Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Tellus, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Shiva Dreaming... always dreaming...

Just worry about your heir and your spare, all the other children can fend for themselves.

2. thekingsguard Founder of Korsgaardianism

Is there gonna be a steam sale soon? I have some DLC to buy.

3. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

Probably not, there was a Steam sale recently.

4. wcv215 Well-Known Member

But I feel guilty when it says I failed the others.

5. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

It got a bit easier now that the game helpful shows what traits they have that are bad/good in red and green on the second stage (of course, that requires that you can see red and green) so you don't have to look at the child's traits to see which education they're best and worst suited for.

6. asnys Do Not Fear the Future

Damn it, forge that claim already! He's got a 20 diplomacy and he's been sitting there for over a decade, I don't know what's taking so damned long... I just need two counties and then I can claim the duchy, and then with that duchy I can make myself Queen of Frisia!

7. Commissar From Kiev What Would Ozzy Do?

I just led a crusade against the heathens in Italy and claimed another territory in the HRE, once again demonstrating how Heinrich the Lion earned his moniker. But the small states starting forming a defensive pact against me again, so I'll probably lay off on the wars for at least a couple years.

Also, I helped William the Conqueror put down a usurper, sending my troops over to fight in England.

8. asnys Do Not Fear the Future

Frig's sake! Finally forge that claim, I'm laying siege to her castle, and the Kaiser declare's a realm's peace! For five years!

This does raise a question for the audience, though: given that I can't attack anyone in Germany, but I've got an army of almost 6,000 all dressed up and with nowhere to go - plus the cash to hire some mercs if they need reinforcements - who should I go after, given that my goal is to ultimately form the Queendom of Frisia, and then maybe become a Cathar? France and Britain are both hard targets; I might actually be able to crack them if I call in enough favors - I have a ton of girls, all married off to various dukes - but it would be hard fought and cost a lot of resources. In the other direction is Pomerania and Denmark, neither of whom are exactly easy, but who are significantly easier. And the Pomeranians are a bunch of degenerate pagans (boo!). But success would mean a realm split in two, half in Holland and the other half on the Baltic... Or I could just sit tight and invest in more infrastructure, while continuing to groom my Attractive Genius heir. (I've been playing Kwisatz Hederach, and got really lucky with my firstborn. She's got a genius husband with a matrilineal marriage, too. I've got a second genius as backup, but she's a lunatic.)

Incidentally, when do the Cathars show up in-game?

9. Workable Goblin Spacepony

They'll randomly spawn if you get the moral authority of Catholicism down low enough. There's also a chance for your court chaplain to randomly convert to a heresy on the "converse with scholars" mission or whatever it's called, which offers you the chance to instantly convert to it, too. Obviously the second is the way to go, and then you can start spreading Catharism normally.

10. Commissar From Kiev What Would Ozzy Do?

I'm currently playing as the Holy Roman Empire in 1091, and I'm wondering what my next move should be.

I'm in an alliance with England, I've fought wars against smaller states that caused an on-and-off defensive pact to form against me, and I recently went on a crusade that gave me an isolated province in southern Italy. Also, said defensive pact recently disbanded.

I don't really a definite goal other than making the HRE strong, so I'm asking for a little advice on what to do next.

11. asnys Do Not Fear the Future

Thanks. I've had him on that mission for a while now, but I've never seen the event actually fire.

Invade the Holy Land and liberate Jerusalem? It's traditional.

Alternatively, convert to another religion and try to convert the rest of the Empire.

I have finally, finally managed to become a monarch, for the first time in CK2: Gotilda is now Queen of Frisia! It's rather bittersweet, because she's in her 50s and that illness just turned to pneumonia, so there's a good chance she's gonna die. But she fulfilled the driving ambition of her life, and she'll die knowing she'll be leaving her newly founded kingdom to her highly-capable Attractive Genius daughter, so she'll go to her grave happy.

12. Commissar From Kiev What Would Ozzy Do?

I might invade another Islamic region, maybe try conquering Muslim Spain in a German Reconquista.

All hail Queen Attractive Genius!:cool:

Out of curiosity, what's the current year in-game?

13. asnys Do Not Fear the Future

A good choice.

All hail Queen Joanna Ryansdochter!

1102. We're still vassals of the HRE, but I'm okay with that for now. I'm at a point where I probably could go for independence, but I think it's probably best to stay behind the Kaiser's skirt until I've gotten everything I can from him. In particular, I'm strongly inclined to invade Pomerania.

14. Commissar From Kiev What Would Ozzy Do?

Ja. Then I can mock the Spanish Catholics for their inability to retake their own land:p

Solid plan.

15. asnys Do Not Fear the Future

Invade them too. They live next to infidels, so they're basically infidels themselves.

Commissar From Kiev likes this.
  16. Commissar From Kiev What Would Ozzy Do?

I might forge claims on one of the Spanish kingdoms after I've established a foothold in the Iberian peninsula.

17. Turquoise Blue Dark Kaleidoscope Donor

Any of you play After the End?

18. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

I tried out the Monks & Mystics compatibility less than a day ago, and that was hardly the first time I've ventured into the new America.

19. Turquoise Blue Dark Kaleidoscope Donor

Which religion do you like the best?

20. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

Overall? Uhm. Honestly, I'm mercurial about that - I have a fondness for the Rust Cult, the Americanists' twisted Americana can draw in even as a non-American, the Cetics have their interesting style, the Occultists sometimes draw in by their mystic ways, the comforting similarity of Catholics, Evangelicals and High Church can be nice, and the Revelationists are cool for their twisted Christianity.

Turquoise Blue likes this.