Create an AH Mockumentary Concept

After CSA and It Could Happen Here, wouldn't it be interesting to see other works, be it books, fan-made, etc., shown documentary-style? I could imagine an in-universe propaganda film on ISOT!Nantucket or a Jarhead-esque take on Swarm on the Somme.

So how would you play with the idea?

After CSA and It Could Happen Here, wouldn't it be interesting to see other works, be it books, fan-made, etc., shown documentary-style? I could imagine an in-universe propaganda film on ISOT!Nantucket or a Jarhead-esque take on Swarm on the Somme.

So how would you play with the idea?

Depends on whether it's going to be a mockumentary from the point of view of OTL or an ATL.

The Rise, Fall, and Rising Again of the VOC (from An Alternate History of the Netherlands). It's the world's first trillion dollar company.

I usually think in mockumentary terms when creating TLs starring fictional characters -- like Faye Brown, soul superstar in a world without Elvis; or a fictional co-founder of Hollywood.

That said, I really do want to see Let Us Hold Our Banner High, from this TL. ;)

Last edited:
I'd picture a film based on A World of Laughter A World of Tears as a series of period newsreels interlaced with "top secret" footage.

Beardless Spock

A group of Trek fans get together in a library on a Saturday Night, play World of Lovecraft with eight sided dice, and lament how George Lucas never followed up on the premise of "Mirror Universe" episode in Terran Trek: The Original Series.

Somehow, on a tenth roll of the dice, the whole thing degenerates into a Kirk vs. Picard debate. Things get ugly when racism is thrown into the faces of Kirk fans, who are accused of hating on Picard just because he was portrayed by Yaphet Kotto. "You probably would be much happier if that Captain guy from Homicide: Life on the Street... what's his name... the dude who played Alphonse Giardello... Patrick Stewart... right, that guy... if Patrick Stewear was Picard, wouldn't you?"

Common ground is quickly reached when everyone calms down and agrees, that Kirk or Picard, at least they were not as bad as the weird French chick they got to play on Voyager. "Man, she's the reason the whole series was cancelled after two seasons. Ugh."

"Two" leads to a discussion of how awful Terran Trek II: The Wrath of Pike was. This segues into the Terran Trek movie even curse, with II, IV, VI, and VIII movies of the series being bad, and the odd ones being much better.

Things get heated when Trekkzies debate whether to even include VI as part of Trek continuity. "Freaking Nimoy went nuts! I mean, a Trek movie not set in outer space, featuring a plot involving going back in time to save sharks to bring... It makes no sense! Why are they on Earth? What is up with the sharks! And who thought making Chekov doing a fan dance to distract the gay cops guarding the aquarium was a good idea!"

Bunch of fat dudes in leather pants walk by, holding magic wands and talking about Draco. Trekkzies take a good amount of time to make fun of them. Draco fans respond in kind.

Much Diet Dr. Salt is drank. Dice roll. Someone brings up politics to universal groans, and the subject is quickly changed. Although the would be politico manages to make a lame joke about how Stallone is the worst governor California had since Jane Fonda. "Say what you will about Sly, but at least he did not try to close down Berkley like that Republican bit... Right, sorry. I did not realize there was a woman here. Right. Oh come on, like you'd expect to see a woman here. I mean, guys, lets face it, Trek is not really a chick thing? We don't have sparkly zombies like in that Daylight series. Nor would we want them. Right on, man. Whose turn is it?"

Someone brings up the latest Wesley Snipes news. Everyone shakes their heads and does not understand why he did not just pay his taxes and had to flee the country, and the impact this has on Trek movies. "They can't just replace him as Geordi with someone else, and he's such a vital part of... He is! No, he does not just sit there in engineering looking at hyperspace drive container! He is important. He's... Look, man, you can't imagine TOS movie without Welshy, and I can't imagine a The Next Generation movie without Geordi! End of story!"

Compromise is reached when someone suggests they could just build a spare set in Iceland, and have Wesley Snipes do his scenes from there.

Piss break.

Clerks IV is brought up and how everyone wishes Kevin Smith would stop making movies after Mallrats. "M. Night Shima... well, you know, that guy... he went out on a high note with The Sixth Sense, and he moved onto another medium - TV commercials. Why can't Smith just let it go, man? He will never make another 'Rats. It's a frakking classic!"

Bringing up M. Night inevitably leads to the discussion of his use of BattleStar: Pegasus original cast to make a commercial about unfrosted wheats. The group is split.