County-BAM

On January 22nd, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled the state's current Congressional Districts unconstitutionally gerrymandered and as such, ordered the lines to be redrawn.

These are what the boundaries look like now:
Pennsylvania Current CD.png

And this is what the Joint Submission came up with:
Pennsylvania Base.png

Much better, if I do say so myself.

Harrisburg and Wilkes-Barre being in the same district still makes no sense, but yes, that's far more aesthetically pleasing on the whole.

This is an absolutely amazing resource that I have stumbled across every now and again. I finally put it to use this week to build a language map of the United States. While doing so I noticed that the boarder between the Kenai Peninsula Borough and the Kodiak Island Borough in Alaska is slightly off. The Kodiak Island Borough extends slightly further up the mainland then this map shows.

This is an absolutely amazing resource that I have stumbled across every now and again. I finally put it to use this week to build a language map of the United States. While doing so I noticed that the boarder between the Kenai Peninsula Borough and the Kodiak Island Borough in Alaska is slightly off. The Kodiak Island Borough extends slightly further up the mainland then this map shows.

Heres the State Bam, the county BAM but with only states and territories

I didnt see one made yet so I decided to do so myself

View attachment 399802

I would heavily suggest using the MA/NH coast I posted in November, since they are more true to the map's style- I drew MA coast on your map (and the final version of the original) 2 years ago, and looking back on it I think it looks out of place.

I modified the County-BAM to create the MSA-BAM.
7fCr12E.png

Here it is with Metropolitan and Micropolitan areas color-coded:
6Tj2aof.png

And with borders removed:
5LFdXru.png

Last edited: