Could WWI start in 1913 over Albania?

what did I just say to you I want to put Serbia in a position where they can't act crazy and if they do they don't cause a World War they are rogue nation that gets tooken down by a coalition of Nations.
Ah yes, giving Serbia what it wants is sure to curb its ambitions.

If you want to prevent Serbia from causing WW1 then let the Ottomans win the Balkan War. But thats not what the op asked about.
Nah, get the rest of the Great Powers to stand back and watch as Serbia gets choke slammed through a glass coffee table by the Austro-Italian coalition.

Germaniac

Donor
here you are trying to protect the poor minority albanians and now you want the Ottoman Empire to win they would carry out Mass executions of people if they won the Balkan War you don't make any sense and I'm done you're just arguing for the sake of arguing now.

... I'm done feeding your trolling

Ah yes, giving Serbia what it wants is sure to curb its ambitions.

Nah, get the rest of the Great Powers to stand back and watch as Serbia gets choke slammed through a glass coffee table by the Austro-Italian coalition.
1.I'm 80% sure it won't but there's always a Fool's hope

2.Russia "Germany pass me a beer and pretzel."
Britain"me too old boy! bloody hell I think the Greeks and bulgarians are jumping in to."
Germany
1581913578020.png

to be frankly honest Albania should never have existed when Italy demanded it's creation everyone else should have kicked him in the balls and told him to shut up. this would have greatly calm down the tensions in the Balkans for some time if Serbia and Greece were given Albania's land they would have given up their claims over land promised to Bulgaria. no second Balkan war no destabilizing of the Russian control over most of the Balkan States

it's not mention much but also a lot of people living in the Balkans especially East Orthodox consider this an betrayal by the Russian Empire yeah sure you're the Protectors of the East Orthodox Faith you just let a muslim-majority Albania pop into existence after we conquered It.

Austria-Hungary was the main backer of Albania. And I think the albanian people would hold a wildly different opinion on the matter. I also dont see how this would stabilize the Balcans - the conflict between austria and serbia is not solved.

here you are trying to protect the poor minority albanians and now you want the Ottoman Empire to win they would carry out Mass executions of people if they won the Balkan War you don't make any sense and I'm done you're just arguing for the sake of arguing now.

The Ottoman did commit attrocities. But the Balkan sates were little better. Look at the Balkans before the collapse of Ottoman rule. It was full with various muslim minority groups. Some of them turks who moved in but more usually local converts. After the wars they disappeared swiftly - or better said were made to disappear. The only place were muslims survived on the Balkans were where they didnt come under the rule of the newly independent cristians states (Albania - independent, Bosnia - austria supported tolerance). The Ottomans are the much better known massacres (thanks to the christian bias of the time) but the truth is they did not have a monopoly on it. Giving Albania to Serbia and greece is likely receipt for genocide and ethnic cleansing on an even larger scale than OTL.

Last edited:
They were fairly sour over that already- and the crisis was a couple months, nearly two years if one counts the Italo Turkish War and Balkan War.
Maybe have Bulgaria manage to take Constantinople, or a Maine style incident with an Austrian vessel sent to Durres, or move up the assassination attempt on Franz Ferdinand. IF Russia decided to go to war, then that would set off the chain reaction as OTL- but not quite the same, as Russia did partially mobilize during the crisis to keep Auatria from intervening.

Actually maybe have Italy either suffer more during the war (sticking in longer) or do better and push for gains in the Balkans. Something with the Dardanelles? The Italians made a raid on Gallipoli IIRC. Really I think constantinople or Armenia would have to be the dealbreaker pressing the russians not to back down- that or Serbia, Greece, or Bulgaria looking on the verge of defeat/occupation by the Ottomans and/or Austrians (maybe Greece tries to take Rhodes, causing a clash with Italy? The Balkan league losing the Greek navy to the Italians doing a drive by could be enough to allow the Turks to win the war) since somehow I doubt the Young Turks would be happy with status quo ante if they managed to push the Serbs back over the border. There is no immediate impetus to war, nor insult to bonor- no perceived existential threat to Russian interests in the Balkans- quite the contrary!

Lots of ideas in here - but in the end, I have no clear idea of who is doing what to who, and what chain of of alliances and escalation that leads to, and how the sides are lined up for the alternate early WWI at the end of it.