Lord Hierarch Well-Known Member

I'm surprised I became king of Brittany, France, Leon, Castile and Valencia in less than 100 years. Then lost it all in roughly the same time.

7. Sevarics Beto for Texas

My kings have a tendency to die within 10 years of gaining the throne.

Damn assassinations.

8. CaekDaemon The Dragon Commander

Been playing a bit more lately as I've been busy with other stuff (and working on my mod :p) and had a run as the Eastern Roman Empire in the Charlemagne start. My first Basileus had a game stabilizing the empire and destroying the Iconoclasts, and died in his forties as the master of a stabilized realm...but his secondborn son was literally a child of destiny within ten years of the game start, and the Roman Imperial Government system allowed me to select him as my heir. Said heir has taken over, and has such ungodly stats that he's bulldozed everyone. Abbasid was blown in half in one war, as the Child of Destiny gets infinite uses of the invasion casus belli, so you can conquer whoever you want whenever you want, and take not just the kingdom it says on the war declaration, but all occupied territory. If you want, you can occupy an entire empire and annex it outright. But along the way after taking back Italy, the man got the immortality event line and succeeded and now I've got an immortal child of destiny rebuilding the Roman Empire, with the organizer trait that lets his armies advance like a goddamn mechanized division from HoI when it gets the multipliers off his insane martial.

This has let me do this...

[​IMG]

...by 874. To get around the defensive pact mechanic, I'm going to declare war on Aquitaine and France (got a mod in for cultural names, so its called Frankrich - alas, it didn't do anything to my Rome other than change province names) and take them both on simultaneously, so I can annex the entirety of those realms in one war, and then finally go for Khazaria who has been beneath my notice for a very, very long time, but I want to connect the whole empire by land as well as by water. A small downside, though, is that mending the great schism (actually one of the biggest historical ball drops in CK, as the actual schism didn't happen till 1054) has actually caused a drop in the moral authority of Orthodoxy, as the realms of the north that converted to it by the event keep getting creamed by the Norse. I'm going to go in there and clean the place out soon enough, so that won't be a problem for much longer, but it is making the conversion of that much territory a pain in the ass. On the plus sid,e I was able to do it mega quick to the Middle East proper, but I haven't been able to do North Africa just yet, so converting all that to the faith and to the Roman culture is gonna be a long term focus.

For now, though, I'm content to just build up for five years, then reclaim Gaul and Illyria. After that, Britannia, and then - hang on a moment: immortal, Anatolian, legendary conqueror, has a double headed eagle...oh snap, its the Emperor of Mankind! :p

9. Yorel Well-Known Member

Glory to the Emperor's Name! May He Protect Us All!

10. Worffan101 Ain't done nothing if I ain't been called a Red

Jesus.

By 910, my Blood of Alexander dynasty that has friends in China who shattered the abbablob for me has managed Italy, half of Spain, 3/4 of France, parts of Germany, Hungary, Romania, the Balkans, Georgia, the duchy of Derbent, and bits of Arabia and northern Africa. Recently nabbed Egypt in a GHW and Persia in a lucky invasion by one of my vassals.

No immortals yet (though in my Norseheim über alles run I had an immortal Fylkja Bjorg who liked kidnapping and raping young men in her '90s and then did the blood eagle with them to sate her Impaler desires, then died in battle against the Khagan of the immense Ashina khaganate during a nomad invasion at the age of 103 in single combat by a freak accident), but hopefully I'll get there by the 13th century or so.

It should be noted that the formal Catholic-Orthodox split was preceded by a significant period of schism in which secular authority was favored by Rome vs. Constantinople, which actually sort of justifies the mend schism decision because that represents the ERE gaining power over Rome and basically making the Pope do whatever the Emperor demands.

Whiteshore and The Champion like this.
  11. Yorel Well-Known Member

For those interested, the Game of Thrones mod has been updated to version 1.9. Most of the changes seem to be Canon-related, though there are also a few bugfixes here and there.

Also, Elder Kings is now on version 0.2.3, which means it's now compatible with Holy Fury.

12. AvatarOfKhaine Eldar God of War

What are these canon changes in the Game of Thrones mod?

13. ThatOneGuy Fite me m8, swer on me mum

President of the South Carolinian Republic
    Yeah, the canon additions made in Fire and Blood had been put in

14. Marse Lee Well-Known Member

What's the name of the cultural names mod? I've always found it annoying when, for example, Bedouins take over Constantinople and the name stays the same. Thanks.

15. DracoLazarus Master of Punkind

The Basileus Protects !

16. Yorel Well-Known Member

According to the latest Dev Diary, the next update and DLC will be called Great Works. It's scheduled to be released on April 2nd.

As has been advertised in previous diaries, it basically will give the player the option to build Wonders: Grand Palaces, Cathedrals, Pyramids, Mausoleums, Statues and Lighthouses have been shown and I imagine there is more. They also come with nice 3D graphics to show you've built something.

The most interesting part though is that it's apparently going to be a free update.

Worffan101 likes this.
  17. DracoLazarus Master of Punkind

Oh nice.
    How many people do you think will want to get a Lighthouse in Alexandria ?

Worffan101 likes this.
  18. ByzantineCaesar Secretary-General of URSAL

DLC? They said it would be free.

19. Yorel Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it won't be already built in: the Lighthouse itself was only abandonned after the final earthquake that destroyed it in 1323. And I vaguely remember reading that some wonders would already be existing.

If not... Well, this is CK2, a game where players can reform the Roman Empire and reform the Old Hellenic Religion... Of course players are going to rebuild the Lighthouse in Alexandria.
    Hell, I'm not even sure someone won't try to build a Pyramid in Norway...
    I did say it was going to be free. Free DLCs can be a thing: Paradox even technically already did one with Songs of Yuletide.

It's possible it's not a DLC and I misunderstood. But they released an artwork ahead of the annoucement and they generally only do that for DLCs, even small ones. Plus, even if it's a small change, it still seems a bit big for just an update.

Zurirach Adankar likes this.
  20. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

Take a really close look at the on-map-pyramid image in the dev diary. It appears to be in Sussex.

Yorel likes this.