Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Cool! Did you take the decision to go feudal yet, or are you still tribal? I find when playing as a tribal people that getting the necessary requirements can be tricky!

I became feudal as soon as I formed Scandinavia, since I wanted to get rid of gavelkind as soon as I could. Most of Scandinavia is still tribal - especially the Finnish lands to the East and the Sami lands to the North - but Denmark as a whole and the south of Norway and Sweden, as well as the Dutch and German lands (that I conquered because there were holy sites there) and Pomerania (that my vassals basically holy warred between themselves without me even doing anything) are feudal.

The empire is almost wholly Germanic - the Dutch, the Finns, the Germans and the Sami have maintained their ethnicity but abandoned their own faiths rather quickly; Denmark, Norway and Sweden are all held by different branches of the Knytling, Finland is ruled by a descendant of Hvitserk, while I gave Sapmi to a descendant of Bjorn Ironside; the Yngling are almost extinct, I matrilineally married their last descendant (a very young girl) to one of my lowborn courtiers, maybe I'll give them the Kingdom of Pomerania in the future.

I just got out of a big jihad with the Muslims and my vassals were being pissy because I might have thrown my baby sister off a balcony so my leves were not topped off. Im still unifying the armies in Rome as the Aztecs wither away in France so i am sure as hell not worried just annoyed. Like, im so close I could taste it but I gotta fight these assholes. But on the good side the British Isles are as good as fucked because they are rather dis-unified so that would make an easy conquest when I get up there.

In the 867 Old Gods start, does Khazaria always start with Alania right below it? I've seen some games where Khazaria starts out controlling that territory, but when I play Alania is an independent territory. Also, on the same start, is Khazaria supposed to start out all territories Jewish? I thought only Itil starts out that way and the rest is tengri.

Last edited:
I'm about to end my Scandinavian game - since I reached all my objectives in less than 150 years - and I'm thinking about doing something other than a feudal Christian or a Norse game. What are your recommendations for a game as a nomadic horde or a republic?

I'm about to end my Scandinavian game - since I reached all my objectives in less than 150 years - and I'm thinking about doing something other than a feudal Christian or a Norse game. What are your recommendations for a game as a nomadic horde or a republic?
For a nomadic horde, be the Liao Dynasty in the 1066 start. Once you settle down and form a feudal empire with 180+ holdings, you can adopt Chinese Imperialism.

For a nomadic horde, be the Liao Dynasty in the 1066 start. Once you settle down and form a feudal empire with 180+ holdings, you can adopt Chinese Imperialism.

Actually, I've found something interesting:

WG25FS4.jpg

Possibly the only female leader of a nomadic horde in the game and, unlike many other female leaders in the game, she's a real person - even though in real life she was merely a regent. She's also Buddhist, so this would allow me to try one of the Dharmic faiths. I wonder what should I do, conquer the steppes while bowing to China or head south and unite India?

Actually, I've found something interesting:
I wonder what should I do, conquer the steppes while bowing to China or head south and unite India?
If I were you, I would choose China. With India, the Karaites have few connections, and I am interested in the situation of the two Chinas - Buddhist and Confucian.

If I were you, I would choose China. With India, the Karaites have few connections, and I am interested in the situation of the two Chinas - Buddhist and Confucian.

China it is, then.

And this is how my Norse game ends, 100 years after the foundation of the Empire:

dPaGWcN.jpg

I conquered the Kingdom of Germany in a Great Holy War, and then one of my vassals annexed northern Poland.

I don't know why the hell do I have an exclave encompassing the whole of Slovakia.

China it is, then.

And this is how my Norse game ends, 100 years after the foundation of the Empire:

I conquered the Kingdom of Germany in a Great Holy War, and then one of my vassals annexed northern Poland.

I don't know why the hell do I have an exclave encompassing the whole of Slovakia.

The Saxons remain free? And have united? An outrage!

But more seriously, Byzantine Spain? Damn. I've never seen the AI swing that.

Have a horde that you pay in prestige ? Loot your neighbors ?

I'm doing exactly that now; not as the Kara-Khitai however, but as the Khazars in the Old Gods start, since I kinda want to reclaim Israel for the Jews as an end goal.

But things seem to have taken quite an interesting turn in the Far East nonetheless:

llfNG5P.jpg

Is a female Empress in China a common occurrence? Her younger sibling is the historical Li Yizong, but she doesn't even have a Wikipedia page.

I can't interact with the Tang however, since the new Empress dislikes Jews as much as she likes Hindus, and is isolationist.

Since my Ubbe Ragnarson playtrough was going nowhere I started a new campaign as Countess Adele of Vermandois, aka the last Karling in 1080 with the intention of spreading the dynasty and making it as powerful as ever. 100 years later the dynasty is going strong and i'm well on my way to restore them to the throne of France.

20171224155429_1.jpg

Naamloos-1.jpg

What mod is that? Dat font <3 <3 <3

In Heavens Cartographic Map.

I've got a problem though, my threat level's so high half the known world has formed defensive pacts against me, and it'll take decades for my threat level to fall to acceptable levels.

What to do?

In Heavens Cartographic Map.

I've got a problem though, my threat level's so high half the known world has formed defensive pacts against me, and it'll take decades for my threat level to fall to acceptable levels.

What to do?
When I do that I just console it away. The whole threat mechanic is broken and I usually never play with it.