Crisis in the Kremlin - Our 1982 USSR

If I were ever to make 2nd timeline, which one would you be most interested in?

• 1. German Empire 1888

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • 2. Russian Federation 1993

Votes: 74 34.9%
  • 3. Red China 1949

Votes: 37 17.5%
  • 4. Yugoslavia 1920

Votes: 27 12.7%
  • 5. India 1947

Votes: 28 13.2%
  • 6. alt-fascist Italy 1922

Votes: 29 13.7%
  • 7. South Africa 1994

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • 8. Germany 1990

Votes: 20 9.4%
  • 9. Japan 2000

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • 10. United Kingdom 1997

Votes: 20 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So i said that ill make a map, so here it is, map of COMECON.

Red are members of Warsaw Pact and Comecon (loyal to the Soviet Union).
Dark Red is Romania that's member of Warsaw pact (with autonmy) and COMECON, but there is a question of how much of the reforms are implemented and Romanias real membership in multilatral COMECON institutions opposed to formal membership though...
Lighter shade of Red are COMECON members, but not the members of WP (Syria, Libya, Mongolia, Albania and S. Yemen). They are full COMCON member.

Pink stands for Associate members (Yugoslavia).
Lighter shades of Pink stands for Cooperant and Observer states .

Otherwise im basing this of the otl COMECON map, this means that i didn't specify potential observer, or cooperant staus from other pro Soviet States.
drawing.jpg

Last edited:
And here is Soviet Sphere of influence in various shades of red ...

Red stands for both members of COMECON and WP.
Dark Red Stands for Romania that's out of the line but still member of WP and COMECON.

Then there are COMECON members (Libya, S. Yemen, Mongolia, Vietnam and Sirya) that are within Soviet sphere and states in Soviet Sphere outside COMECON in their respective shades of Red.

Then we have friendly pro soviet countries in Orange and India that deserves its place as it can be counted as Soviet ally in region.

Somalia is in Pink as it was former Soviet ally, but one seemingly being drawn in back into the fold.

drawing-1.jpg

Last edited:
So i said that ill make a map, so here it is, map of COMECON.

Red are members of Warsaw Pact and Comecon (loyal to the Soviet Union).
Dark Red is Romania that's member of Warsaw pact (with autonmy) and COMECON, but there is a question of how much of the reforms are implemented and Romanias real membership in multilatral COMECON institutions opposed to formal membership though...
Lighter shade of Red are COMECON members, but not the members of WP (Syria, Libya, Mongolia, Albania and S. Yemen). They are full COMCON member.

Pink stands for Associate members (Yugoslavia).
Lighter shades of Pink stands for Cooperant and Observer states .

Otherwise im basing this of the otl COMECON map, this means that i didn't specify potential observer, or cooperant staus from other pro Soviet States.
View attachment 866957
And here is Soviet Sphere of influence in various shades of red ...

Red stands for both members of COMECON and WP.
Dark Red Stands for Romania that's out of the line but still member of WP and COMECON.

Then there are COMECON members of USSR that are within Soviet sphere and states in Soviet Sphere outside COMECON in their respective shades of Red.

Then we have friendly pro soviet countries in Orange and India that deserves its place as it can be counted as Soviet ally in region.

Somalia is in Pink as it was former Soviet ally, but one seemingly being drawn in back into the fold.

View attachment 866966
Many thanks!

Ok, comrades, last 2 weeks were really busy for me, but everything is very good and I will post next update tomorrow no matter what happens :)

I didn’t know you were German
I must say that the main inspirations for starting this TL were the game, but also where I live and had lived, that is former Eastern Bloc (West Poland). Currently, I am living in east Berlin, so I am always surrounded with relics of the past age, from which I drew my inspiration.

I must say that the main inspirations for starting this TL were the game, but also where I live and had lived, that is former Eastern Bloc (West Poland). Currently, I am living in east Berlin, so I am always surrounded with relics of the past age, from which I drew my inspiration.
I visited East Berlin this summer, was an amazing place, it was surreal to finally see all that i'd read about East Germany for myself. It's all i had ever focused on for years.

Points of today's update (November 1986 - April 1987):
1. Reykjavik Summit
2. Crimea/Riots in Western Ukraine
3. Sakharov
4. Sino-portugese declaration
5. NCPSU
6. Iran - Iraq War
7. China - India Border disputes
8. Situation in DDR
9. Phosphorite war

Votes:
1. Phosphorite war
2. China-India borders
3. NCPSU
4. Nationalist in Western Urkaine
5. Foreing films in USSR
6. Reykjavik Summit
7. Sakharov
8. New Leader of East Germany

Soviet Film industry under Romanov will be covered in the next update (May - Dezember 1987)

Last edited:
So far we've had 19 updates and my plan is to reach the end within exactly 30 updates, which means less chapters, but longer with more choices.

Last edited: