Could Catholic Japan conquer the Spanish Empire?

Deleted member 93645

If the Spanish converted Japan to Christianity, could westernized Japan then conquer the Spanish Empire, or at least the Philippines?

Wouldn't Christian Japan look to expand on mainland Asia before turning on the Spanish? I guess they could conquer the Philippines, but would they?

The Spanish Empire is too big to conquer from the Pacific and you need to state when they would do this.

If you're talking about Westernized Japan conquering Spanish Empire in the 1800's then it's possible. However there is no way or reason that they would try to take Cuba, Morocco, or Puerto Rico. Any conquest would only involve Guam and Philippines. If you're talking about Pre-Napoleonic Spain then no, it's impossible no matter how western Japan would have been.

Deleted member 93645

The Spanish Empire is too big to conquer from the Pacific and you need to state when they would do this.
Spanish and Japanese ships crossed the Pacific all the time, although I suppose if it was an offensive operation it would be a bit harder.

No. There not be any reason for such act and it would be impossible anyway.
Well, the reason to conquer it would be the same thing the Spanish wanted--gold and silver.

If the Spanish converted Japan to Christianity, could westernized Japan then conquer the Spanish Empire, or at least the Philippines?

How would it be able to conquer an entire continent? It could barely conquer Korea.

The Philippines is possible, but only under certain circumstances, like an even worse decline of the Spanish Empire allowing the Catholic Japanese to take over as opposed to the heretic Dutchmen.

Spanish and Japanese ships crossed the Pacific all the time, although I suppose if it was an offensive operation it would be a bit harder.

Well, the reason to conquer it would be the same thing the Spanish wanted--gold and silver.
The English/British have been trying to do it for years without success,every attempt to invade Spanish Continental territories in the Americas ended in decisive defeats,why do you think the Japanese would have more success?

Japan has that already.
If they wanted money, wouldn't they just hit them with indemnities? In this case, China is still the preferable target.
China didn't fall behind until much longer after Spain's golden age (which I assume is when Japan is converted), I'd say Korea or Vietnam, but not China.

Deleted member 93645

The English/British have been trying to do it for years without success,every attempt to invade Spanish Continental territories in the Americas ended in decisive defeats,why do you think the Japanese would have more success?
Japan has more people to send as settlers, and the Spanish can't intercept the Japanese in Europe like they did to the English.

If they wanted money, wouldn't they just hit them with indemnities? In this case, China is still the preferable target.
But could they trust the Europeans to continue paying the indemnities being a world apart?

They'd have to maintain a naval presence which is easier in the Americas than Europe.

China didn't fall behind until much longer after Spain's golden age (which I assume is when Japan is converted), I'd say Korea or Vietnam, but not China.
Could Japan ally with the Southern Ming?

Could Japan ally with the Southern Ming?
Even so, I remain doubtful if they could win a drawn out war. They could take the coast and hold it for say, 15 years, but any more longer would be ASB. War with the Qing would also prompt Qing investment into their already massive military and further limit Japan's strength on Asia.

Japan has more people to send as settlers, and the Spanish can't intercept the Japanese in Europe like they did to the English.

But could they trust the Europeans to continue paying the indemnities being a world apart?

They'd have to maintain a naval presence which is easier in the Americas than Europe.
Where do they send settlers over?The Spanish never intercepted the English in Europe.They fought the English/British in Central and Southern Americas and won decisively.The most the English/British could do would be to conquer outlying islands like Jamaica.Assuming the Japanese survived the storms and scurvy,they'd be too weak and most likely be further decimated by tropical diseases like malaria,yellow fever etc.

Deleted member 93645

Where do they send settlers over?The Spanish never intercepted the English in Europe.They fought the English/British in Central and Southern Americas and won decisively.The most the English/British could do would be to conquer outlying islands like Jamaica.Assuming the Japanese survived the storms and scurvy,they'd be too weak and most likely be further decimated by tropical diseases like malaria,yellow fever etc.
What if they colonized California first? Some of the places the English, French, and Dutch took from the Spanish were actually just claimed and unsettled, so it's not that much bigger of an ordeal.

Hokkaido was literally just a few ten miles away from the Main Island and they did not colonized the island until the late 19th century.

California is much closer to Mexico than to Japan. Maintain a naval presence, well, I don't know how the heck they're going to supply such a 'presence'.