County-BAM

Chicxulub

Banned
Here is where I shall post updates to my County-BAM, so they do not flood the Map Thread.

q26X57m.png

Chicxulub

Banned
I would like it if people helped improve the quality of the borders in the states I have already drawn.

If you make the state borders (#000000) a different color than the county borders (say, #333333), people will be able to pull out sections of the map with relative ease to make smaller, regional-based spinoffs.

This is great work - a large county map like this, and a similar one with rivers would be invaluable for the countless balkanized USA/alternate US States we have so commonly around here.

I made a few corrections to Western Massachusetts. The main things I did were (a) fixed the Southwick jog (the place where Massachusetts sticks into Connecticut) and (b) got rid of a weird growth that had appeared on the western border of Hampden County (not sure why that was there). Other than that, I made a few corrections here and there and I'm not very good that this, so feel free to throw it out if you honestly think it's wrong. I used Google Earth as a source, and I oriented the map so that it was tilted in the right direction.

countybamcorrection1.png

countybamcorrection1.png

Good job on the map. once the whole U.S. is done we could use it for election mapping. Others ideas for the map would be evolution of U.S. counties overtime and congressional districts.;)

Chicxulub

Banned
Good job on the map. once the whole U.S. is done we could use it for election mapping. Others ideas for the map would be evolution of U.S. counties overtime and congressional districts.;)

I am already planning on doing historical counties, and I have already done the West Virginia Congressional Districts.

PHBo4iT.png

Thande

Donor
That's a very good county map. Are you intending just to focus on this part of the US or eventually extend it to the whole country (though that would certainly be an Uber-BAM).

Chicxulub

Banned
That's a very good county map. Are you intending just to focus on this part of the US or eventually extend it to the whole country (though that would certainly be an Uber-BAM).

The entire country of course, a county map just showing the Northeast would not be very useful.

niHorJk.png

I made a few improvements to eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island for you. They're far from perfect (if you use it, please take out that Nantucket, it's wildly inaccurate), but I tried to fix a few of the more noticeable inaccuracies the great Massachusetts had. The entire eastern coast has been redone or edited (Boston and Essex were drawn from scratch), and I changed the borders for Barnstable, Bristol, Plymouth, Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex, and consequently Middlesex counties. I made a few changes to Rhode Island as well; I adjusted the northern border, got rid of Patience Island (too small to relevantly appear on the map), expanded Prudence Island, edited the southern coast, and improved Block Island (great vacation spot). I hope you enjoy this, and if there's anything else you would like me to change I can do so if I have time.

Why isn't Lake Michigan filled in? After all, you have the entire thing outlined.

Also interesting to see how the county lines generally get neater the younger the state is.