Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Tywin gave Castamere to Gerion. He also gave him Cersei!

That happens a lot actually, the game can't really replicate the "waiting a while in the hopes of a more advantageous marriage" and tends to marry people off ASAP (and I guess prestige concerns and lack of other possible matches results in marrying family members?). In the WotFK bookmark Arianne tends to end up with Oberyn for the same reason.

What?

What!

WHAT!

How did you piss off all these people at once. I can barely get my coalition of four or five Muslims Shiekhs to invade India. I once had to invade Scandanavia myself once.

How did you do that?

It was the 12th century and I started the game in the 8th century... I'm a very aggressive player so my empire was freaking gigantic (from Khotan to Abyssinia and from Crimea to Gujurat) and I was too impatient to wait for my threat rating to go all the way down so I just went for it.

Well, Bronze Yohn passed the High Lordships of Runestone and Gulltown onto Andar the Gallant.

Lots of internal improvements, made Robar the lord of Coldwater Burn, and managed to fabricate a claim on Newkeep. Lord Paramount Jon III, son of Denys the Darling, told me to stop my war. Seeing as I'd just helped him (to the tune of providing all the soldiers. Literally all of them) put down a rebellion, I ignored the ungrateful sod, being branded a traitor in the process. Quickly won the war, and created the High Lordship of Northweald, giving Newkeep to my second son. At which point the bloody Arryn decides to arrest me.

Raised my 8000 or so men, and attempted to pick off the Valemen in detail. Managed a couple of ambushes on groups of under 2000, and smashed them. The war of manoeuvre was working quite well, and I was gradually building up the score in my favour. Then Jon changed his tactics, and decided to combine all 14,000 men he still had, and besiege his way to victory. I decided to go for broke, and threw the remaining 6800 at his force just before the Redfort fell. Killed two commanders, but lost.

My battered survivors made a shattered retreat through the Bloody Gate, and were followed by the Lord of the Vale himself. When he caught me, I had less than 4,000 men to oppose his 12k. This was it. I sat watching my army get crushed, waiting for the game over. Until I managed to find the convenient bronze plot armour. The commander of my right flank, my son and heir Yohn, decided he'd had enough of this bullshit, and ended the war with one swift sword thrust to Jon's throat.

White Peace. Royce of Runestone live to fight another day. After we've recovered from this one.

Well, Bronze Yohn passed the High Lordships of Runestone and Gulltown onto Andar the Gallant.

Lots of internal improvements, made Robar the lord of Coldwater Burn, and managed to fabricate a claim on Newkeep. Lord Paramount Jon III, son of Denys the Darling, told me to stop my war. Seeing as I'd just helped him (to the tune of providing all the soldiers. Literally all of them) put down a rebellion, I ignored the ungrateful sod, being branded a traitor in the process. Quickly won the war, and created the High Lordship of Northweald, giving Newkeep to my second son. At which point the bloody Arryn decides to arrest me.

Raised my 8000 or so men, and attempted to pick off the Valemen in detail. Managed a couple of ambushes on groups of under 2000, and smashed them. The war of manoeuvre was working quite well, and I was gradually building up the score in my favour. Then Jon changed his tactics, and decided to combine all 14,000 men he still had, and besiege his way to victory. I decided to go for broke, and threw the remaining 6800 at his force just before the Redfort fell. Killed two commanders, but lost.

My battered survivors made a shattered retreat through the Bloody Gate, and were followed by the Lord of the Vale himself. When he caught me, I had less than 4,000 men to oppose his 12k. This was it. I sat watching my army get crushed, waiting for the game over. Until I managed to find the convenient bronze plot armour. The commander of my right flank, my son and heir Yohn, decided he'd had enough of this bullshit, and ended the war with one swift sword thrust to Jon's throat.

White Peace. Royce of Runestone live to fight another day. After we've recovered from this one.

So who is in charge of the Vale now?

Have you got lucky and it's a child lord?

So who is in charge of the Vale now?

Have you got lucky and it's a child lord?
Nah. His adult son Uthor. Who immediately revoked the High Lordship of Northweald. Bastard.

I couldn't fight that one. Still branded a traitor from last time, and sod all in the way of troops. The chances of getting that lucky again were non-existent.

He has, however, given the title to brother Robar, who was still lord of Coldwater, and now has my second son as a vassal, which probably isn't ideal. Robar will have to watch out, though. Lord Paetyr Baelish has been acquiring lands in the Northern Vale, and Coldwater sits between the two. If it comes to war, I don't know whether to sit it out, and try to attack the winner, or help my brother out. Probably the latter, seeing as my son is also up there. If I offer an alliance or two, and just hope Littlefinger waits until I've got a few more men...

Bet you the Lady Paramount Dowager Lysa takes less offence at Castle Sheepshit declaring war inside the Vale.

Last night I attempted to start a game in Aegons Conquest as House Tyrell. CTD two minutes in. Sad day.

Also they're in a tough position with only one lordship since they were only hereditary stewards of the Reach