Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

My Current Game as Emperor of Normandy (no demesne limit because I wanted to have some fun!):
FyV54Af.png

Started as the Count of Nantes (Old Gods start) and little by little my Empire expanded. GB was unified by my vassals, idiots got the titles of King of Ireland and Scotland for them and I'm King of England and Wales, invaded Norway to get the title of King and my vassals did the rest of the work, created the Kingdom of Lapland and Sweden just to avoid extra kings in the Empire, conquered France when I got the Great Holy Wars and for some reason you can see the Umayyads on Germany, Lotharingia is also Muslim.

Current Emperor, Richard "The Young", became Emperor age 1, his father died of Cancer. Funny thing is that his father, Blayve "The Fat", was the fourth son of my first Emperor, Baldwin I, and he survived both his elder brother, Baldwin II, and his nephew, Alexander I, to become Emperor when Alexander died without heirs...Blayve was a lucky guy until he got cancer, still never expected to have his line on the throne.

What you think?

So, what do you think is CK2's version of the "Three Mountains" achievement and why? I'd go for WC as either the Guanche (the Berber West African Pagans in the Canaries in-game) or the Nestorians in Socotra.

I tried to play as Byzantium. It always end up with a civil war between the sons of the ruler who dies. And how is one supposed to wage war when the vassals start complaining that the levy has been raised to long after one month and you have yet to move the army to another nation?

I tried to play as Byzantium. It always end up with a civil war between the sons of the ruler who dies. And how is one supposed to wage war when the vassals start complaining that the levy has been raised to long after one month and you have yet to move the army to another nation?

You can ignore the levy raised too long for quite some time if you have good relations with your vassals.

The small change in vassal opinion is okay, it's the long drawn out conflicts where their opinion drops to -50 that you need to worry about. Ck2 is all about short victorious wars. Boost prestige, hand out titles and force the heathens in your dungeon to convert.

Slaughtering all your rebel vassals in a great purge or two should work for your dynasty. Also, avoid giving land to your relatives immediately.

Slaughtering all your rebel vassals in a great purge or two should work for your dynasty. Also, avoid giving land to your relatives immediately.

If you have Gavelkind succession then you better be ready to kill a bunch of siblings once your monarch dies, unless you can switch to literally anything else.

I suppose you could do that, I don't but that is because I normally don't play in India (in fact I normally play the After The End Mod)

Do you find the most recent version of After the End to be a little broken? I've witnessed a few things that are pretty weird.
- conquering a Brethren province and having my succession flipped to 'Open Succession'
- watching Hudsonia explode out of the gate and fight a series of offensive wars across the northeast
- when starting a game as a merchant republic I have to quit and reload to get my heir to lock in as an heir (otherwise facing a dynastic end)

Do you find the most recent version of After the End to be a little broken? I've witnessed a few things that are pretty weird.
- conquering a Brethren province and having my succession flipped to 'Open Succession'
- watching Hudsonia explode out of the gate and fight a series of offensive wars across the northeast
- when starting a game as a merchant republic I have to quit and reload to get my heir to lock in as an heir (otherwise facing a dynastic end)
The Open Succession thing is probably another consequence of a Paradox change - religions and religious groups that do not exist in the files now always read as true in code, so the AtE people are having to hunt down every code reference to religions that for the purpose of AtE's mechanics do not exist (whereas before they were no problem since they always read as false).

Decided to share my playthrough in CK2 AGOT mod.
So I started as Aegon at Conquest bookmark with the general idea of holding onto valyrian faith/ideals, maybe recreating Valyrian Freehold in westeros by swithching to elective successiopn some time down the line. LP dragonlords would be lords freeholder.
Played ~80 years so far, installed Qoheryses in the Trident and Baratheons in Storm's End in the conquest, and replaced Arryns and Lannisters when they declined to stand down in their wars over 1 province claims and declared rebellions. Corlys Velaryon got Eyrie and the Vale, and my Goldfyre cadet branch rules Westerland from Golden Tooth. Once my bastards grew up I also granted Iron Islands to Truedrake bastard branch and Stepstones to Blackfyres. Starks were gay and quite for two generations and almost died down, so I'll probably keep them, Reach knows it's place, as it stood down about 6 times with their war over my 1 province crownlander count vassal, and Dorne doesn't do anything.
I tried to get Fyrebloods into the Reach through marriages, but so far 1 Reach heiress was killed by her husband, and the other is yet to produce offspring.
So I build cities and roads, go on quests to Valyria and host weddings. Also I breed dragons. Got 30 so far.
And I wait for aztec Stark dragonlords.

Here's imgur screenshot album, if somebody wants to check it.

Has anyone else been having problems with After the End crashing every few months? The music suddenly cuts out, and back to desktop. No error message or anything.

Vanilla is always up to date, and I've tried reinstalling the mod.
Mi don't have the latest DLC though if that makes a difference.

I haven't tried AtE in a while, but I know from Paradox Plaza others have had problems. Are you using the latest gathered release or the Github?