Could've Vermin Supreme beat Obama in 2008?

The 2008 election was big victory for the Democrats, considering after years of disastrous effects of Iraq War and the crippling economy. McCain in OTL was chosen to be the Republican nominee, but what if Vermin Supreme, a politician from New Hampshire, managed to gain the huge support and nomination from the Republican voters since he ran in that primary OTL? Does he have a shot at beating the popular senator from Illinois Barack Obama? Keep in mind this election could crucial at Obama's chances especially now that his opponent is from a swing state New Hampshire that could either go for Republican as it did for Bush in 2000.

As much as I’d like to live in a world where Supreme can win an election it’s not happening. A joke candidate like him needs a perfect storm to even be visible let alone viable and even if it is Supreme, a Republican isn’t gonna win in 2008 without a further back divergence

manav95

Banned
The 2008 election was big victory for the Democrats, considering after years of disastrous effects of Iraq War and the crippling economy. McCain in OTL was chosen to be the Republican nominee, but what if Vermin Supreme, a politician from New Hampshire, managed to gain the huge support and nomination from the Republican voters since he ran in that primary OTL? Does he have a shot at beating the popular senator from Illinois Barack Obama? Keep in mind this election could crucial at Obama's chances especially now that his opponent is from a swing state New Hampshire that could either go for Republican as it did for Bush in 2000.

I think vermin supreme would have a better time winning the Democratic nomination along with the Libertarian nomination too.

I don't see Vermin Supreme winning, but maybe getting the nomination in a case like the 1998 Vermont senate election, where the Republican party nominated joke candidate Fred Tuttle who ended up endorsing Leahy anyway. If there's some way to get the Republican party and President Bush even more reviled than they were IOTL maybe Vermin Supreme gets the nomination as a sort of backlash against them, with the understanding being that he will endorse/lose to Obama. However, it's probably more likely the Republicans are willing to nominate Vermin Supreme if the Democratic nominee is someone like John Edwards.

A Vermin Supreme that could win a nomination is not the Vermin Supreme from history, so who knows?

It doesn't matter who he is. A Republican is simply not going to win a presidential election in the midst of the greatest financial meltdown since the Great Depression unless perhaps the Democrats run an extremely weak candidate, which Barack Obama certainly was not.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter who he is. A Republican is simply not going to win a presidential election in the midst of the greatest financial meltdown since the Great Depression unless perhaps the Demicrats run an extremely weak candidate, which Barack Obama certainly was not.
I think this type of 2008 election is different and any party has a chance of winning if it has Vermin Supreme on ballot.

Could Vermin have won?

Maybe, if the entire nation's water supply was spiked with mind-altering drugs. Which is so utterly crazy, it's darn near ASB.

Vermine Supreme ? What kind of name is that ? How about Ultimate Pest ? Or Absolute Plague ?

Capture.PNG

Seriously, if that man, as US president, ever travel to any french-speaking country, diplomacy will have very, very hard times avoiding extremely lame jokes related to his name...

Edit: red his Wikipedia entry. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vermin_Supreme

My mind is blown. America, how I love you, to create such weird people.

Last edited:

He got 41 votes in the New Hampshire GOP primary. 41 votes! That's 0.02% of the vote. Not 2%. Not 0.2% 0.02%! He finished in fifteenth place. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_New_Hampshire_Republican_primary

Look, I understand that at times it seems we are running short on serious what-ifs (though I think there are plenty left) so people decide to do frivolous ones, but this isn't even an interesting frivolous what-if.